Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th December 2011, 18:58   #466
Team-BHP Support

Default re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Today was speaking to Mahindra sales guy.
He said the launch is on Jan 7th.

I checked here I was not sure if this is an already shared info.
Hence thought to post.

May be they may do a news item for flash and then follow it up with a detailed release in the Auto -Expo
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th December 2011, 20:43   #467
BANNED

Default Re: Xylo Facelift Caught Testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRV2010 View Post
Just caught Xylo facelift testing in Bangalore

Attachment 856566
See the pic showing its Left side-Rear section, Its brilliantly executed with Wrap-around glass effect like XUV 500.
Despite of cluttery & tiny 3-cylinder, 1.5 l engine, this car boasts a brilliant package for Entry segment upgraders.
Can't wait till its launch.
Old 17th December 2011, 14:47   #468
PPS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Today was speaking to Mahindra sales guy.
He said the launch is on Jan 7th.
Just saw the Autocar show where Hormazd Sorabjee mentioned that the Mini Xylo wont be showcased at the Auto Expo. I find it quite stupid since the reason given is that Mahindra dont want the Xylo & XUV to be overshadowed by it!
So probably the official launch would be after the Expo.
PPS is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th December 2011, 20:02   #469
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PPS View Post
Just saw the Autocar show where Hormazd Sorabjee mentioned that the Mini Xylo wont be showcased at the Auto Expo. I find it quite stupid since the reason given is that Mahindra dont want the Xylo & XUV to be overshadowed by it!
Probably they are betting BIG on the Xylo face-lift. What M&M feels is quite true - Mini Xylo will definitely take the lime light away from other M&M products. Though XUV needs less fame, Xylo face-lift should be worried. Let's hope M&M brings in quite a punch with the new Xylo, so much that Innova is forced to sport a better kit.
Old 18th December 2011, 20:45   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Probably they are betting BIG on the Xylo face-lift. What M&M feels is quite true - Mini Xylo will definitely take the lime light away from other M&M products. Though XUV needs less fame, Xylo face-lift should be worried. Let's hope M&M brings in quite a punch with the new Xylo, so much that Innova is forced to sport a better kit.
The logic that the mini Xylo overshadows all other vehicles is not quite robust.

XUV is already overbooked. One doesnt see any ads in the newsprint. Which means they are least concerned, at this stage, about the visibility/publicity.

By the way, how many of the buyers go to the auto expo?
Old 18th December 2011, 22:14   #471
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
By the way, how many of the buyers go to the auto expo?
Don't media cover the event?? Especially with all the news & speculations, I am sure mini Xylo is going to be a HOT topic. And I seriously expect killer pricing for this since M&M tasted success with XUV price. Imagine news channels, automotive blogs etc giving more attention to such a vehicle which could be a game changer - A micro SUV [by size standards] with a good diesel heart and a very affordable & sensible price [assuming so] which is HIGH on practicality in the Indian market scenario! What else do people look for??
Old 20th December 2011, 12:24   #472
BHPian

Removed content. It seems TBHP is not allowing to post link of some other forums.

Last edited by zalaps : 20th December 2011 at 12:28.
Old 20th December 2011, 12:26   #473
Senior - BHPian

If its a photoshop, its a good one! But yeh, straight lift of the fabia front end and replaced the logo i guess. Doesn't look like the real deal does it?
Old 20th December 2011, 12:34   #474
BHPian

^^^ Hormazd mentioned Mahindra does not want mini Xylo to be lost in the melee off launches happening at the auto show. They are planning a bigger launch soon after the Auto expo
Old 20th December 2011, 12:41   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by needforspeed88 View Post
^^^ Hormazd mentioned Mahindra does not want mini Xylo to be lost in the melee off launches happening at the auto show. They are planning a bigger launch soon after the Auto expo
Hmm. Agreed. I think many manufacturers are thinking on same lines. Nobody wants divided media interest on their launch. I think AutoExpo will be used to showcast concepts only. Definition of concept can be anything.

OT: Maruti is also planing in similiar lines for Ertiga. I think they will display it just as production ready CONCEPT model.

Last edited by zalaps : 20th December 2011 at 12:48. Reason: Spell Check
Old 21st December 2011, 14:12   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Don't media cover the event?? Especially with all the news & speculations, I am sure mini Xylo is going to be a HOT topic. And I seriously expect killer pricing for this since M&M tasted success with XUV price. Imagine news channels, automotive blogs etc giving more attention to such a vehicle which could be a game changer - A micro SUV [by size standards] with a good diesel heart and a very affordable & sensible price [assuming so] which is HIGH on practicality in the Indian market scenario! What else do people look for??
That exactly is the point. Exposure to media is not at all a problem these days.
So, the reasoning that the mini Xylo may dominate the XUV is not tight. Conversely, the mini Xylo gets the required exposure.
Old 21st December 2011, 14:28   #477
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyself View Post
That exactly is the point. Exposure to media is not at all a problem these days.
So, the reasoning that the mini Xylo may dominate the XUV is not tight. Conversely, the mini Xylo gets the required exposure.
There is a mix up! This topic started when we were discussing M&M's plan to NOT showcase the mini-Xylo in Auto Expo. What I said was this plan was done because M&M didn't want to take away the lime light from face-lifted Xylo. As you said if mini-Xylo was launched in Expo, it would definitely be a hot topic and regular Xylo face-lift will lose importance [XUV doesn't need the focus as well].

What I hear now is that, M&M doesn't want the mini-Xylo to be lost among the huge number of launches / cars in Auto Expo; so they have decided to launch it in a totally different event, like the XUV 500 launch. Shows how much do they bet on it! Should be a lovely package.
Old 21st December 2011, 14:36   #478
Senior - BHPian

Too high + smaller wheelbase will be a disaster when it comes to handling and stability. Worried!
Old 21st December 2011, 14:38   #479
BHPian

Quote:
What I hear now is that, M&M doesn't want the mini-Xylo to be lost among the huge number of launches / cars in Auto Expo; so they have decided to launch it in a totally different event, like the XUV 500 launch. Shows how much do they bet on it! Should be a lovely package.
This is valid reasoning. Actually, if Auto Expo is the only event where one would get maximum media, that is a fallacy. There is bound to be a lot of cacophony.
Old 21st December 2011, 17:53   #480
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Mahindra Xylo facelift spotted!

A pic of the new facelifted Xylo's rear and revised tail lamp.
Source
Attached Images

Closed Thread