Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 31st May 2011, 15:33   #1396
Senior - BHPian

Default re: New Ford Fiesta Unveiled : Report & Pics - Page 120

Got this in email. Guess the launch might be tomorrow, even if not, we have an update from Mustang.101

Quote:
Dear Friend,
You are invited to be part of a special FASHION SHOW! One where renowned fashion designer Swapnil Shinde has used the all-new Ford Fiesta as his inspiration to design clothes.

The Fiesta Futuristic Collection, has been designed exclusively for this event, with a view to bring alive, striking features of the all-new Fiesta.

Also present at the show will be senior executives from Ford India to share their thoughts on the Fiesta Futuristic Collection!

Witness the live streaming of the event on 31st May 2011, 4PM on the Ford Fiesta Facebook Community page. Join the community for more information and fun.

Look forward to you making the fashion statement with us!
Old 31st May 2011, 15:46   #1397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise View Post
Got this in email. Guess the launch might be tomorrow, even if not, we have an update from Mustang.101
Quote from Mustang.101 post on last page :-

On May 31 ie today you can watch the live stream of the Swapnil Shinde Fiesta inspired fashion show on the facebook page. But one thing is sure that the car will NOT be launched today.
Old 31st May 2011, 16:41   #1398
Senior - BHPian

Looks like the event on FB is 40 minutes late----nothing was happening so far, but some good music has started just now.

Edit: After a very brief introduction by Michael Boenham, who said the car will be launced very soon (he also said mid year), there are some models now shaking legs. But who wants those? We want the car mighty pronto.

Last edited by vnabhi : 31st May 2011 at 16:48.
Old 31st May 2011, 18:00   #1399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Looks like the event on FB is 40 minutes late----nothing was happening so far, but some good music has started just now.

Edit: After a very brief introduction by Michael Boenham, who said the car will be launced very soon (he also said mid year), there are some models now shaking legs. But who wants those? We want the car mighty pronto.
God knows what according to those gentlemen is "very soon" But mid-year is such a nice word to hear. Hoping that the good news from Mustang.101 tomorrow is about the launch dates
Old 31st May 2011, 18:03   #1400
BHPian

I don't see any video streaming on FB page, nor anything under past events page.
Old 31st May 2011, 18:10   #1401
BHPian

While returning to Chennai on NH45 on Saturday, I saw a fleet of vehicles zooming on the opposite side. Initially I thought they were the new Hyundai Vernas, but only after crossing them did I realise that they were the new Fiestas. First look on the highway there was not much of difference between the Verna & Fiesta. It was almost like looking at the same car. Sorry no photos.
Old 31st May 2011, 20:04   #1402
BHPian

Happened to be at the Select Citywalk Mall, Delhi (where the Fiesta has been on display) for a bit. Seemed that the fashion show had just finished. Even though the security guard was a bit unhappy, managed to enter the supposed 'press only' area and had a chat with the senior-most looking chap. Looked like a European/American. Had to probe and press a lot. Said that it may take TWO months for the car to be delivered. In typical sales style, also added that it would be worth the wait.

Also spoke about the cabin space and if it would be suitable for my 6'. He assured me that it was. He too was about my height. On being asked if there would be enough room for him to sit behind me as the driver, he tried to give an assured yes, but it was not really a confident yes.

Also mentioned about the restlessness in potential buyers, wherein another person from Ford joined in. They said that they are aware. Almost seemed like them acknowledging it as a well structred plan on their part, to as if build up the hype.

More when I am on the computer.
Old 31st May 2011, 21:24   #1403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitive View Post
Said that it may take TWO months for the car to be delivered.
Coming from a Ford official :(

If that is the case, only option for me is to cancel the booking and go with Verna RB. Its bit tough to manage with standby cars. Earlier in this thread Mustang.101 has mentioned that Ford's strategy is to deliver the cars without any delays & sincerely hope that the guy who commented has limited visibility on that
Old 31st May 2011, 21:28   #1404
BHPian

Like I mentioned in one of my posts in March, the all new fiesta with all cool features, excellent handling, good ride quality and no leg and headroom will be launched in July and delivery will start in August. I some how was also able to tell the Verna launch when Sid said it will be in March
Old 31st May 2011, 22:12   #1405
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejinair View Post
Like I mentioned in one of my posts in March, the all new fiesta with all cool features, excellent handling, good ride quality and no leg and headroom will be launched in July and delivery will start in August. I some how was also able to tell the Verna launch when Sid said it will be in March
Is that your guess or got it from any of your sources? Anyway, we hope all these building suspense will be punctured by Mustang.101 tomorrow

Came across this article...

Ford takes no blame after new Fiesta spontaneously combusts - International - IOL | Breaking News | South Africa News | World News | Sport | Business | Entertainment | IOL.co.za

Quote:
A Cape Town woman whose new Ford Fiesta apparently spontaneously caught fire while parked in her garage, is locked in a dispute with the Ford Motor Company of Southern Africa over compensation for her financial loss.
Dalida Hugo said the car was parked in a locked garage at her rented flat in Sea Point on March 26 when it burst into flames, severely damaged the vehicle, her garage and adjoining garages, and also destroyed personal belongings she had stored in the garage.
Quote:
report of the investigators indicated the fire originated in the engine compartment in the vicinity of the air filter housing and battery, and there was no evidence of any deliberate ignition, pre-fire forced entry or any interference with any of the electrical components or connections on any of the harnesses.
Old 1st June 2011, 00:00   #1406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Tomorrow i have an appointment with the dentist so i will get you some cool info on wednesday. I will get you something cool and concrete on wednesday. So wait till then.
It's the day. Waiting with bated breath . Please end the suspense and of course, my sincere thanks go to you.
Old 1st June 2011, 00:06   #1407
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Earlier in this thread Mustang.101 has mentioned that Ford's strategy is to deliver the cars without any delays & sincerely hope that the guy who commented has limited visibility on that
Both mentioned the same thing. Mustang mentioned that the project team is instructed NOT to have more than 2 months delay in deliveries !

So I guess 2 months delay will be the max and all customers should be getting the car even before that. Add to it, the initial lot might get the cars earlier if Ford follows the Figo funda by manufacturing pre-launch cars and stocking them up! It also could take some customers away from the Verna owning to higher wait period!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 1st June 2011 at 00:08.
Old 1st June 2011, 00:15   #1408
MAS
Senior - BHPian

I spoke to my contact in MPL Ford. He mentioned that they would get the display car by the end of June or beginning of July. So far the showroom has received 120 bookings and they have promised deliver by August mid-end.

According to him, the 1.6 Litre TDCi would be in the range of 9-11 Lakhs. I hope Mustang is right here.
Old 1st June 2011, 07:07   #1409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Yes the game plan is that deliveries initially should not take more than 2 months (+ or - 10%) and after 2-3 months of the launch the delivery time should not be more than 45 days. And later on not more than a month.
Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Both mentioned the same thing. Mustang mentioned that the project team is instructed NOT to have more than 2 months delay in deliveries !
Thanks swiftnfurious for clarifying.

Mustang.101: How does the project team handle that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Add to it, the initial lot might get the cars earlier if Ford follows the Figo funda by manufacturing pre-launch cars and stocking them up! It also could take some customers away from the Verna owning to higher wait period!
Last time when I checked, VERNA-D delivery period is of 2 weeks. Have to find out the latest status.

Will these pre-launch cars have any impact on quality? Like this

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo View Post
I noticed some large gaps between the panels and on the shut-lines. It looks like a malady which many a manufacturer nowadays is embracing with wide arms! I fail to understand why it should be so difficult to ensure that the gaps are narrower. If you look at the accompanying pictures, at places I managed to insert a double folded, 8-10 pages (thick art paper) handout through these gaps. Such gaps are visible between many of the external panels and hopefully, should be sorted out on the final production versions.

Notice the panel gaps:

That’s a double-folded 8-10 page handout sitting in between:

Attached Images

Last edited by Surprise : 1st June 2011 at 07:13.
Old 1st June 2011, 10:46   #1410
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Last time when I checked, VERNA-D delivery period is of 2 weeks. Have to find out the latest status.
I read on the Verna TD post that some places have a waiting period of 3 months too ! The waiting period might have gone up.

Quote:
Will these pre-launch cars have any impact on quality? Like this
Those were pre-production cars. The new cars should not have such issues. As far as I know, every manufacture does a batch of pre-production cars before they start the actual / final car production [May be to test how the assemblies function and all]. It could happen that these cars will be send for TDs to magazines as well. Also I came to know that these cars will be dumped and will never be sold !
Closed Thread