Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 31st August 2016, 14:08   #301
BHPian

Opportunity cost, IMO, only comes into play if you have options of investing that amount somewhere where you might be getting high returns. Such a scenario is usually not available to most people.
Keeping 6L in a FD at 7.75% and paying an EMI at 10% is counter-productive in my opinion.
rdst_1 is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2016, 14:30   #302
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: What Car @ What Salary ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdst_1 View Post
Opportunity cost, IMO, only comes into play if you have options of investing that amount somewhere where you might be getting high returns. Such a scenario is usually not available to most people.
Keeping 6L in a FD at 7.75% and paying an EMI at 10% is counter-productive in my opinion.
Correct. Which is why well chosen MFs and such are an option. The other thing to note is that if you have a huge cash outflow - and then suddenly need the cash for some sudden and unavoidable expense such as an illness, traditional gift of gold at a religious ceremony, child birth etc .. it is always essential to keep an emergency reserve of cash in liquid or easily liquidatable form.
hserus is online now   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote