Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th November 2005, 16:45   #76
Senior - BHPian

Hi,

Read in a Magzine that Fiesta will not cost more then 7.5 lacs
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 19:45   #77
Senior - BHPian

Abhishek Bachchan is going to endorse the Ford Fiesta.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 19:59   #78
Senior - BHPian

One question that begs an answer - is this really a "NEW" car as Ford have gone out on a limb claiming??? As far as I can see, its just the Latina Fiesta Sedan with Mondeo lights and tails, but then the Ford India president has even talked about this being something NO manufacturer has ever done in India. We need to go behind the hype to see if this is really true - from what I understand Ford India have revised the rear parcel tray and some of the interiors, but that hardly calls for this being termed 'brand new' - as far as I can see, the engine specs are those that have been available on the Latin Fiesta for about 2-3 years now and the floorpan is the same.

So what exactly is NEW??? Lets start a list:

1. Mondeo Headlamps

2. Mondeo Tails

3. Rear Parcel Tray with cubbyhole

4. Wheels (???)

and so on...
Steeroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th November 2005, 20:23   #79
Senior - BHPian

at least ford is being more honest in the "new" concept than than others: forget the fact that fiesta exists elsewhere; at least the car is new here, and the basic stuff has been reworked, like the seat design, suspension, etc. also, the engine has been retuned too, if the auto mags (especially ACI) are to be believed...

it's refreshing to see ford using the word "all new" for their fiesta, especially after seeing the "all new" toyota corolla...
veyron1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 01:03   #80
BHPian

Ok, I have not read the whole 6-page thread, so kindly excuse if you guys know this.

The Fiesta is going to be at priced 6 L for the bottom version. Now I don't know whether it is OTR or Ex-S. Also, it is going to sponsor the man of the series in the India vs SA cricket series. So the winner will get a Fiesta!

M
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 11:36   #81
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi
Ok, I have not read the whole 6-page thread, so kindly excuse if you guys know this.

The Fiesta is going to be at priced 6 L for the bottom version. Now I don't know whether it is OTR or Ex-S. Also, it is going to sponsor the man of the series in the India vs SA cricket series. So the winner will get a Fiesta!

M
6L on road would be cheaper than Ikon 1.6 Exi without considering the discounts offered. Anyone has idea on what would be specs?

http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/2...290021l4am.jpg
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 19:50   #82

I can't figure out why another 1.6 petro when they already have the IKON in this segment. Why not a 1.8?
Nachu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 20:18   #83
Senior - BHPian

Saw the car on the road today. The tyres are really thin, even thinner than Swift Zxi for sure! It looks a better version of the Ikon and nothing more. Personally it has less road presence when compared to Accent. However I was impressed by the Interiors. Is the diesel version not being launched along with Petrol?
aseem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2005, 21:07   #84
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nachu
I can't figure out why another 1.6 petro when they already have the IKON in this segment. Why not a 1.8?
i guess they may be phasing out the josh machine
streetlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 11:15   #85
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetlife
i guess they may be phasing out the josh machine
They had phased out the Ikon 1.6 both Exi and Zxi. All the stocks with dealer in Chennai had almost sold out.
Surprise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 14:43   #86
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surprise
They had phased out the Ikon 1.6 both Exi and Zxi. All the stocks with dealer in Chennai had almost sold out.

Dude that means ikon is with only 1.3L version ? what abt 1.6L rocam ? is it R.I.P
Ford Rocam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 15:59   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
The tyres are really thin, even thinner than Swift Zxi for sure!
Mileage mangta hai!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aseem
It looks a better version of the Ikon and nothing more. Personally it has less road presence when compared to Accent.
Quite disappointing...we were expecting something that looked really good. Most of the pics that Ford floated out were also taken from a particular angle, which was probably the most flattering.

Maybe the Ikon's being replaced, after all.
Old 11th November 2005, 16:01   #88
Team-BHP Support

I guess 100bhp duratec engine is a better option?
tsk1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 16:06   #89
BHPian

Question Autocar and Fiesta

Whilst the whole of T-Bhp is not very happy, Autocar India has given the upcoming fiesta a good(read fantastic) review apart from the tyres.

I look forward to our members take on that?
islandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th November 2005, 16:14   #90
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by islandman
Whilst the whole of T-Bhp is not very happy, Autocar India has given the upcoming fiesta a good(read fantastic) review apart from the tyres.

I look forward to our members take on that?
The purpose of a forum such as TBHP is to encourage independent opinions or reviews that are not dependent on advertising revenue. You're more likely to get different takes on the same product here which are usually honest, though there may be the odd occasion where an owner is completely bessoted with his ride or its brand and wont entertain any negative opinion. This is then balanced by other members.