Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 27th May 2010, 11:26   #31
BHPian

I would be a big fan of European cars (esp FIAT as thats the only european I can afford at the moment) and in Indian cars I would stick to TATA and seeing the way they are picking themselves up its going to be a completely different ball game after 5 yrs. I wouldnt mind the japanese as well but only as city cars.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 11:31   #32
Senior - BHPian

MSIL simply for the fact that you can't go wrong with it. And the abundant service network helps.
McLaren Rulez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 11:35   #33
Senior - BHPian

I have been quite Loyal to the Hyundai brand, having a Santro and now an Accent. Recently was looking for something more powerful, so searched for an Elantra, but never got one that was good. In time, I plan to buy the new Sonata

Honda's and Toyotas have also been another favourite, due to its superior brand value and performance
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 11:41   #34
BHPian

TATA for me.

Here goes my list of Tata cars purchased since 1999

- Tata Indica -99 (was an absolute gem of a car which was ruined by my brother)
- Tata Indigo -01 (satisfactory ownership exp, notwithstanding the fact that the engine was changed very early in its life )
- Tata Safari -TCIC -05 (greatest car purchased by me...I did a thumping 3 lac kms in it )

- Tata Safari -2.2 VTT -08 - Currently my favourite car in the world
rrsteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 12:08   #35
BHPian

After owning Fiat, Maruti Suzuki, Honda, Toyota, Tata & Skoda vehicles I will say I am loyal to none.

But Maruti Suzuki will always be my least preferred choice.
amoghchaphalkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 12:16   #36
Senior - BHPian

Well, Its Mitsubishi all the way. Fell in love with Galant back in 1991. drove it for 3 years. Maxed it few times to 210 kmph on Kuwait-Saudi freeway. Absolutely exciting experience. Since then and until now, no other car maker could impress me to become 'loyal to'. Though loved Toyota's reliability and cheap parts when I was in Saudi.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 12:27   #37
Senior - BHPian

why not add a poll here ?

I think Brand Loyalty plays a lot more role which Maruti is able to encash on.

Other brands in India other than GM (which managed as people wanted to get rid of older cars) havent been yet able to crack it more.

I dont yet have any Toyota vehicle, however have influenced decisions in favor of Altis for my friends. I would have bought Fortuner (if available with AT), however will have to now stick with Scorpio AT.

So Brand loyalty is applicable to a certain extent but non availability of products from the same brand as per customers requirement may prompt him to shift to other products from other manufacturers.
tanwaramit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 12:41   #38
BHPian

No brand loyalty for me. Whats the need? No one is gonna give you a free car or better service just because you are loyal to them. I think a lot of posters here are kind of confused with loyalty to a brand, meaning will buy the same brand again and being a fan of a particular brand.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 12:41   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

Honda= Cars/Motorcycles(can't think of anyother brand)
MS=India and its conditions
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 13:07   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanwaramit View Post
why not add a poll here ?

I think Brand Loyalty plays a lot more role which Maruti is able to encash on.

Other brands in India other than GM (which managed as people wanted to get rid of older cars) havent been yet able to crack it more.

I dont yet have any Toyota vehicle, however have influenced decisions in favor of Altis for my friends. I would have bought Fortuner (if available with AT), however will have to now stick with Scorpio AT.

So Brand loyalty is applicable to a certain extent but non availability of products from the same brand as per customers requirement may prompt him to shift to other products from other manufacturers.
Created a new thread. Do vote! And do give requisite feedback if any brand has been left out.

My Mahindra goes right on top
Finject is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 13:08   #41
Senior - BHPian

So, the poll list doesn't have my brand in it, so I quit? That shows Mitsubishi isn't even qualified for poll of Brand Loyalty in India! But, Ford is missing too.

Last edited by RajaTaurus : 27th May 2010 at 13:09.
RajaTaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 13:13   #42
BHPian

Please add Ford to the list.
rajushank84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 13:20   #43

Talking

though currently suffering from a very poor image in india. I've always wanted a fiat. Back in the day my dad's first car was a Fiat 1100... and trust me it was great and good enough to outdo a slurry of cars on the road..solidly built too.That aside i had to buy a maruti waggy for college because of maintenance issues

But from now on it's gonna be fiat all the way once i complete my med school.
ankitaggarwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 13:28   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by McLaren Rulez View Post
MSIL simply for the fact that you can't go wrong with it. And the abundant service network helps.
Completely Agree with You. First preference will always be Maruti-Suzuki for me or anyone in the family . Never been let down by their products or service .
mnhegde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th May 2010, 13:28   #45
BHPian

I have had two Marutis, an Alto which then made way to the Swift. Another one is a Spark. While with Maruti, you do get peace of mind and great reliability but the main reason for buying the Swift was because it is a great car at a great price. Had the Swift come from any other manufacturer, I would have still got it. Its got more to do with the car than the brand although *** does play its part as well.

Ultimately it is difficult and as long as Maruti make great cars that really stand up to the competition, they will have many fans but for me, I appreciate all good cars and so will take to any brand.
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote