Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th June 2010, 12:20   #91
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattroa4 View Post
dear friend , money doesnt guarantee you the taste!
look around you , people have huge amounts of money but does they have a taste ? the answer is 90% doesnt . what you are talking about is , have money will buy approch and yes people have that in abandance . there are few people who understand their needs and buy accordingly rest just buy because they are expensive and has a reputation jjust for something they did in the past and ferrari is a perfect example of that , please take a note of that!
My friend, have you heard of Ferrari FXX? Do you know how many cars were built & what the owners get to do with the cars?

Its disappointing to see this kind of comments about a brand which is all about 'Passion'!
anachronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 12:23   #92
BHPian

Quote:
dear friend , money doesnt guarantee you the taste!
look around you , people have huge amounts of money but does they have a taste ? the answer is 90% doesnt . what you are talking about is , have money will buy approch and yes people have that in abandance . there are few people who understand their needs and buy accordingly rest just buy because they are expensive and has a reputation jjust for something they did in the past and ferrari is a perfect example of that , please take a note of that!
What makes you think they have no taste? Because their taste is different to yours?
Minardi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 12:52   #93
BHPian

Default Just to make it interesting

Just to make it interesting, here are the types of car owners I have seen

1- The Novice. A very nice guy who doesn't even know where the spare tyre and jack is. He bought the car because his uncle, neighbor or boss said this is the car to buy. He essentially drives it only when all other modes of transport is not available.

How to spot one. He takes it to highway once in a bluemoon and comes back to make comments such as "My car is too good on highway- even at 40Kph it is rock solid"

2- The Pacifist. Guy with reasonable knowledge. Bought a car that fits him. Though a member, he is rarely seen on car-war threads.

How to spot one. When asked, he would give real stats about his car, be it Fuel economy, maintenance cost or what not. Strictly never bad-mouths another car. A very good source to use if you are looking for information about a particular car

3- The Passionate. Guy with good knowledge. He would be driving a car he loves to the end of the world (till he finds another).

How to spot one. Very active on the forum. Telling everyone else to buy his Brand of car, which is the best according to him. Take his numbers and analysis with a pinch of salt!

4- Once Blind lover- now a Dev D. A guy who bought a car out of pure love. Since love is blind, he didn't do the cold maths. Now feeling that he has been short-charged.

How to spot one. Very easy. Eternally active on the forum. Looking for opportunities to blast other car brands. Watch the guys who blame every other car in the world. Or, watch the people who keep wondering why everyone else love their cars.

Feel free to add your versions

Last edited by WhiteKnight : 8th June 2010 at 12:55.
WhiteKnight is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:05   #94
Senior - BHPian

@ Whiteknight - Goodone!
kiku007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:24   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifeonwheels View Post
This makes up the joke of the day, the week infact

You have judged that 90% of the rich do not have taste so who do you think we should trust when it comes to taste? should he be Quattroa4?

When you say that people buy Ferrari just because they are expensive I would advise you to use the internet and read reviews of ferrari cars in comparison to their competition across the world and that my friend should be enough to clear the clouds of doubts and let knowledge and wisdom shine at its best.

FYI Ferrari's have made more number of successful, dominating and capable cars than any other manufacturer in the world for street use. Porsche is the only other manufacturer which can stand parallel to ferrari in terms of track capability IMO.
nice one !
should he be quattroa4? if it is , then i like that also .
point is we are not living in a age of 250 GTO, 288 GTO , F40 or the mesmerising F355 , in those times your passion for ferrari is justifiable and rigthly so . what is FERRARI ? a supercar maker or a hyundai compititor ? if supercars are the business then they have to evoke emotions , for me thats not the case for now , later i dont know .
you are really having a UNNECCESARY AND UNEXPLAINABLE PASSION FOR A CAR BRAND and thus rightly so you are on this thread.
quattroa4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 13:45   #96
BHPian

Quote:
nice one !
should he be quattroa4? if it is , then i like that also .
point is we are not living in a age of 250 GTO, 288 GTO , F40 or the mesmerising F355 , in those times your passion for ferrari is justifiable and rigthly so . what is FERRARI ? a supercar maker or a hyundai compititor ? if supercars are the business then they have to evoke emotions , for me thats not the case for now , later i dont know .
you are really having a UNNECCESARY AND UNEXPLAINABLE PASSION FOR A CAR BRAND and thus rightly so you are on this thread.
The reply dint make much sense to me but coming to the point you made.

Ferrari is a super and hyper car maker. To compete with Hyundai they have Fiat dont they.

All Ferraris(except the 348 and Testarossa) generates emotions in a petrol head more than any other(car or brand). Even if it doesnt, one test drive will do it.

Passion can be unexplained but if it is unnecessary, what is the difference between a man and an android.

In a world where we drive generic cars, the only consoling factor is to see a sports car(or if lucky, a Ferrari) and think there are other cars worth driving in this world.
Grafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 14:34   #97
Senior - BHPian

When i bought my car almost 90% said not to buy it. But still i did and never ever regretted my decision. Its a amazing to drive and fit my requirement perfectly.

But does that mean i go around suggesting Fiat to everyone, hell no. When one of my friend wanted to buy Palio 1.6 stile some 1 year back after driving my car, i tried to convince him otherwise many times because the service issues and everything. but he did buy the car, and hes also happy with it.

I don't thing there is any car which is perfect for everyone. Thats why there are so many model in the market to give us choices. Fiat is maybe good for me but i never suggest others this brand, because the obvious problems. i guess 90% people are biased against the brands, and thats not wrong everyone has their opinions and views. The company makes the car closest to that is the best for him. But suggesting any model blindly to anyone is wrong.
Rahulkool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 15:56   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
My friend, have you heard of Ferrari FXX? Do you know how many cars were built & what the owners get to do with the cars?

Its disappointing to see this kind of comments about a brand which is all about 'Passion'!
another tifosi !!! i do understand that your feelings are getting hurt , but the point you are making about the FXX is ununderstandable.
what do you want to say, that there is such a limited nos and look whom they give to and how they do it on track , you expect me say , look maa, how grate they are ? sorry , i am not the one . a lamborghini is a better product and i stand by it .
and what passion , passion ? other people or brands are passionless or what ? FERRARI used to be the greatest one , but now their designs dont do the justice to their products and hence not a all round products !
Old 8th June 2010, 16:01   #99
BHPian

Its great that people are fighting over supercar brands, it takes some of the heat off me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacman2881 View Post
The intent of the thread is good but the way it has been put in the first post would evoke unnecessary response. There can be logical counter arguments for each of the replies from Rohan even if it were read with some humor as the replies themselves have lot of judgements and conclusions on what is required and what is not.
I tried to open the thread in a humorous tone, but somehow my humourous tone was misinterpreted as condemning by some members.

Your counter arguements are welcome, it would make the discussion interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteKnight View Post
Just to make it interesting, here are the types of car owners I have seen
1- The Novice.
2- The Pacifist.
3- The Passionate.
4- Once Blind lover- now a Dev D.
I think we should request the mods to add a "member type" which would be displayed next to their avatar, so that we can know how much salt to add to the member's advice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulkool View Post
When i bought my car almost 90% said not to buy it. But still i did and never ever regretted my decision. Its a amazing to drive and fit my requirement perfectly.

But does that mean i go around suggesting Fiat to everyone, hell no. When one of my friend wanted to buy Palio 1.6 stile some 1 year back after driving my car, i tried to convince him otherwise many times because the service issues and everything. but he did buy the car, and hes also happy with it.

The company makes the car closest to that is the best for him. But suggesting any model blindly to anyone is wrong.
We need more people like you on this forum.

Rohan
rohan_iitr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 16:15   #100
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

The i10 to me looks like an egg. How many people can show passion for a egg?

PS:
Spitfire is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 16:20   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

Well love is blind and passion unexplainable

I rather like the way it looks, maybe 'coz I own one and am unexplicably passionate about the car I drive...
adisag is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 16:38   #102
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adisag View Post
I rather like the way it looks, maybe 'coz I own one and am unexplicably passionate about the car I drive...
Mr rohan_iitr, you have an answer.

@adisag
Spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 16:39   #103
Senior - BHPian

wow what an intelligent thread...super.

You guys continue discussing am off from here.

cheers,
ac
ac 427 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 17:16   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spitfire View Post

PS:
I like mine boiled or sunny side up!
Grafin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 17:18   #105
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minardi View Post
What makes you think they have no taste? Because their taste is different to yours?
why so serious ?
i have seen people owing an RS and its a driver driven all the way , politicos just buying Q7's just because some celebrities bought so and thus every other star buyes irrespective of their needs , are they passionate or just a follower mentality ?
not everybody is rational while purchasing , thats why i said money doesnt gurantee you taste . its nothing about yours or mine tastes .the thread titles itself narrate the same thing !