Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2010, 22:26   #136
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 586 Times
Default Are Bangalore prices a rip-off ??

Received the pricelist for Figo from Lathangi motors, Bangalore and was shocked to find a huge price difference between the Chennai prices which was posted here a few days ago and the Bangalore prices (A comparison table for the Titanium Diesel posted below). Yes - the Road tax is known to be way higher, but how can the dealer explain the price difference in the items that have been highlighted in Red in the table below ? 1699 vs 2200 for the "Essentials pack", and 21.5K instead of 15.8K for insurance !! (And of course the "incidental expenses" of 4.5K)

I wonder if they would charge higher even for the extended warranty ??

By the way I got an online quote for insurance for the Figo TDCI Titanium from ICICI Lombard's website, and the premium amount was Rs. 12,400 (for a depreciated IDV of 5,03,405 corresponding to the ex-showroom price of 5,29,900). How can Lathangi charge me 9K+ extra for the same ??

Is it possible to tell the dealer that I'll buy my own insurance ?

And doesn't Ford have any control on what price their dealers charge ?
Attached Images
 
kala is offline  
Old 20th March 2010, 23:43   #137
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,019
Thanked: 526 Times
Default

Kala, the dealer trying to extract some quick bucks there. Stick with own insurance. Be sure you get the delivery before April 1. Afterwards Bangalore prices are going to go up ~3% again.
poloman is offline  
Old 20th March 2010, 23:56   #138
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 365
Thanked: 135 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Received the pricelist for Figo from Lathangi motors, Bangalore and was shocked to find a huge price difference between the Chennai prices which was posted here a few days ago and the Bangalore prices (A comparison table for the Titanium Diesel posted below). Yes - the Road tax is known to be way higher, but how can the dealer explain the price difference in the items that have been highlighted in Red in the table below ? 1699 vs 2200 for the "Essentials pack", and 21.5K instead of 15.8K for insurance !! (And of course the "incidental expenses" of 4.5K)

I wonder if they would charge higher even for the extended warranty ??

By the way I got an online quote for insurance for the Figo TDCI Titanium from ICICI Lombard's website, and the premium amount was Rs. 12,400 (for a depreciated IDV of 5,03,405 corresponding to the ex-showroom price of 5,29,900). How can Lathangi charge me 9K+ extra for the same ??

Is it possible to tell the dealer that I'll buy my own insurance ?

And doesn't Ford have any control on what price their dealers charge ?
I think the Bangalore dealer quote is a rip-off . 25,000 rs for Figo insurance? You are better off getting insurance yourself and yes, you can tell the dealer that you will get the insurance yourself. Also you can negotiate with the dealer for difference in other stuff also except road tax and registration of course.
chennai-indian is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 00:01   #139
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Best course of action is to take a quote from multiple dealers.

Also the incidental expenses may include bribes etc for the Road tax and registration.

So Caveat Emptor (Buyer beware).

25K for insurance - ask you dealer to take a hike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Is it possible to tell the dealer that I'll buy my own insurance ?
Brix is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 01:17   #140
Senior - BHPian
 
Captain Slow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,256
Thanked: 649 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post
Received the pricelist for Figo from Lathangi motors, Bangalore and was shocked to find a huge price difference between the Chennai prices which was posted here a few days ago and the Bangalore prices (A comparison table for the Titanium Diesel posted below). Yes - the Road tax is known to be way higher, but how can the dealer explain the price difference in the items that have been highlighted in Red in the table below ? 1699 vs 2200 for the "Essentials pack", and 21.5K instead of 15.8K for insurance !! (And of course the "incidental expenses" of 4.5K)

I wonder if they would charge higher even for the extended warranty ??

By the way I got an online quote for insurance for the Figo TDCI Titanium from ICICI Lombard's website, and the premium amount was Rs. 12,400 (for a depreciated IDV of 5,03,405 corresponding to the ex-showroom price of 5,29,900). How can Lathangi charge me 9K+ extra for the same ??

Is it possible to tell the dealer that I'll buy my own insurance ?

And doesn't Ford have any control on what price their dealers charge ?
Kala there is surely something fishy here.
Metro ford's price list for the same is only 15,604 thats the insurance and the on road price bangalore is 6.31xx Including the extended warranty and the essentials.


Which area in bangalore are you from?
Drop me a PM if you want I can give the contact details of a very nice junior sales guy at metro ford. He has been pretty helpful so far. I booked mine through this person
Captain Slow is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 08:18   #141
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kala View Post

By the way I got an online quote for insurance for the Figo TDCI Titanium from ICICI Lombard's website, and the premium amount was Rs. 12,400 (for a depreciated IDV of 5,03,405 corresponding to the ex-showroom price of 5,29,900). How can Lathangi charge me 9K+ extra for the same ??

Is it possible to tell the dealer that I'll buy my own insurance ?

And doesn't Ford have any control on what price their dealers charge ?
I think you should check with metro ford also & then tell me about it.
Also one thing i forgot to tell everyone who has booked a figo, Dont go for ICICI lombard insurance, They have serious 'claim passing' issues, Go with either IFFCO-TOKIO or Bajaj Allianz (our other partners).


Quote:
Originally Posted by mkerala View Post
I think there are bottle holders one every door, including rear.
Vids was referring to the centre bottle/cup holder just behind the handbrake.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 09:29   #142
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 278
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

I too got a 21 K insurance quote from Lathangi Ford, Bangalore and it was shocking. I asked them why so high, they told it is the best policy around from Bajaj Allianze which gives 100% repayment upto 2 times an year blah blah..I told them I will get on my own. Already got a quote for 12K from Cholamandalam through easyinsurance portal. I guess dealer is trying for a rip off from us and I already have no trust in them and regret my decision of going with them !
Revy is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 10:18   #143
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

Darn ! I changed my insurance from Royal Sundaram to ICICI this year for my older car.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
Dont go for ICICI lombard insurance, They have serious 'claim passing' issues, Go with either IFFCO-TOKIO or Bajaj Allianz (our other partners).
Brix is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 11:34   #144
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
Mustang, These features are also there on the Exi also right?

thanks mustang I will make sure they dont give me icici crappy insurance.
Yes, Tell the dealer now only that you dont want ICICI insurance.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 14:41   #145
BHPian
 
hiren959's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Ahmedabad
Posts: 339
Thanked: 50 Times
Default

Today I had a very bad experience with Cargo ford C G road ahmedabad, as yesterday I had a call from them that test vehicle Figo TDCI is already with them so pls come. I told SP that I will be coming on Sunday morning, he said "OK SAAR" the gate pass will be ready for you at morning to save the time.(As I already visited the showroom)
Today I reached around 11:45 morning, that particular SP was not appeared.Two or three other SP welcomed me and prepared gate pass immediately for the test vehicle, as it was parked in their stockyard as per their knowledge. I sat and watched other people coming for Figo and Fiesta, it was 12:20 by the time and there is no news on test drive so I once again called one of the SP about that, he asked another two SP that pls go and get a car, answer was the car was with manager, called the manager and he replied that he was having a petrol one. Called some another SP and he told that the car was with one another SP named Amit...(though it seemed that the car was still in the stock yard as per the driver talk) and the story continued for almost ten to fifteen minutes.
Meanwhile I have made up my mind that in any case I dont want to deal with these type people before of after buying a "FORD CAR", told all SPs that I dont need a test drive and your cars too and you should be shamed for wasting my time.
hiren959 is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 14:50   #146
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kottayam
Posts: 282
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiren959 View Post
Today I had a very bad experience with Cargo ford C G road ahmedabad, as yesterday I had a call from them that test vehicle Figo TDCI is already with them so pls come. I told SP that I will be coming on Sunday morning, he said "OK SAAR" the gate pass will be ready for you at morning to save the time.(As I already visited the showroom)
Today I reached around 11:45 morning, that particular SP was not appeared.Two or three other SP welcomed me and prepared gate pass immediately for the test vehicle, as it was parked in their stockyard as per their knowledge. I sat and watched other people coming for Figo and Fiesta, it was 12:20 by the time and there is no news on test drive so I once again called one of the SP about that, he asked another two SP that pls go and get a car, answer was the car was with manager, called the manager and he replied that he was having a petrol one. Called some another SP and he told that the car was with one another SP named Amit...(though it seemed that the car was still in the stock yard as per the driver talk) and the story continued for almost ten to fifteen minutes.
Meanwhile I have made up my mind that in any case I dont want to deal with these type people before of after buying a "FORD CAR", told all SPs that I dont need a test drive and your cars too and you should be shamed for wasting my time.
Sorry to hear that you had a bad experience. But you must understand that they are also common people who will commit mistakes.

