Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th April 2006, 18:13   #256
Senior - BHPian

All the best Varun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boom Shiva
Tsk, if enough people win cases and the verdicts are publicised in the papers, then more people will realise that they can stand up too, and will come forward and lodge cases. Also, each victory sets a legal precedent for future cases, thus improving the chances of a favourable verdict.

Hopefully that will force companies to change their attitude towards bullying the consumer.
What TSK is saying that since big companies are fined so less that they don't feel the pinch as they would feel in Europe/USA
adya33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 21:02   #257
BHPian

Default Annexure to message No.236

This is something that I had forgotten to share with you folks.

OPs Argument :
# That I had deliberately and wilfully tarnished the image of Tatas. He claimed that I had harassed their dealer with my earlier car, whose roofing they had replaced because of my insistence.

Complainants response :
# I accepted that my earlier car’s roofing was repaired by the Ops other dealer as they had themselves damaged it while servicing my car and that they were not doing me a favour by replacing it, and they were doing only what was undone by them. The Ops have been careless, negligent and ‘we don’t care attitude’ in handling my vehicle and I shall not tolerate anyone damaging my car.

# I also related to the Hon'ble judge about another incident that had occurred with the OPs dealer. m/s Concorde Motors, Bangalore with regard to my earlier Sumo. That I had specifically instructed the dealer to refrain from putting any stickers on my vehicle. The dealer's Supervisor was annoyed and assured me verbally that he would follow my orders. I insisted that he put it down in writting in the Jobcard, which he didn't. Anyway As I was signing the Jobcard I myself Wrote " NO STICKERS PLEASE " in bold letters with a red pen. To my shock while taking delivery of my serviced vehicle I found the following defects. 1. A bold sticker of the Dealer 2. Engine oil topped up in excess of 1 litre. 3. One of the Horns was found hanging and touching the ground. I immediately called for the Works Manager, who without batting an eyelid he peeled off the sticker and in the process damaged my V-kool film on the car. Without knowing the cost of damage he told me rudely that he will replace the film. I gave him the Mumbai Contact Number. The guy refused to replace the Film when he was told that it would cost them 26K. When I threatened him that I shall write to his CEO and the Company he offered to give me some accessories in exchange of the damage caused. I refused his offer and that they were forced to replace the film in the end. One Good thing that happened was the WM and the Supervisor were fired immediately. I reminded the Judge that they had no Right to put their stickers on my car as I had not purchased this vehicle to advertise their Company's name. In my case that they had done it against my wishes. They were compelled to repair the damage only because the matter was recorded in the Jobcard. I was trying to impress upon the Hon'ble Judge about the Callous, rude and unprofessional behaviour of the OP and their dealers in treating their customers. That I have the entire episode in writting and can furnish the detail to this Forum, if required.That they did not value even the loyal return customers and rewarded them with accusation of manipulation and creating records. I reminded him once again that I do not wish to be assciated with this Company any further.

So long....
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2006, 21:10   #258
BHPian

Well done Varun. You've done a great job.... Hope it will teach Tata a good lession
sbasak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 11:48   #259
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy
As I was signing the Jobcard I myself Wrote " NO STICKERS PLEASE " in bold letters with a red pen. To my shock while taking delivery of my serviced vehicle I found the following defects. 1. A bold sticker of the Dealer 2. Engine oil topped up in excess of 1 litre. 3. One of the Horns was found hanging and touching the ground. I immediately called for the Works Manager, who without batting an eyelid he peeled off the sticker and in the process damaged my V-kool film on the car.
Rats! You really seem to have got a raw deal. I do not understand whether all bangalore Tata dealers are this bad! I mean my experience here seems to suggest that they are pretty friendly and helpful.
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 18:01   #260
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
As for reputation, in the end people buy cars they want too. How many people on TBHP itself did not buy Tata due to this case? And how many people among Tata's customers read TBHP? quote]
[SIZE=4]Tsk 1979
If you look at this thread, 11500 ( second largest on team-bhp) people have viewed it. Considering that each one of them has told this story to just one other person, if not more, then 23000 people have known about Varun’s experience. God knows in turn how many people these 23000 have told. Ultimately , the figure could be mind boggling. It doesn’t matter how many Tata guys watch this thread because in any case Varun has written them so many letters that I am sure they know the whole story, without watching team bhp.

Now I am sure, no sane person would like to undergo Varun’s experience. I think what Varun has done needs to be commended by one and all. After all he would be saving hundreds from falling into a blind pit. Knowing about this blind pit and then falling into it is another matter. By sharing his experience with such details he has shown us how one can stand up and fight an unjust cause. Unless we as responsible consumers stand up and demand deserving products and service, things are not going to change in our country.

“SC ASKS MARUTI TO REPAIR CAR” . Reading headlines like this is just the gist and the matter really doesn’t sink into us. When people like Varun share their experience at all levels, be it the workshop or the Consumer Forum , they are doing much more than what you and I would have expected. Varun has given us the confidence to fight for a just cause by choosing the true path.

Hats off Varun and keep the good work going.

God bless.
[/SIZE]
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th April 2006, 22:35   #261
BHPian

Default Beware

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zappo
Rats! You really seem to have got a raw deal. I do not understand whether all bangalore Tata dealers are this bad! I mean my experience here seems to suggest that they are pretty friendly and helpful.
[SIZE=4]There is a fine line between being cordial and being friendly. I mean both are fine, but when they are over-friendly you can be sure that they are trying to cover up their shortcomings. The guys at the workshop here are very nice to me and friendly too. But that doesn’t mean that they can screw up my car and make me run up and down to have the same problems fixed again and again.

Initially I was taken in by their friendly behaviour, but gradually I realised that they were just taking advantage of my goodness. Their being friendly would definitely be appreciated more if they were professional in their approach and do what was necessary. They themselves tell me that certain problems exist in my car and then deny it later in the presence of their seniors. The senior-most GM, Service, himself told me that my car had poor pick-up and low torque. But when it came to reporting this to the Tata officials, he let me down and denied having said that. In fact I was so upset that I wrote a letter to him stating that I was so helpless when he had done that, and wondered what they would be doing to other gullible customers.

In the end it is the performance of your car that matters more than their smiles.

So long….
[/SIZE]
Old 28th April 2006, 23:04   #262
SUV
BHPian

Quote:
[SIZE=4]There is a fine line between being cordial and being friendly. I mean both are fine, but when they are over-friendly you can be sure that they are trying to cover up their shortcomings. The guys at the workshop here are very nice to me and friendly too. But that doesn’t mean that they can screw up my car and make me run up and down to have the same problems fixed again and again.

In the end it is the performance of your car that matters more than their smiles.

So long….
[/SIZE]
I totally Agree with you, However friendly a Service / Support Guy's are .... End of the day you need to get Good Service / Support.

Problem's Just dont go away with a Smile or by being friendly ....... It only incereases them .....
SUV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st May 2006, 19:56   #263
BHPian

Default Corrections

Hello Everyone,

Greetings for the May day.

My orders are posted for the 8th of May and not 5th as mentioned in my message No. 236.

So long....
Old 4th May 2006, 20:40   #264
BHPian

All the best for tomorrow.

God bless
soccer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2006, 23:24   #265
BHPian

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by soccer
All the best for tomorrow

I think you have'nt read my message. The verdict is on the 8th.

Thanks all the same.

So long....
Old 8th May 2006, 20:46   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider4385
Hey Varun, i'm keeping the champagne bottle right next to me. Give us all the happy news fast and we'll uncork and let the bubbly flow!
Godspeed.
Alok.
The Champagne will have to sit a little while longer in the bottle.

The ORDERS that were to come today were not pronounced in the Court hall/Forum. I was told by the office staff at the Forum that the Orders will be ready only by the 12 or 13th and that they are never read out at the Court. I must add that the Staff was very courteous which was by itself a refreshing change. He even gave me the telephone Number and requested me to call and acertain that they are ready before visiting them again.

I hope and pray that the wait for POP(uncork) is worth waiting for.

So long....
Old 8th May 2006, 23:14   #267
BHPian

Quote:
The Champagne will have to sit a little while longer in the bottle.

The ORDERS that were to come today were not pronounced in the Court hall/Forum. I was told by the office staff at the Forum that the Orders will be ready only by the 12 or 13th and that they are never read out at the Court. I must add that the Staff was very courteous which was by itself a refreshing change. He even gave me the telephone Number and requested me to call and acertain that they are ready before visiting them again.

I hope and pray that the wait for POP(uncork) is worth waiting for.

So long....
Shucks! That's bad. But atleast I'm pretty certain the verdict will be ruled in your favour! Well, atleast the champagne will age a little more. The older it is the more mellow is the taste!

Godspeed.

Alok.
ghostrider4385 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th May 2006, 23:32   #268
BHPian

Good things are always worth the wait

Deepu
deepug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th May 2006, 09:33   #269
BHPian

Hey Varun,

Any updates??