Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th May 2010, 12:09   #16
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tirupathi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSaran View Post
Hi David!

My father is a retired ex-service man (IAF) and he had a bypass surgery recently. I was planning on buying him a car so that he can use it for his local travel.

Do you have any idea regarding the prices of hatchbacks in chennai? I am currently looking on the Ritz diesel for my father since it is a very safe car. Any inputs you have regarding how to proceed in buying the car thru CSD would be of great help to me!

Thanks,
Saran.
Hi Saran,
1. Your father must have an exserviceman's identitiy card issued by the Asst. Director Exservicemens welfare board Tamilnadu.
2.You must find out who is the CSD approved Maruthi dealer in Chennai. This can be done by just a phonecall to the dealer.
3. The next step is to find out the CSD price from the dealer or the CSD depot.
4. Collect the Car buying proforma from either the dealer or the station Hq. Chennai.
5.Make out a DD as per the instructions on the proforma, get the proforma countersigned by the Asst. Director Ex servicemen's welfare and submit it to the CSD depot in Fort St. George. Within an hour or two they will issue a release note to the dealer.
6. Take this note to the dealer & collect your car.
7. You must book the car before you start all this process & it should be ready for delivery with the dealer.
davidjothi is offline  
Old 28th May 2010, 20:33   #17
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 48
Thanked: 10 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by akaush View Post
Thanks Navneet,

I'll be in India next week to buy a car for my parents. My dad is currently serving in Delhi, so not sure if he wants to buy a car from Delhi / Sonipat, Haryana. I will discuss this with him.

Do you have any idea of how much time does the whole process of buy a car through CSD takes? except for the delay at the dealers... just the time for CSD process approximately.

Regards,
Ajay
The process at CSD depot should not take more than half a day each, both on the day of of booking and on the day of taking delivery. The process is quite simple and works like a well oiled machine. If the car is available off the shelf (floor??), you can get the car in one day.


Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjothi View Post
Ajay,
You have to find out the canteen rates from Delhi, Haryana, & Punjab. I think Punjab is cheapest. To buy from the Punjab canteen your father must be attached to some unit in Punjab. The procedure is very simple. You have to take a canteen purchase form from a Punjab canteen fill it up &get it signed by the canteen incharge, make out a DD to the CSD and submit it in the canteen.They will give you a release order to your dealer. The whole process took only 1 day in my case.
Punjab is no longer the cheapest. Presently, Gujarat & Tamilnadu are the cheapest followed by Haryana / Punjab and Delhi. You don't need to be posted to a unit in the state from where you are booking / taking delivery of the car. Like, a large number of my friends, who are posted to Delhi, have bought cars from Gujarat.

@Iamsaran

Ritz VDI should cost about 4.5 L +/- 5K and Ritz LDI should cost about 4.2 L +/- 5K in Chennai.

Last edited by Navneet : 28th May 2010 at 20:48. Reason: Added price of Ritz in Chennai.
Navneet is online now  
Old 28th May 2010, 20:52   #18
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

Purchasing a car from CSD involves following steps:

1. Filling up the indent form and submitting it along with ID proof and Demand Draft (some CSDs accept only nationalised banks' DD and not even cheques), and submitting it to area manager CSD.
(a) In your form, clearly mention the model and color you want.
(b) For DD amount, give a call to CSD office and check the exact payee address and amount.
(c) The address you mention in the indent form will be used for registration as well. So be careful what address is used while indent form.
(d) After paying the amount, release order will be issued for you.

Note: You can submit the form personally or depute someone else with proper authorisation. However, for delivery, the person who received the release order from CSD, must be present.

2. Present the release order to your dealer. If you had already tied up with the dealer, all he needs to do is send the car for temp registration after PDI.

3. After temp registration and washing/polishing and filling in all paperwork, take delivery. Pay attention to Note above.

Car Prices can be checked here : http://csdindia.gov.in/Customer/SearchAFDI.aspx

Here is the list of CSD depots:
Attached Files
File Type: doc DEPOT___ADDRESS_LIST.doc (102.5 KB, 3217 views)

Last edited by NutsNBolts : 28th May 2010 at 20:54.
NutsNBolts is offline  
Old 29th May 2010, 19:55   #19
BHPian
 
IamSaran's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 35
Thanked: 6 Times
Default Thanks for the info guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjothi View Post
Hi Saran,
1. Your father must have an exserviceman's identitiy card issued by the Asst. Director Exservicemens welfare board Tamilnadu.
...
7. You must book the car before you start all this process & it should be ready for delivery with the dealer.
David,
Would there be any change in the process if we are opting for a loan?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Navneet View Post
The process at CSD depot should not take more than half a day each, both on the day of of booking and on the day of taking delivery.
...
@Iamsaran

Ritz VDI should cost about 4.5 L +/- 5K and Ritz LDI should cost about 4.2 L +/- 5K in Chennai.
Thanks Navneet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsNBolts View Post
Purchasing a car from CSD involves following steps:

1. Filling up the indent form and submitting it along with ID proof and Demand Draft (some CSDs accept only nationalised banks' DD and not even cheques), and submitting it to area manager CSD.
...
Car Prices can be checked here : Canteen Stores Department-AFD-I Search

Here is the list of CSD depots:
NutsNBolts,
Some cars were missing in the link you have provided. Is that the final list or is it that other cars would also be available?
And also Thanks for the info.

Once again, thanks for the information guys. It really helps a lot!!!
IamSaran is offline  
Old 29th May 2010, 20:35   #20
BHPian
 
NutsNBolts's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Kochi
Posts: 796
Thanked: 20 Times
Default

^ Saran, looks like all Maruti products are bunched under Kolkata. It runs in five pages. So you can look for Ritz in Kolkata to get an idea of price.
NutsNBolts is offline  
Old 29th May 2010, 21:19   #21
Distinguished - BHPian
 
anjan_c2007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: India
Posts: 5,531
Thanked: 4,695 Times
Default

davidjothi a nice preview of your experiences with the CSD, Altis and the dealership. Do post some pictures and also please tell us the features/performances in/of the car that are being liked or disliked by you.
Mahindra dealers give coffee once in 3/4 hours (you are lucky if you there when its served) and lunch-thats unheard.They have dealerships in weird places out of the city. Dealers must have a canteen for snacks and food as they are usually away from civilisation these days.

Last edited by anjan_c2007 : 29th May 2010 at 21:20.
anjan_c2007 is offline  
Old 29th May 2010, 22:12   #22
BANNED
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Moga, PUNJAB
Posts: 94
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

hey, can you tell me what would be the process if one has to buy a car through loan and the defence personnel is buying the car on my behalf. Who would be the owner??

Last edited by thorpe : 29th May 2010 at 22:13.
thorpe is offline  
Old 30th May 2010, 09:54   #23
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: noida
Posts: 1,049
Thanked: 297 Times
Default

Thorpe,
It is the defence force personnel/expersonnel who is entitled to buy thru csd. The car ownership will be in his name. A lot of banks finance the cars purchased thru csd. You need to gio thru the normal process of getting a vehicle financed. However, there are a large no of DSA's who will give you doorstep service like getting the forms filled, making the payment and even taking the delivery of the vehice( they need to be provided with a letter of authorisation) .
rajneeesh is offline  
Old 31st May 2010, 18:54   #24
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tirupathi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamSaran View Post
David,
Would there be any change in the process if we are opting for a loan?



Thanks Navneet!



NutsNBolts,
Some cars were missing in the link you have provided. Is that the final list or is it that other cars would also be available?
And also Thanks for the info.

Once again, thanks for the information guys. It really helps a lot!!!
There is no change in the process. If you are taking a loan then it is better you arrange for the loan in advance since banks such as ICICI have a different channel for processing your loan called the Alternate channel. Once you have decided on the loan amount and it has been approved then the bank will issue a chek to the dealer directly. You have to issue another personal check for your margin money to the dealer. The dealer then takes out the DD in favour of the CSD and this is the DD you have to submit along with your proforma duly countersigned by the designated officer to the CSD.
davidjothi is offline  
Old 31st May 2010, 19:01   #25
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tirupathi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorpe View Post
hey, can you tell me what would be the process if one has to buy a car through loan and the defence personnel is buying the car on my behalf. Who would be the owner??
I have outlined the loan process in my reply earlier. No defence person can buy it for you snice it is ment for their personal use. The privilage given to us for serving the nation under difficut circumstances should not be misused.
davidjothi is offline  
Old 4th June 2010, 12:04   #26
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tirupathi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Let me now give a little feedback about the car. The car has now done about 700 kms. The car suits my driving style admirably. My son who is also a member of this forum says that the Civic & Linea are more fun to drive but my opinion is that it is an ideal car for a 65 year old man.(My son whose user ID is solly is a senior BHPian whereas I am a Newbie! Team BHP is a great leveler.). The suapension is very good, the handlig exemplary upto speeds of 120 which I have not exceeded sofar since I have not traveled on a suitable road.The creature comforts are very good. My wife likes it more than the Innova. The driving both on the Highway & within the city is a lark due to the Trrque spread.One does not require the sunshade since the darker colour on top of the windshield serves the purpose. Even when the sun is shining from the left it does not strike your eyes directly since they have provided a greater area of darkening behinds the rear view mirror.

On delivery of the car I let my friend drive halfway to Tirupathi and the fuel efficiency was 8.5 kms/litre. When I took the wheel it rose to 10 kms/lire by the time I reached home. When I drve the car I get 12 kms/litre easily dring at speeds of around 100 to 120 kms, which is reasonable.

I got 3M sun control film fitted at Sri Balaji Agencies, Chennai. I got the Ceramic range of films fitted since it does not interfere with your Phone & Radio reception like the Metallic films. I fitted CR 40 for the side glasses & CR 70 for the rear windscreen. The total cost Rs. 14,800 with a 5 year warranty. They did an excellent job with no air bubbles. The person to contact is Mr. Dennis Ph. No.9444331681. I am giving this Info here since I tried to share this thro the other forum on the best places for aftermarket fittings after seeing GTO’s email, but being a newbie could not post it there.
davidjothi is offline  
Old 4th June 2010, 12:38   #27
BHPian
 
shantanumishra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: BLR/GGN
Posts: 232
Thanked: 28 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidjothi View Post
Let me now give a little feedback about the car. The car has now done about 700 kms. The car suits my driving style admirably. My son who is also a member of this forum says that the Civic & Linea are more fun to drive but my opinion is that it is an ideal car for a 65 year old man.(My son whose user ID is solly is a senior BHPian whereas I am a Newbie! Team BHP is a great leveler.). The suapension is very good, the handlig exemplary upto speeds of 120 which I have not exceeded sofar since I have not traveled on a suitable road.The creature comforts are very good. My wife likes it more than the Innova. The driving both on the Highway & within the city is a lark due to the Trrque spread.One does not require the sunshade since the darker colour on top of the windshield serves the purpose. Even when the sun is shining from the left it does not strike your eyes directly since they have provided a greater area of darkening behinds the rear view mirror.

On delivery of the car I let my friend drive halfway to Tirupathi and the fuel efficiency was 8.5 kms/litre. When I took the wheel it rose to 10 kms/lire by the time I reached home. When I drve the car I get 12 kms/litre easily dring at speeds of around 100 to 120 kms, which is reasonable.

I got 3M sun control film fitted at Sri Balaji Agencies, Chennai. I got the Ceramic range of films fitted since it does not interfere with your Phone & Radio reception like the Metallic films. I fitted CR 40 for the side glasses & CR 70 for the rear windscreen. The total cost Rs. 14,800 with a 5 year warranty. They did an excellent job with no air bubbles. The person to contact is Mr. Dennis Ph. No.9444331681. I am giving this Info here since I tried to share this thro the other forum on the best places for aftermarket fittings after seeing GTO’s email, but being a newbie could not post it there.
Great to hear that you are having a good time with this beauty. I have driven it till 183 on the Delhi-Agra highway (I was fined for overspeeding after that) and can vouch for her stability, Regarding Fuel Efficiency, mine is giving approx 14 with 100% AC, so, after first service expect it to reach the same.

My 2 cents for your comfort and keeping your ride in excellent condition.

One point that I would like you to take care is the Trip Meter Reset knob present on the Instrument console, My driver had a bit of rough usage to the same and that resulted in the glass of the Instrument console having some scratches, although not loud but can be easily seen and look bad at that, please take care for that as the knob itself is not very long and is very near to the plastic glass of the console.

The door bottle holders are a bit on the hard side, would suggest you to put some cloth in the bottom and then keep the bottles, else the bottles would rattle and would result in discoloration of the biege enteriors,

Also, the rear sun-shade is a cool option to back out the heat, Note not to keep anything on the rear parcel tray when using the sun-shade as there is almost zero space left and anything that you keep would just starting messing up with the sun-shade thereby damaging it, mind you the quality of the same is top-notch and for an original replacement, Toyota would surely charge you a bomb.

Do you know that all the power windows are operatable for 30 secs even after you have switched off the ignition and removed the key, pls be cautious.

Please remember DO NOT LOCK the car with the remote if there is somebody inside, there is no other option to open the car other than the remote, the car cannot be opened from inside, the moment this is tried, the horn will honk and the doors would auto lock again, the only option to unlock is thru the remote itself. Else, you can ask the person to manually lock it from inside.

If possible get the Boot Mat for your car, it is excellent in keeping the boot carpet in top notch condition, It also helps you in arranging the luggage properly and does not use up much space, The Toyota quality is good and does a good job in keeping the dust away from the carpet.

At the end, enjoy your beauty to the fullest.
shantanumishra is online now  
Old 4th June 2010, 18:42   #28
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Tirupathi
Posts: 14
Thanked: 0 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shantanumishra View Post
Great to hear that you are having a good time with this beauty. I have driven it till 183 on the Delhi-Agra highway (I was fined for overspeeding after that) and can vouch for her stability, Regarding Fuel Efficiency, mine is giving approx 14 with 100% AC, so, after first service expect it to reach the same.

My 2 cents for your comfort and keeping your ride in excellent condition.

One point that I would like you to take care is the Trip Meter Reset knob present on the Instrument console, My driver had a bit of rough usage to the same and that resulted in the glass of the Instrument console having some scratches, although not loud but can be easily seen and look bad at that, please take care for that as the knob itself is not very long and is very near to the plastic glass of the console.

The door bottle holders are a bit on the hard side, would suggest you to put some cloth in the bottom and then keep the bottles, else the bottles would rattle and would result in discoloration of the biege enteriors,

Also, the rear sun-shade is a cool option to back out the heat, Note not to keep anything on the rear parcel tray when using the sun-shade as there is almost zero space left and anything that you keep would just starting messing up with the sun-shade thereby damaging it, mind you the quality of the same is top-notch and for an original replacement, Toyota would surely charge you a bomb.

Do you know that all the power windows are operatable for 30 secs even after you have switched off the ignition and removed the key, pls be cautious.

Please remember DO NOT LOCK the car with the remote if there is somebody inside, there is no other option to open the car other than the remote, the car cannot be opened from inside, the moment this is tried, the horn will honk and the doors would auto lock again, the only option to unlock is thru the remote itself. Else, you can ask the person to manually lock it from inside.

If possible get the Boot Mat for your car, it is excellent in keeping the boot carpet in top notch condition, It also helps you in arranging the luggage properly and does not use up much space, The Toyota quality is good and does a good job in keeping the dust away from the carpet.

At the end, enjoy your beauty to the fullest.
Thanks shantanu for your tips Iwill surely keep them in mind.
davidjothi is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Buying a car through the CSD. EDIT: Revised eligibility criteria on Page #5 dhanushmenon The Indian Car Scene 213 11th October 2017 21:20
Armed forces CSD canteen rate of vehicles? kkdelhi Indian Car Dealerships 74 8th October 2013 19:04
The journey to my new ANHC: And the CSD buying guide monkey_wrench Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 67 5th January 2011 18:53
All new Corolla coming soon EDIT: Corolla Altis now Launched extreme_torque The Indian Car Scene 295 19th September 2008 23:48


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 02:07.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks