Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 26th March 2010, 14:13   #256
BHPian
 
PYSO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 92
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Guys. Who is the better Ford dealer in Hyderabad? The Fortune guy or the Mody guy.
There is not much choice.

Given the options, I would strongly suggest Mody, as it is the way better one among the two (though I wouldnt really love to deal with them either).

Fortune Ford is one bunch of crooks. I gave my Fiesta Petrol for servicing at Fortune Ford. When I got it back, the car was making more noise than a 1980s diesel car would make. Took it back to Fortune Ford and they realised that they had loosened the pipe which supplies air to the engine and forgotten to tighten it back. This meant that unfiltered air was going into the engine.

Another time, I gave my Fiesta for some dent removal / painting work at Fortune Ford. I collected the car in the evening at around 6:30pm, when it was already dark. Next day morning, I saw the rubbing / smoothening work which is done after repainting had not been done. This meant that the repainting work was very rough, with blobs of paint at various places. Took it back to Fortune Ford, and they fixed it after 3 days of keeping the car with them

I can give you many other instances of being let down by Fortune Ford.

Fortunately for me, my company transferred me to Bangalore... So, I dont have to deal with either Fortune or Mody
PYSO is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 15:32   #257
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: "Luck-City", TS
Posts: 699
Thanked: 344 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Guys. Who is the better Ford dealer in Hyderabad? The Fortune guy or the Mody guy.

I asked for a test drive on the Ford site and the response from Ford Chennai was quick. I am still awaiting a phone call from the dealer as Ford redirects it to the local dealer.

Depending on which dealer is better, I will, maybe, go myself to the dealer.
Fortune Ford at Hyderabad is owned by Mr Nirav Modi and has showrooms at Somajiguda (next to Eenadu) and at Tolichowki.

I do not think that there are any other dealers at Hyderabad?

You are pretty much stuck with a monopolistic situation at Hyderabad of having a single dealer with two showrooms.

You have no choice but to visit the dealer if you want TD and a deal ... unless you know Mr Nirav Modi or Mr Bashir Babukhan, the other partner of Fortune Ford, in which case anything and everything is possible.
hyd_traveller is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 16:26   #258
BHPian
 
p'arth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 257
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Fortune Ford at Hyderabad is owned by Mr Nirav Modi and has showrooms at Somajiguda (next to Eenadu) and at Tolichowki.

I do not think that there are any other dealers at Hyderabad?

You are pretty much stuck with a monopolistic situation at Hyderabad of having a single dealer with two showrooms.

You have no choice but to visit the dealer if you want TD and a deal ... unless you know Mr Nirav Modi or Mr Bashir Babukhan, the other partner of Fortune Ford, in which case anything and everything is possible.
Mody Ford is the other dealership in Hyderabad. They have 2 showrooms. (Begumpet and LB Nagar).

I have been to both dealers (Mody and Fortune) and I have found Mody to be more transparent/honest in providing information. Fortune may have a better looking showroom though

Last edited by p'arth : 26th March 2010 at 16:29.
p'arth is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 17:10   #259
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 46
Thanked: 2 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Mody Ford is the other dealership in Hyderabad. They have 2 showrooms. (Begumpet and LB Nagar).

I have been to both dealers (Mody and Fortune) and I have found Mody to be more transparent/honest in providing information. Fortune may have a better looking showroom though

Thanks Traveller Parth. Guess I will check out Mody in Begumpet first and TD the car and also find out where where his servicing stations are located.
yeggina is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 17:17   #260
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 46
Thanked: 2 Times
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PYSO View Post
There is not much choice.

Given the options, I would strongly suggest Mody, as it is the way better one among the two (though I wouldnt really love to deal with them either).

Fortune Ford is one bunch of crooks. I gave my Fiesta Petrol for servicing at Fortune Ford. When I got it back, the car was making more noise than a 1980s diesel car would make. Took it back to Fortune Ford and they realised that they had loosened the pipe which supplies air to the engine and forgotten to tighten it back. This meant that unfiltered air was going into the engine.

Another time, I gave my Fiesta for some dent removal / painting work at Fortune Ford. I collected the car in the evening at around 6:30pm, when it was already dark. Next day morning, I saw the rubbing / smoothening work which is done after repainting had not been done. This meant that the repainting work was very rough, with blobs of paint at various places. Took it back to Fortune Ford, and they fixed it after 3 days of keeping the car with them

I can give you many other instances of being let down by Fortune Ford.

Fortunately for me, my company transferred me to Bangalore... So, I dont have to deal with either Fortune or Mody
Thanks. That was useful.
yeggina is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 17:20   #261
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hyderabad
Posts: 392
Thanked: 205 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeggina View Post
Thanks Traveller Parth. Guess I will check out Mody in Begumpet first and TD the car and also find out where where his servicing stations are located.
Both Mody and Fortune are owned by partners. I mean both showrooms are interrelated. I always been to Fortune ford. They are Ok only. Not great. From my friends I heard that Mody is also same.
anumod is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 17:47   #262
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

I observe that people are real impatient when the delivery dates are pushed.

One factor is the price increase - Yes 10-15K hike is a big deal. Accepted.

But on the other hand, this is a vehicle which would be driven for the next couple of years, so a little patience would go a long way. And after such a lot of research done, why dump a car if the dates are postponed.

Anyway, guess thats my personal opinion. Its a new car, and there are bound to be niggles initially. But its a great product, and I dont mind waiting. Its almost like a wife. Dont dump the one you love because she didnt return a call or didnt speak to you. Patience my dear BHPians.

Remember we come from a nation where people waiting long months and paid hefty premiums for Premier Padminis and Bajaj scooters.
Brix is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 18:19   #263
BHPian
 
misquitas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Panjim
Posts: 859
Thanked: 272 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revy View Post
I guess not many prospective Polo buyers had much hope of getting it before 31 March. That is not the case with Figo which started production in Feb first week itself. People like me who booked without TD wanted to get the early bird advantage and avoid the hike from April. ( This is specific to Bangalore/Karnataka).

If Ford genuinely wants to impress its customers and if it is unable to deliver the cars before April 1, they should consider this "Fig(o)-leaf" option. All those who have booked their cars before April 1 should be given accessories which are worth the increased VAT and other duties in the respective states. For example, if the Figo is going to be more expensive by Rs 10-15K in Karnataka due to various duties and taxes, Ford should ask its dealers in Karnataka to gift their customers (who have booked/paid for the Figo by March 31) accessories worth Rs 10-15K. If this is done, I don't see too many early bird customers complaining too much over the delay in receiving their figos. What say?

Melvyn
misquitas is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 19:01   #264
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 278
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brix View Post
I observe that people are real impatient when the delivery dates are pushed.

One factor is the price increase - Yes 10-15K hike is a big deal. Accepted.

But on the other hand, this is a vehicle which would be driven for the next couple of years, so a little patience would go a long way. And after such a lot of research done, why dump a car if the dates are postponed.

Anyway, guess thats my personal opinion. Its a new car, and there are bound to be niggles initially. But its a great product, and I dont mind waiting. Its almost like a wife. Dont dump the one you love because she didnt return a call or didnt speak to you. Patience my dear BHPians.

Remember we come from a nation where people waiting long months and paid hefty premiums for Premier Padminis and Bajaj scooters.
Brix, I am not going to cancel the booking even if I don't get it before 1 Apr. I chose this car after considering all the new launches since last year - Punto, Jazz, i20, Ritz, Beat etc. Yet, paying 10 - 15K extra for a matter of few days, is really frustrating. Ford should have given a priority to Bangalore dealers as no other state is having this issue. If the dealer would sweeten the deal with accessories, I would still be happy. Anyway I was planning to spend 10 K on accessories including front fog lights, now that money will go for taxes Paying tax is the duty of all citizens and that helps the nation, I have no cribbing for that...But the rates in Bangalore are simply day light robbery.
Revy is offline  
Old 26th March 2010, 22:30   #265
BHPian
 
Brix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Chennai
Posts: 585
Thanked: 23 Times
Default

That is superb news. I hope I'll get mine in April first week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilead View Post
Folks, it looks like Figo deliveries have started in earnest in Chennai. I have spotted 3 ribbon-clad Figos since morning.
Brix is offline  
Old 27th March 2010, 08:55   #266
Senior - BHPian
 
joshguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,359
Thanked: 92 Times
Default

Figo deliveries started on 24th march and my friend has taken delivery of TDIC EXI on 25th

Till 25th around 40 cars were delivered from one dealer.
joshguy is offline  
Old 27th March 2010, 11:38   #267
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 1,316
Thanked: 233 Times
Default

@mkerala : Have you received your car as yet? I think you have, Your activity on this thread has declined substantially.


Last edited by Mustang.101 : 27th March 2010 at 11:39.
Mustang.101 is offline  
Old 27th March 2010, 12:57   #268
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 278
Thanked: 43 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Of come on more than two weeks since the start, but I have seen only two ownership reviews. Either they have not received the cars or people should be enjoying the beauty and forgot about TBHP meanwhile
xing, the issue is with delivery delay only. Any BHPian who gets it, would start a thread within hours and I am waiting for that moment for last one week. Lets hope soon there will be a flurry of Figo ownership threads ! Ownership thread of joethomas is very active, the other thread started by gemithomas is not up to speed Well, it is for an ostensible reason, he is enjoying a long vacation at Thekkady with his Figo in company. Hope he will soon come with a lot of updates, especially the performance of Figo on the curvy roads of Thekkady and ghat sections nearby !

Last edited by Revy : 27th March 2010 at 13:03.
Revy is offline  
Old 27th March 2010, 13:11   #269
BHPian
 
scorpio07's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: chennai
Posts: 284
Thanked: 4 Times
Default

just now spoke to the dealer, they are taking deliveries in four trucks today and will get their vin nos. hopefully, i'll get mine too. fingers crossed
scorpio07 is offline  
Old 27th March 2010, 13:39   #270
BANNED
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: kottayam
Posts: 282
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang.101 View Post
@mkerala : Have you received your car as yet? I think you have, Your activity on this thread has declined substantially.

My dealer told me yesterday that my car is in list for next delivery from ford. The truck will depart from ford this month itself and delivery within 3 days after it.


In facebook page and here every body is speaking now about delivery which has taken place or will be within days. Till 2-3 days ago it was all complaints about non-delivery. I think ford has now actually started delivery widely.

Last edited by mkerala : 27th March 2010 at 13:44.
mkerala is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Toyota Etios - Booking to Delivery 45 Days RegularIndian Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 97 14th February 2012 18:23
First woman photojournalist to cancel 'Nano' booking EDIT : She's taken delivery wildon The Indian Car Scene 56 17th January 2012 07:55
Honda Jazz, a lot can happen between Booking and Delivery iIncepted Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 18 31st December 2010 20:26
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!) vivek.singh.73 The Indian Car Scene 108 27th July 2009 22:09
My experience during Swift booking/delivery theMAG Indian Car Dealerships 0 1st June 2006 09:03


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 03:59.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks