Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th December 2010, 11:14   #31
Senior - BHPian
Infractions: 0/1 (5)

I had a Miata. It was a wonderful car. Ford has nothing to do with Mazda's destiny now.
srishiva is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2010, 21:10   #32

Originally Posted by georgev View Post
Today's Mazda is just Ford in a new bottle right ? can we we call them Japanese ?
i stand corrected, heard that Mazda 3 and Focus share a lot of stuff
georgev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th December 2010, 00:59   #33
Senior - BHPian
Default Re: Mazda not ready for India yet?

Mazda and Ford have worked on co developing a lot of cars. In fact they are looking at a joint investment in opening a new plant in Mexico to cater to USA and other Markets in North/South America. Ford however is in the process of divesting from Mazda.
When I was car hunting first in the US, Mazda was definitely in my consideration. The Mazdaspeed 3, which I drove was one of the most phenomenal cars I have driven recently! But yeah some of the design elements are very wannabe. Mazda differentiates itself from other Japanese cars by being more driver oriented and I think it is true to a great extent. Even in the boring midsize segment in the US, the Mazda 6 is a stand out performer.

PS: Checkout the Shinari concept from Mazda! Nice futuristic designs.
vineethvazhayil is offline   Reply With Quote