Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 21st September 2010, 12:30   #271
BHPian

Yeti looks like a total all rounder. Infact it looks like nothing else on the road and in my opinion should be well received by the young buyers who have the money to spare. That brings me to the pricing bit, and I feel the amount of car being offered does not justify the price. One can get establised cars in that price range, but then again Yeti is one SUV which you would buy for its looks and the all round capabilities.
Will this be another example of a a good product being over priced by Skoda. Lets wait and watch.
The fortuner is a good success story for the Yeti to follow.
Old 21st September 2010, 15:11   #272
SCH
BHPian

Skoda Yeti - Catch and Win!. This links gives a good pictographic, specifications and features review of the Skoda Yeti.

Check it out. .................................................. ...............

Would really like if Skoda could come out with the price and official launch date for the Yeti. It would be a good bargain if priced around 15 lakhs .
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:39   #273
BHPian

I think if skoda's recent pricing strategy is anything to go by.. Then Yeti will be priced decently. But don't expect it to be in Laura's price bracket! And its also logical as Yeti has similar rear legroom to the likes of laura or a jetta and plus it has many advantages over them like a higher driving and seating position which many prefer, good offroad ability, more features like hill decent control etc etc.

And mind you, skoda is also going to correct its fabia mistake by launching a facelift model at a much better price (sans some features though) and it has also priced the new superb and laura at a decent price and enjoyed success so it will not want to mess with a good thing going here. It is correcting its previous mistakes and reaping the benefits. So I think Yeti will be priced above laura for sure but below all the SUV's like Endy, GV, Fortuner, & Captiva. and if they throw in the bigger 2.0 TDI 168 bhp engine with it, like suggested on the car & bike show on ndtv, then they might just hit a sweet spot!

Last edited by magikrider : 22nd September 2010 at 12:53.
Old 27th September 2010, 13:37   #274
Senior - BHPian

Read somewhere on the skoda India facebook it will be priced around 17L ex-showroom.
Old 4th October 2010, 15:32   #275
BHPian

Skoda seems to have lauched a page for the Yeti. Just a single page, not much information though.
Old 4th October 2010, 16:53   #276
Senior - BHPian

this is just a re-hashed version of their international page info catalogue PDF download (attached with this post) for your ref.

the india one is intended like a teaser I guess.

wish they would stop being so cagey about pricing and launch date

most irritating to have to wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents View Post
Skoda seems to have lauched a page for the Yeti. Just a single page, not much information though.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Yeti_Catalogue_ENG.pdf (2.32 MB, 346 views)
Old 4th October 2010, 17:08   #277
Senior - BHPian

IMO all the information on Yeti will be out after the 9th Of Oct. Skoda is having a training program for its dealers ( i dont know for all dealers or for selected few, but they definitely having it) on Yeti stating on the 6th and finishing on the 9th at Aurangabad.

Regards!!
Old 7th October 2010, 13:41   #278
SCH
BHPian

According to CARWALE it would be launched in second or third week of November 2010. I guess Skoda is waitng for Tata Aria launch and its pricing ... although both are different type of vehicles.
Old 9th October 2010, 16:43   #279
BHPian

went to a Dealer in Bandra -Mum, today to check the launch- So far still November! But...... price being quoted just went up! 17 to 18L ex show room Thane!

I think it time we all took a pledge to refuse to buy it if the On road price Mumbai, for the top of the line is any thing above say 15L.

Cheers!
Old 10th October 2010, 12:43   #280
BHPian

18 lacs might be for the top end if at all.. The base model would be around 15.50-16 lacs. But then again somewhere near 18 people will start thinking about the superb! So very difficult at that price
Old 10th October 2010, 15:09   #281
Team-BHP Support

Saw the Dacia Duster in CNB show. They were saying it would be India bound by 2012.

Dacia Duster - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That seems to be a true X-Over with 1.6L D spec and 100BHP. Why cant the rest get stuff like that?
Old 11th October 2010, 10:03   #282
Senior - BHPian

Just met one of the dealers with Skoda who is back from the Yeti training from Aurangabad. As per him, though the Skoda officials have been tight lipped about the pricing, but indications are that the Yeti will be launched in the bandwidth of 15.5L to 17.5L ex showroom.

Regards
Old 11th October 2010, 10:36   #283
Senior - BHPian

Take the case of Bangalore then:

If the base version is 15.5 it will become 18 - 18.5 OTR and the upper end one at 17.5 will become 20 - 21 OTR on account of road taxes and insurance, basic footmat type accessories, number plate/ registration etc etc.

hence this vehicle will be atleast nudging if not actually fiddling about in Toyota Fortuner Territory.

If this is indeed the likely scene on pricing, then the poor Skoda Yeti will end up going the way of the excellently capable and desirable but hopelessly over-priced Hyundai Tucson.

Hey guys at Skoda - if you're viewing this/ listening to our rantings, why not tweak something internally and pleasantly surprise us all!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by deky View Post
Just met one of the dealers with Skoda who is back from the Yeti training from Aurangabad. As per him, though the Skoda officials have been tight lipped about the pricing, but indications are that the Yeti will be launched in the bandwidth of 15.5L to 17.5L ex showroom.

Regards
Old 14th October 2010, 12:18   #284
BHPian

At a time when everything seems to indicate that the Yeti will be priced at least over 15 L and perhaps close to 17 L, it's strange to see a Business Today report yesterday that says it will be priced at 10L (although of course I wish it were true ).

With the Aria pricing out now I do wonder whether Skoda is going to rethink their strategy.

I too think they should introduce their petrol variant. Its FE is good enough to entice prospective buyers, especially if the price is better.
Old 14th October 2010, 13:22   #285
Senior - BHPian

10 Lacs means that the Yeti will be booked out before it even reaches the retail system!

15-17L means that it will more or less be sitting around in the Tata Aria territory and nudging about in Toyota Fortuner territory, which will certainly reduce its chances of really being a world beater in terms of sales!

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlinestuffa View Post
At a time when everything seems to indicate that the Yeti will be priced at least over 15 L and perhaps close to 17 L, it's strange to see a Business Today report yesterday that says it will be priced at 10L (although of course I wish it were true ).

With the Aria pricing out now I do wonder whether Skoda is going to rethink their strategy.

I too think they should introduce their petrol variant. Its FE is good enough to entice prospective buyers, especially if the price is better.
Closed Thread