Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

View Poll Results: Selling your car - How do you feel?
It's an nightmare! I almost feel guilty of letting it go. 38 56.72%
It's the sensible decision to do. No second thoughts or guilt. 19 28.36%
Neither 9 13.43%
Thank God ! Good Riddance 1 1.49%
Voters: 67. You may not vote on this poll

Old 8th June 2010, 09:56   #31

We had let go of our second hand Premier Padmini, sold it off for 12k in 2000 after using it for 4 years. It was the car I learnt driving in and it taught me about car maintainance - changing tyres, battery, filing up the radiator, fixing headlights et al in it. Cannot forget the way we used to start once the battery went down, my dad used to push and I would go downhill from our house and start it by leaving the clutch like a scooter

We had to let go off it coz of a another spanking second hand 800 , when the buyer was driving it off in reverse from our house, I felt the headlights were pointing down kinda like eyes being half shut. It was the first time I saw the car from that angle as I was the one always driving it. It was as if the car was pleading not to let go of it. Crazy imagination, huh?
ntneo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2010, 10:38   #32
Senior - BHPian

For me selling the old car is for buying the better (preferably) bigger car, keeping in mind the limited parking space that our family has got. But, yes, it would be difficult to convince my parents... they are emotionally attached to things.

Probably my attitude towards my old car is because of my age & the fact that cars are available freely now-a-days, as compared to 20-30 years ago. Further, the money I earn is far more than my father would earn when he was of the same as I am today.

Last edited by CARDEEP : 8th June 2010 at 10:39.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote