Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th May 2010, 18:13   #1
BHPian

Default Volkswagen unveils sketch of new sedan for India

Looks like Volkswagen is getting ready with a India-spec sedan for sale. According to Volkswagen the car has been specifically designed for India and will be manufactured at the company’s plant in Chakan, Pune.

Link to the article on economictimes.com
Volkswagen unveils sketch of new sedan for India-Automobiles-Auto-News By Industry-News-The Economic Times
Attached Images

Last edited by adits : 18th May 2010 at 18:14.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 18:21   #2
BHPian

Seeing the size of this , it looks to be a competitor for the Civic , Altis category but less expensive than the current Jetta. Its too early to tell though from a pencil sketch. Just shooting in the dark.
I wonder how much time it will take to launch.
ambivalent_98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 18:30   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Seeing the size of this , it looks to be a competitor for the Civic , Altis category but less expensive than the current Jetta. Its too early to tell though from a pencil sketch. Just shooting in the dark.
I wonder how much time it will take to launch.
According to the article, it should be later this year but no specifics have been given by VW including any further specs.
adits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 18:35   #4
BHPian

This is the Vento and is already being discussed in this article:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post1892548

MODS: I guess that this thread can be merged with the other one where the Vento discussions are going on.
aryasanyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2010, 23:20   #5
BHPian

Size? As far as the scoops & media reports go, Vento is based on the Polo platform, with a slightly extended wheelbase. The press release given by VW India said they are targeting ANHC category, with this car. I cant think of this car being priced at Civic/Corolla range - that would be a pricing disaster if they do so. In fact, it must be/could be priced a touch less than ANHC, to stay competitive in its segment.
JJames is offline   Reply With Quote