Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 17th May 2011, 20:35   #1246
BHPian
 
sreejinair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Aurangabad
Posts: 171
Thanked: 33 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The new Fiesta has more space for the rear bench than the Fiesta Classic. So if the Fiesta Classic was able to sell, the new Fiesta, which betters the old model in almost all aspects should sell really well too. So no worries buddy !
I think I've seen more than 10 video reviews of the new fiesta and all of them said its a good car, but the rear seat is not comfortable at all, no leg room very less head room. As far as selling goes, who said it wont sell. If the new verna can sell with the crappy build quality, tiny rear vision, average handling, loads of legroom but no under thigh support and no head room for 6 footers..... if this can sell the new fiesta will also sell. But I was expecting the new fiesta to have good legroom and head room in the rear. Damm dont know why the German's can manage to do it in the same segment i.e. Vento
sreejinair is offline  
Old 17th May 2011, 20:41   #1247
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,378
Thanked: 1,791 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankk View Post
debatable.
The verna has a variable geometry unit.
we'll have to see on the road.
And as it is, the verna has been acknowledged as a screamer on straights, compared to most others in this segment.
hurts me to say it, but what to do.
The previous Verna too had VGT, it reduces the turbo lag but doesn't eliminate it completely. Also the Verna is definitely a screamer in the straights, but that is when you use the gears and avoid the turbo lag I was telling that the drivability is much better in the Fiesta than in the Verna. Even the Vento has very good drivability.
aravind.anand is offline  
Old 17th May 2011, 22:50   #1248
BANNED
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Ludhiana
Posts: 525
Thanked: 207 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Mustang.101,

As per a sales executive of a Ford dealer, they had received information from their HQ that New Fiesta launch is on 1st June 2011. He is pretty sure about those dates & indicated they have taken 35 booking so far for the new fiesta. Added that there are no cancellation charges & 50k is booking amount. Any clue on this?
Even the same thing was said by the Ford Sales executive a week ago, but he haven't hinted about the Concrete info on its launch date, but said that it might happen in first or second week of June2011 &

Also added at the same moment that Ford India will discontinue the top-end SXi variant of previous Fiesta(Fiesta Classic now), only base EXi & mid CLXi will be available thereafter.
CRtorquefan is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 08:40   #1249
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Mustang.101,

As per a sales executive of a Ford dealer, they had received information from their HQ that New Fiesta launch is on 1st June 2011. He is pretty sure about those dates & indicated they have taken 35 booking so far for the new fiesta. Added that there are no cancellation charges & 50k is booking amount. Any clue on this?
Yes it could be true, and the booking amount and no cancellation charges policy is definitely true.

Fiesta that is displayed in delhi has a lease till mid june i guess, so if prices and/or variants are announced by June 1st then it would be good for the company.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 10:53   #1250
BHPian
 
Reisender's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Atlanta, USA ; Chennai India
Posts: 146
Thanked: 45 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Spotted a new Fiesta test vehicle in GST road near MEPZ on Monday 5/16.
Took couple of pics with mob cam and clarity is not that great.
Anyhow i will attach them later.
Reisender is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 12:19   #1251
Senior - BHPian
 
Surprise's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 2,299
Thanked: 129 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Fiesta that is displayed in delhi has a lease till mid june i guess, so if prices and/or variants are announced by June 1st then it would be good for the company.
Sorry, Iam not clear with the above..whats that lease stuff?

Got a chance to talk to him (SE) again...June 1, 2011 launch-1-7th June, 2011 announcement of variants and prices, 1st week of July 2011 vehicles will be delivered to customers..Hope all those dates gets real.

Key here is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post

PROS:

1) You can feel the extra power in the new fiesta
2) Throttle Response is better
3) More Stable at higher speeds ie. > 120 kmph
4) Cornering is really better than our current fiesta and steering is more direct.
5) Ride is also better
6) Longer wheelspin wooohooo!!!
7) Steering is better to hold.

CONS:
1) The steering is an electric one & you can make that out obviously as it is much lighter than the old fiesta steering, Infact the heavy steering feel is missing but is not actually vague. The steering however becomes a little more heavier when you cross 60 kmph.
2) Feedback in the steering of the new fiesta is no match to the current fiesta in India. The latter is the clear winner here, no questions asked.
3) Not even the most obedient driver in India will hear the horn of the new gen fiesta, Its simply too soft.

Conclusion : In comparison to the current fiesta in India, Performance is better, Ride is also better & handling is also better but the steering loses some feel & feedback, otherwise handling is more precise & direct.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Pricing will be killer! I guess the company has learnt that pricing is the key in the Indian market.
Fiesta is becoming a strong, very strong contender for Vento & Verna
Surprise is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 12:26   #1252
BHPian
 
optimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 82 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
.... if this can sell the new fiesta will also sell. But I was expecting the new fiesta to have good legroom and head room in the rear. Damm dont know why the German's can manage to do it in the same segment i.e. Vento
OT.
Specifically to clear this doubt, i had been to VW showroom just after taking a verna test drive in the back seat.

i don't think it's better by a very significant margin. may be a cm at the max. i'm approx 5'10 1/2". So i can pass 2-3 fingers in both Verna and the Vento between the head and the roof.
optimist is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 14:09   #1253
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Delhi
Posts: 64
Thanked: 9 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

