Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 29th June 2012, 16:07   #106
BHPian

Default Re: Tata Safari Storme : Test Drive and Review with pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5 View Post
Happened to meet friend who is working for Tata Motors, got some inputs from him..

1) Indigo eCS with all new interiors. According to him interiors are really good. It is total revamp, no part is used from existing part bin.

2) All new exterior/interior for Indica/Vista. According to my friend it looks inspired from i20.

3) Manza CS (as we all know)
4) Nano Diesel testing still going on. (as we all know)
5) Indica XL (as we all know)
that means nothing is happening on the Safari Storme and is ready to launch?
arvindmanju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 16:13   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arvindmanju View Post
that means nothing is happening on the Safari Storme and is ready to launch?
Yes he said it is ready to launch.
sushantr5 is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2012, 21:59   #108
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Happened to meet friend who is working for Tata Motors, got some inputs from him..

1) Indigo eCS with all new interiors. According to him interiors are really good. It is total revamp, no part is used from existing part bin.

2) All new exterior/interior for Indica/Vista. According to my friend it looks inspired from i20.

Exactly my point. When can we see a brand new vehicle model. (Aria was the last). When can we see a model competes with Ertiga? Will there be a small SUV ever?
To survive in the highly competitive market, TM needs a bunch of new products, which needs investment and management commitment. So continue with make overs to existing models to millk as much as much as possible, until it takes its natural death. I do not see the commitment from the management side to fight this out with MNCs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droolingvoyager View Post
purposefully sabotaging the network, it could be a hand of a competitor to sabotage the storme release
Only management to blame in this case.

Last edited by teamveevee : 29th June 2012 at 22:02.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 09:42   #109
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Yes he said it is ready to launch.
I suspect what Tata motors are waiting for is for Renault and Ford to price themselves high (old Safari/Scorpio) levels just like how Force did and then come out with Storme on a killer pricing.

If either Renault/Ford price themselves lower than they would price the Storme at the existing Safari GX/VX range and release an existing Safari VX/EX at the Ecosport/Duster pricing...
apachelongbow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 11:24   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushantr5

What Tata calls really good is questionable, simply because of the use of poor quality materials. Even if the interiors are inspired by those in the i20, it doesn't follow that they will be as good.

And do they mean that the interiors of the Indica/Vista will be similar? It'd help reduce development costs, but I think what the Vista really needs is good quality materials that are comparable to those used in the i20, and then put together equally well.

Member Super Veloce who works with Tata has already repeated Several times that there is no development on a Manza CS, so is this news really credible? No offense, just asking because one Tata source seems to be contradicting the other.
VeluM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st July 2012, 15:28   #111
BHPian

Quote:

There was talk of Tata Dolphin, to be placed between Nano and Vista. Is that one still on?
diesel_head is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 03:46   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel_head View Post
There was talk of Tata Dolphin, to be placed between Nano and Vista. Is that one still on?
No totally new model/platform) is planned for the near future.
teamveevee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:30   #113
BHPian

Default Re: The All New e-Series Indigo CS

Recently an uncle of mine bought a Vista and I was there during the delivery.
the quality of the interior plastic of the new Vista's are simply horrendous. the dash board plastic is so flimsy, it bend if you press with your thumbs!!!
There is a definite fall in quality in the Vista from the earlier versions.
The sales agent said that the car has been made lighter for better fuel efficiency and ease in handling!!
amitayu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 11:55   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by teamveevee View Post
No totally new model/platform) is planned for the near future.
May be OT, ACI reported about a year back that the successor to Vista would share platform with the successor to the Punto (it was expected that both would use an evolution of the current GP platform) and considering that the new Punto is delayed, we should probably see a new Vista 1-2 years after the Punto will be released.
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:19   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitayu View Post
Recently an uncle of mine bought a Vista and I was there during the delivery.
the quality of the interior plastic of the new Vista's are simply horrendous. the dash board plastic is so flimsy, it bend if you press with your thumbs!!!
There is a definite fall in quality in the Vista from the earlier versions.
The sales agent said that the car has been made lighter for better fuel efficiency and ease in handling!!
In earlier versions vista came with soft touch dashboard, now i dont see soft touch dashboard in face lifted vista
tushky is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 10:52   #116
BHPian

what i think now that tata should get down to rationalise their interiors from aria to all their models down the line . same what porsche is donig to their model range ,scaling down the panamera interiors bit by bit to everything . even the new boxter is running the same theme . it will be nice to see aria theme down the line to indica/indigo also . it will be fresh and new but still allready in production from economical point of view.

Last edited by quattroa4 : 3rd July 2012 at 10:54.
quattroa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 12:20   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
what i think now that tata should get down to rationalise their interiors from aria to all their models down the line . same what porsche is donig to their model range ,scaling down the panamera interiors bit by bit to everything . even the new boxter is running the same theme . it will be nice to see aria theme down the line to indica/indigo also . it will be fresh and new but still allready in production from economical point of view.
Prosche have more than sharing of the interiors, it the sharing of chassis (albeit modified for different models), body panels, etc. This is the reason they are the most profitable car company the world. Only Cayanne & Panamera have different chassis & structure. But, I believe Panamera chassis is 911 chassis extended, like Jag XJ & XJL as @KhanSultan has pointed out in his thread of Jaguar manufacturing facility visit.

However, you suggestion is wonderful, in a way that the family look can be maintained for both interiors as well as exteriors (to a great extent), not to forget the improvement in quality for the Manza/ Safari, etc.

Feed for thought - Are we ready to pay higher for these (Tata) vehicles?
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2012, 19:44   #118
BHPian

Thing is, there is nothing majorly wrong with Tata vehicles other than perception. There are indica taxis, sumo taxis, innova taxis, etios taxis. People will not buy indica or sumo for taxi image but they will happily buy innova or etios. Foreign brand?

I own a safari which is 12 years old, and still my family prefers it for comfortable long drives. Tata management is also committed to service, although it is a slightly different story at the dealership. Call management, the numbers are listed, you can talk to a person, and see how things change. Fortunately or unfortunately I had some interactions with them and I know of their commitment. In one case one part fitted in Kolkata failed while travelling to Bangalore. It was changed under warranty at Bangalore although it was a different dealership. They involved Bosch and I got a brand new fuel pump head at 50% discount and with no labor as they serviced the bottom part while the problem was at head.

Try that with any foreign dealers.

Regarding errors, there are many experiences in this forum. However, for us, the brand new A Star AT that we took delivery 3-4 days back had screws missing form rear mudflap. Tire pressure was not up to the mark, in fact in one tire it was as low as 20 psi instead of recommended 32 psi.

Last edited by sumannandy : 3rd July 2012 at 19:49.
sumannandy is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote