Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 16th July 2010, 13:48   #106
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Isnt the front of a xylo just too broad to be a hatchback one.

I guess it would also require some kind of tweaking on the width of the car to make it look like a pleasant vehicle. I might be wrong, but if they are not going to make any change to the width I can envisage only an almost square vehicle if the D pillar is removed.
Old 16th July 2010, 13:56   #107
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amtak View Post
OT: I read that Premier has sold 200 units. Didn't they have 2,000 bookings?
OT: It might also be because Rio is still a BSIII engine?

The mini Xylo has the potential to be a killer, pricing is what matters in this category.
Old 16th July 2010, 14:37   #108
Senior - BHPian

The mini xylo will do well only if it actually LOOKS like a subcompact compact suv.Its no use if Mahindra decides to launch a cut paste car that looks like a hatchback with a big nose.The hatchback market is quite crowded,Mahindra wont be able to distinguish itself.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:50   #109
BANNED

surprisingly no one else has caught this mini xylo testing after the initial leak by ACI. Has anyone been lucky to spot it again?
Old 1st September 2010, 15:45   #110

Default Xylo 5-seater scoop pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by fx45 View Post
surprisingly no one else has caught this mini xylo testing after the initial leak by ACI. Has anyone been lucky to spot it again?
New pics of the mini Xylo are posted on Motoroids:

Scoop! 2011 Mahindra 5 Seater Xylo mini-SUV / MUV interiors, new spy shots, price and launch details
Old 1st September 2010, 16:07   #111
Senior - BHPian

M&M was supposed to launch a mini SUV (sub 4 mts.) which I was really excited about. This is an untapped market in India (Premeir Rio is a poor attempt) and something that holds a lot of potential. I sincerely hope this is not what they meant. Of course the Xylo is an excellent car and a shorter version for excise benefits is a really clever move, but while it looks ok as an MUV, I am not sure about the profile of the shortened version. Wait and watch I guess.
Old 28th December 2010, 10:15   #112
BHPian

Default re: Mahindra Testing sub-4 meter XYLO. EDIT : Fresh PICS on Page 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Isnt the front of a xylo just too broad to be a hatchback one.
I guess it would also require some kind of tweaking on the width of the car to make it look like a pleasant vehicle. I might be wrong, but if they are not going to make any change to the width I can envisage only an almost square vehicle if the D pillar is removed.
The width gives it stability during cornering. It also means more space on the rear bench (enough for 4 medium sized persons right now). If they have to reduce width then hight will also have to be reduced which will mean too many changes to be economical in the short term.

Can anybody tell whether Mini Xylo is going to be a front wheel drive or rear wheel drive vehicle?
(current Xylo is rear wheel drive vehicle). This is imprtant for me as I want to purchase front wheel drive vehicle and if it (Mini Xylo) is going to be rear wheel drive one then I will not wait any further.
Please!
Old 28th December 2010, 10:51   #113
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Can anybody tell whether Mini Xylo is going to be a front wheel drive or rear wheel drive vehicle?
(current Xylo is rear wheel drive vehicle). This is imprtant for me as I want to purchase front wheel drive vehicle and if it (Mini Xylo) is going to be rear wheel drive one then I will not wait any further.
Please!
I guess apart from the Logan, they do not manufacture any FWD vehicles, and if they do want to make sure the economies of scale work out, it will be a RWD. Any reason why you are particular about a FWD vehicle ?
Old 28th December 2010, 11:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Rear wheel drive, confirmed!

Spike
Old 28th December 2010, 11:13   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
Any reason why you are particular about a FWD vehicle ?
Thanks indivic & spike arrestor. I understand that FWD vehicle have better traction on slippery conditions and I wish to travel far and wide in the hills (Uttarakhand, Himachal, J&K) and expect to encounter snowy roads, slush & what not! Oh. Am I dreaming

Last edited by ajay0612 : 28th December 2010 at 11:26.
Old 28th December 2010, 14:50   #116
BHPian

Quote:
I understand that FWD vehicle have better traction on slippery conditions and I wish to travel far and wide in the hills (Uttarakhand, Himachal, J&K) and expect to encounter snowy roads, slush & what not! Oh. Am I dreaming
Sorry, I cannot help you there, I live in Chennai and my only experience of RWD has been on a Contessa when learning to drive (so could not appreciate it at all)

However, my Indica is useless in slushy (rained out road of mud near my office) conditions and I even managed to get its tail out a few times in the slush if I revved it .
Old 11th January 2011, 13:04   #117

any updates on when is this car expected to launch ?
Old 11th January 2011, 15:32   #118
BHPian

Near the end of Second Quarter (expected in June-July 2011). Certainly not in this FY (info gathered from Mahindra Officials).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohitjindal.in View Post
any updates on when is this car expected to launch ?

Last edited by ajay0612 : 11th January 2011 at 15:34.
Old 11th January 2011, 22:38   #119
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Near the end of Second Quarter (expected in June-July 2011). Certainly not in this FY (info gathered from Mahindra Officials).
Did you mean to say June-July 2012?

Quote:
Thanks indivic & spike arrestor. I understand that FWD vehicle have better traction on slippery conditions and I wish to travel far and wide in the hills (Uttarakhand, Himachal, J&K) and expect to encounter snowy roads, slush & what not! Oh. Am I dreaming
I thought RWD cars have better traction and hence they are better driver's car ! And I guess one of the big reasons why BMW 3 series score over Audi A4 ? Can someone clarify ?

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 11th January 2011 at 22:40.
Old 12th January 2011, 09:50   #120
BHPian

[quote=swiftnfurious;2206254]Did you mean to say June-July 2012?

No. This FY ends on March 31.2011. We can expect it's launch near the middle of 2011.
Closed Thread