I wish 1st June launch news is true. It will help to end the uncertainity about choosing Verna 1.6 D SX or Fiesta 1.6 TDCI.
Joy73US is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 18:06   #1254
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,378
Thanked: 1,791 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joy73US View Post
I wish 1st June launch news is true. It will help to end the uncertainity about choosing Verna 1.6 D SX or Fiesta 1.6 TDCI.
Even otherwise you might want to wait as the Fiesta is a much acclaimed product and waiting a month more to test drive both and then choosing what suits you and your requirements more would be wiser.
aravind.anand is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 18:12   #1255
Senior - BHPian
 
shajufx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: BLR & Muscat
Posts: 1,678
Thanked: 445 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Already 84 pages and 1250+ posts and still no clue about the price part ? Interesting !! I am curious to know what is causing this price announcement delay than the actual launch date ! Is Ford India waiting for a rival details before it takes a deep jump into the 'ever-wanting-more-for less money' Indian clients ?
shajufx is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 20:41   #1256
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Sorry, Iam not clear with the above..whats that lease stuff?
The lease for which it is displayed at select city walk mall in new delhi.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 21:43   #1257
BHPian
 
optimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 82 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
The Voice Activated Controls on the new Fiesta noticed, explained and much appreciated
Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
but it is a feature that also enhances safety
Is it not quicker to do things like increasing the ac or something like that by hand after you get familiar with the car instead of getting distracted with the voice? We do not need to find the wiper stalks, the headlight /AC or other switches with our eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
The lease for which it is displayed at select city walk mall in new delhi.
If it can be displayed in Delhi, why not other cities and is it available for you to sit in it?

Last edited by optimist : 18th May 2011 at 21:45.
optimist is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 21:53   #1258
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,378
Thanked: 1,791 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
Is it not quicker to do things like increasing the ac or something like that by hand after you get familiar with the car instead of getting distracted with the voice? We do not need to find the wiper stalks, the headlight /AC or other switches with our eyes.
But you need to take your eyes off the road for it. Unlike the wiper or headlight stalks, the electronic controls of the AC require the driver to take his eyes off the road and view the display screen to see the temperature of fan speed he is setting. If its a mechanical AC control, yes its easier to do it ourselves. And attending calls by just saying "attend call" is much safer than searching and picking the phone in our hand, seeing who's calling and then attending it, ain't I right Sir?

Last edited by aravind.anand : 18th May 2011 at 21:54. Reason: typographical error.
aravind.anand is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 22:14   #1259
BHPian
 
optimist's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 221
Thanked: 82 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by aravind.anand View Post
But you need to take your eyes off the road for it. Unlike the wiper or headlight stalks, the electronic controls of the AC require the driver to take his eyes off the road and view the display screen to see the temperature of fan speed he is setting. If its a mechanical AC control, yes its easier to do it ourselves. And attending calls by just saying "attend call" is much safer than searching and picking the phone in our hand, seeing who's calling and then attending it, ain't I right Sir?

Ok I seriously need to get into my car now, in the dark and try to find all controls to search for answers.

For the phone, is there not a wheel mounted answer or reject?


For the AC:
Now don't tell me you need to set the ac at 17 and the fan speed at the second bar to feel comfortable. It's just a matter of what feels comfortable and just an example of what can be achieved in half a second with the non driving hand and no eyes at a safer time rather than at an intersection.

if I am not mistaken, the voice prompts you for the command, you wait for it to respond, then think of a response which is a in duration longer and a bigger distraction.

For those use climate control, can you please explain how you set the controls and what you do if you don't feel comfortable.

As someone else posted, (sorry cant remember where or the exact wordings) the the steering wheel and wheels and an engine will do in a car, Aren't we entering into a hitech world of useless interfaces for basic controls and paying more emi's for the fancy stuff?

I guess it's needed more by the auto makers to survive rather than we who need it.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings or start any "i'm right you'r wrong" war here but i want your honest opinions.

Last edited by optimist : 18th May 2011 at 22:19.
optimist is offline  
Old 18th May 2011, 23:34   #1260
Senior - BHPian
 
aravind.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,378
Thanked: 1,791 Times
Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Quote:
Originally Posted by optimist View Post
For those use climate control, can you please explain how you set the controls and what you do if you don't feel comfortable.

As someone else posted, (sorry cant remember where or the exact wordings) the the steering wheel and wheels and an engine will do in a car, Aren't we entering into a hitech world of useless interfaces for basic controls and paying more emi's for the fancy stuff?

I guess it's needed more by the auto makers to survive rather than we who need it.

Sorry if I hurt any feelings or start any "i'm right you'r wrong" war here but i want your honest opinions.
Honestly, since I drive an ANHC, I have no need for this as the mechanical air-con controls don't need it, like I had mentioned earlier. This is because, it has only a finite number of positions. But the ACC systems that I had experienced, were rotary electronic controls that could keep rotating endlessly. In such cases I thought, this voice command interface would be simpler to just say the number to set the temperature. Purely my view.

Ah come on, you were just speaking your mind out, and I would like to appreciate you for doing just that. Not many people do that these days

Just a thought- In that case, engine on/off buttons, steering mounted audio controls, powered seats, and many such things are just fancy stuff too right? and IMHO, I find modern touch screen music systems very distracting as to change any setting while on drive, the driver has to take his eyes off the road!
aravind.anand is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pics & Report: 2014 Honda City unveiled in India parrys The Indian Car Scene 366 17th December 2013 00:02
Pics & Report: 2013 Skoda Octavia unveiled @ Mumbai parrys The Indian Car Scene 201 10th September 2013 07:10
2012 Mahindra Rodeo RZ Unveiled - Ride Report & Pics parrys Motorbikes 18 9th June 2013 07:47
Pics & Report : Mercedes B-Class unveiled @ Buddh theMAG The Indian Car Scene 37 18th September 2012 14:35
Please help me decide: Fiesta S or Fiesta ZXi? EDIT: Booked Fiesta S! Pics on pg5. frankmehta Sedans 108 18th August 2009 13:43


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:35.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks