| || ||Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|27th May 2010, 13:22||#61|
Join Date: Apr 2008
Thanked: 0 Times
Mods, why cant we add a poll to actually decide this rather than to go through the entire thread??
|27th May 2010, 15:19||#66|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: New Delhi
Thanked: 256 Times
IMO, looks rankings are the following:
3) Jazz (would have gone for the Swift but this has a novelty factor)
All the other ones are really BAD Say what you want..this is my personal opinion.
|27th May 2010, 15:22||#68|
Senior - BHPian
Join Date: Jun 2006
Thanked: 401 Times
And of course, ranking cannot be captured properly in a poll.
Last edited by clevermax : 27th May 2010 at 15:24.
|27th May 2010, 15:47||#71|
Join Date: Aug 2009
Thanked: 136 Times
2.Swift (can't resist putting it here for its sporty character even if its old)
5.Indica ( both vista and the good old one)
|27th May 2010, 16:37||#72|
Join Date: Apr 2010
Thanked: 6 Times
For me its :
1. Has to be Chevy-SRV. One of the most stylish hatches which came on to Indian roads.
3. Old Palio
Swift would have otherwise come into my list if my eyes didn't get sore everytime I spot one among the zillions moving around in blr roads. Very soon when a 3 yr old is asked to draw a car, he'll draw a Swift.
Last edited by atrisarkar : 27th May 2010 at 16:38. Reason: Incorrect quote by mistake.
|27th May 2010, 17:05||#74|
Join Date: Nov 2007
Thanked: 376 Times
I like in the following order (all opinions personal, no offence meant):
1. Fabia - Nice & sweet looking, has flair but no airs. The straight lines and the curves are in near perfect proportion. Slightly feminine, which is a good thing. (Of course that it is from Skoda puts me as far away from thinking of buying it as would a fridge to an eskimo)
2. Polo - Looks like a car of substance devoid of pretensions. A handsome and masculine but not muscular look (like Imran Khan of Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na fame). A car that knows its job and will do it for you the way you want it. Unfortunately what inside the hood and the car is a let down.
Both the above cars feel like they will age gracefully
The other cars are far lower than the above in the looks dept but in the following order:
3. i20 - looks modernistic but slightly overdone. The bonnet lines are not as clean and firm while the lines on the sides are overdone. The swoop of the head-lamps looks like forcibly extended.
4. Swift - Curvaceous in good proportions and I find surprisingly it looks better over time.
5. Punto - Surprisingly I do not like it much. I do not like the door handles (I wish they were grip) and the flare around the wheels looks like out of place. The back looks like a kid trying to scare others.
I find my opinion to be much different from that of others. Maybe it's got to do with my 40+ age.
Last edited by diffsoft : 27th May 2010 at 17:07.
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Ranking of indian cities according to cars||avishar||Shifting gears||4||3rd December 2014 16:49|
|Sedans Under Rs. 12 Lacs - A Quantitative Ranking||smartcat||The Indian Car Scene||400||22nd October 2014 13:01|
|Sensor based traffic signals (based on induction-loops) in India?||vharihar||Street Experiences||8||13th February 2014 21:46|
|The Most Dependable Car Brands - Ranking Survey in US||shenoytech||The International Automotive Scene||15||22nd March 2011 15:35|
|Small Car Ranking Guidance||Archon||The Indian Car Scene||22||1st December 2010 10:44|