Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 3rd June 2010, 10:31   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manishverma0675 View Post
1600 for alignment is unheard of.You were taken for a ride by your service centre.300 is what is the maximum you pay.
did you check the standard Hyundai rates for this job?I feel that this is not Hyundai's rate.
Yes i knew when he quoted that amount was way higher than normal charges, the situation was very much chaotic for me had to leave my vehicle there and make it for meeting at clients place with my boss, so not checking the rates in hurry was my big mistake but as mentioned earlier i had to leave for Pune next day and could not take any chances. With kind of explanation that service advisor gave for that exorbitant amount, i really felt like bashing him then and there.

Lessons learnt from this mistake and not repeated till date
driving_smartly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:31   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
I too did find hyundai service more expensive compared to the other brands of cars I've owned, recently I got the accent serviced at 25k kms, I provided the engine oil for replacement and had categorically told them not to add any extras (bardhal engine flush, bardahl engine additive etc) and not to perform any alignment and balancing, the bill came to about 4500/- just for a plain service without any replacement of parts or complaints.
Rs 4500 for a routine service !!!

That too with no replacement or alignment.

Which car is this ? Did he give you a breakup of the charges ?

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 11:43   #18
BHPian

I had to shell out 1000rs more for my Santro paid service yesterday, the prices of labor has been increased and also learned prices of few parts were also increased just a month back. As Karnataka VAT was increased it also added sugar to the bill.
CRV2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:18   #19
Senior - BHPian

WA/WB used to cost me around 150 in Gurgaon. Not sure about bangalore

But 1600, did they use one or two silver weights or what
thedreamcatcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd June 2010, 12:54   #20
BHPian

Nearly 2 years ago; while driving my car one day I saw the oil lamp glowing. I was really surprised as in years of ownership of the car I never saw it lit. I immediately checked the oil level and found it pretty low. I checked the car's exhaust and there was smoke. Then I inspected underneath the car and found oil stains there. I immediately went to NOIDA sector 16 market and purchased Castrol Magnatec for top-up. The car consumed around 2 litres of engine oil. Later when I parked my car and visited it again after some hours I found oil droplets below.

I took my car to Hyundai A.S.S in NOIDA and showed it to them. They called their engine and transmission supervisor and he peeked below to see the oil stains. He told me that he need to open the gearbox. It struck me because engine oil is different than transimssion oil and he also suggested me that now when they are opening the gearbox, I should also get the clutch changed as the car has already covered close to 75K kms. But I had no clutch issue.

I patiently listened to him and then took my car to NOIDA 16 car market and got it serviced for Rs.150 (washing Rs.150 extra). The culprit was loose oil nut with worn washer! Since then I stopped visiting Hyundai A.S.S and carry out all my repairs / services outside only. My car has now covered 1,11,000+ KMS on original clutch and it is still going strong.

The trick here is to find the right mechanic who is knowledgable. I must say there that some of the small rubber and plastic parts of Santro are still not readily available outside even after so many years of localization!
ms_rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 12:39   #21
Senior - BHPian

Attaching the Hyundai Labour Charges - Mechanical Jobs
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hyundai- Labour Charges.pdf (2.24 MB, 931 views)
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 12:56   #22
BHPian

The wildon, thanks for the pdf. Do you also have the price list for Hyundai i10/i20 OE accessories? I had earlier posted requesting the same in the accessories sub-forum in Tbhp, but the MODs had deleted.

It would be great if you can upload the latest price list for this.

Last edited by MutantX : 15th August 2010 at 12:58.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 13:51   #23
BHPian

Well this is hardly good news. As it is on every bill the tax amount itself comes up to 1000 odd rs and this too after picking up engine oil from outside.

Any chance they will have one of their discounted car services camps over the next month or so?
pras.oct25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 14:10   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildon View Post
Attaching the Hyundai Labour Charges - Mechanical Jobs
Actually Hyundai's rate varies from city to city, and AFAIK Kolkata falls in tier II city and the rates are lower.
If I get a chance I shall post the labor charges sheet for tier II cities.
blackasta is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 16:17   #25
Senior - BHPian

Here is the Genuine Accessories Price List and some other accessories price list
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Hyundai Accessories.pdf (2.39 MB, 2755 views)
File Type: pdf Hyudai Accessoriest.pdf (2.57 MB, 2982 views)
wildon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th August 2010, 16:25   #26
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 27th August 2010 at 16:53.
MutantX is offline   Reply With Quote Received Infraction
Old 16th August 2010, 08:58   #27
Senior - BHPian

Periodic servicing charges still look pretty much ok to me, considering the Santro goes for servicing afte 10K. That should probably be once or twice a year at most for most of the owners.

1600 for wheel alignment is a first, though. And to read that you gave it only for wheel alignment was incredible.

I have started getting the odd jobs on my Santro done from a local workshop recently (the reason being the Hyundai A.S.S. is quite far and I have to pay toll too). Here's what I have paid so far in labour:

1. Oil change: The oil / filter itself cost me approx Rs. 1200 and the labour charge was Rs. 40/-. This was a synthetic version, so the price would be higher.

2. Brakes: I had all the four wheels inspected for brake wear. The mechanic concluded the brakes would last another 5-7K kms and no replacement was necessary at the moment. Charges: free.

3. Foglamps: I have fitted aftermarket foglamps to my Santro Xing (the round ones). The foglamps cost me Rs. 450/- with free fitting where the service centre had quoted a price to the tune of Rs. 3000 and labour extra. One of the lamps was not lighting up and I got it checked. The bulb had conked off. It was replaced. The whole job cost me Rs. 100/- which seemed a bit on the upper side, but as the procedure to remove the foglamp for inspection and then to refit it is pretty laborious, I paid.

4. Air Filter: The filter cost me Rs. 180/-, fitting was done free. I watched the process (wasn't much of a process though), so the next time I can replace the air filter of my car myself.

5. Washing: A body wash at the local servicing centre (car wash place) cost Rs. 120/- This included interior cleaning by a pressured air jet and body wash with shampoo. No underbody cleaning though. A more thorough job including underbody washing as well as engine compartment would cost around Rs. 250/-

6. Tyre rotation and alignment: I get the tyres rotated at the time of alignment, so that is done free of charge. The alignment costs approx Rs. 300/-

7. Door lock cylinder: One cylinder had to be replaced, cost Rs. 60/- odd, and the others were oiled (free). The driver side door winder was also oiled free. I suspect the door beading is due for replacement as another mechanic told me, but the replacement should again cost less than Rs. 100/- in labour.

All these jobs are routine and can be done outside the A.S.S. without worrying about the quality of the job. Also since my car is 7 years old and way out of its warranty, I don't have anything to risk. Plus the pleasure of watching the job being done (sometimes in pouring rains).
honeybee is offline   Reply With Quote