I have also have many similar experience. I had booked an estilo few months back and waited for it for 4 months even though they promised delivery within 2 days at the time of booking.

Now waiting for figo, delivery was postponed by the dealer 3 times and i am still waiting.

These people never keep there word.
mkerala is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 15:47   #147
RGK
Senior - BHPian
 
RGK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: DPM and CHN
Posts: 1,355
Thanked: 206 Times
Default

@mkerala Did you speak to the dealer yesterday. what was the last update given to you. As you are doing it is better to take the help of Mustang.101 and other Ford guys.
RGK is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 15:59   #148
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kottayam
Posts: 282
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGK View Post
@mkerala Did you speak to the dealer yesterday. what was the last update given to you. As you are doing it is better to take the help of Mustang.101 and other Ford guys.
I think you didn't catch up my follow up,

After information from mustang about no delay in squeeze i called up dealer again. Then he said that he was about to call me to tell that he will deliver my car within 4 days.
mkerala is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 16:03   #149
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,088
Thanked: 586 Times
Default

Thanks for the inputs friends.

@chennai-indian / brix : The figure was 21.5K not 25K (Not that even 21.5 is an acceptable number)

@Captain Slow : Thank you for that info. Can you please post (or PM me) the breakup of Metro Ford's quote ? I don't think switching dealers is an option at this point since I'm expecting my vehicle to arrive in the next few days. And unless Metro can deliver a vehicle before the 31st, I stand to lose about 3% because of the tax increase. So what I'm planning to do is to try arm-twist them a bit based on the price figures from other dealers. (My booking was done before the price list was released, so I haven't talked prices with them yet, they just e-mailed me the price list)

@mustang : Thanks for the advice reg. not going in for ICICI Lombard. I'll try getting a direct quote from Bajaj Allianz or IFFCO/TOKIO, I'm sure it would be around the 12K to 14K range, and not 21K+
kala is offline  
Old 21st March 2010, 16:41   #150
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

I went to the Ford showroom in Nandaman. The showroom people were very attentive and cheerful and also followed me everywhere. Became embarrassing in fact. My full family was in tow too, helped in the TD.

I finally took the TD for the Petrol - it seems more poweful than my WagonR. Even with 5 full adults sitting inside, it gave the same feeling as a WagonR with 1 person sitting inside it. Very creditable. I was very impressed ! Plus it is a relatively new car, so more points for it.

Next my Dad took the TD for Diesel. He liked it a lot and since the TD was quite short, I didnt notice much difference in the NVH parameters.

Some questions arose and I thought I'd ask them here.
-My driver told me that diesel cars will lead to aches and pains due to vibrations. I know thats funny to some people, but he being in the trade made this point. How much of a true statement is that?
-The showroom person said that the service is 1 year/10000KM. I was quite taken aback as I give my WagonR thrice a year and I dont even run 10K KM for a year.
-My Dad, being in the Oil industry mentioned that the Petrol prices are going to take another hike - but diesel prices will remain the same(contrary to someone mentioning about a Parekh report). So ultimately, the running costs are going to be very low for diesel cars almost always.
Question is - what are the OTHER associated costs of having a diesel car.
-The showroom person mentioned that the maintenance of a diesel car is slightly more than that of petrol, say Rs.500-800 per service. Thats all is the difference, everything else is saving. Even diesel enjoys a higher resale value. How much truth is there in all these statement?

I'm see-sawing between Petrol and Diesel. I run only 600KM a month, but I would still save 15-20K a year on fuel costs if its diesel. The 1 lakh difference is capital cost, so once I drop it I wont think much of it later, but running costs pinch me every month.

I know this is an age old discussion and I'm putting stale bread on the stove - but give me your views.

Last edited by Brix : 21st March 2010 at 16:46.
Brix is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Etios - Booking to Delivery 45 Days RegularIndian Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 14th February 2012 18:23
First woman photojournalist to cancel 'Nano' booking EDIT : She's taken delivery wildon The Indian Car Scene 56 17th January 2012 07:55
Honda Jazz, a lot can happen between Booking and Delivery iIncepted Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 18 31st December 2010 20:26
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!) vivek.singh.73 The Indian Car Scene 108 27th July 2009 22:09
My experience during Swift booking/delivery theMAG Indian Car Dealerships 0 1st June 2006 09:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 09:45.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks