Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 21st October 2005, 10:46   #1
Exclamation Colour Choice : Metalic or Solid

I have booked Silky silver VXI swift on 6th June. Dealer says you have to wait till november 2nd week for the delivery. They also offered me Black color which I don't want. Also then they offered RED or Azure Grey VXI..

Now that I like Red color but it is solid not metalic. i don't have personal cover parking but open parking..Does this really make a difference? I know in open parking solid color will fad soon but practically what should be the criteria to select the solid color?
AGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2005, 14:09   #2
Senior - BHPian

Never buy a solid coloured car (especially darkish colours) if you don't have a proper covered parking space.

Metallic paints work best for Indian conditions. Minor sratches are hidden well and they have the ability to retain their visual freshness.

Though, i don't think you should experience any colour fade as such. The newer solid paints are said to be fade proof.

While our Vtec and Innova are Metallic, the Wagon R has a solid paint and the difference is un-believable.

The Vtec looks a lot newer in comparison to the Wagon R even though the Wagon R was bought some 7 months later and has done just 14K kms compared to the Vtec's 52K kms.

If i were you, i'd rather wait, than crib about it later.

Last edited by Shan2nu : 21st October 2005 at 14:13.
Shan2nu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2005, 16:07   #3

If you personally like the silver best (since thats what you booked) and its metallic, I would suggest you wait ...Novmber 2nd week is not that far.

Dont rush into something you might regret later like Shantanu says.
Abhay is offline   Reply With Quote