Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th January 2011, 15:47   #196
BHPian

Default Re: 118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]

Woah! Thanks funkykar and GreenDay. I think I'll go with a used WagonR or Santro for sometime and when I get my next promotion...I'll restore the 118. Guess I should get used to owning a car first and learning a thing or two about it. BTW, I spoke to my brother who's in Bhopal to check it out and have also told him to take care of it as I might give it another life in a year's time.
creative420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2011, 22:01   #197
BANNED

Default NECB - FCB - BCSC Republic Day Meet - 2011

How about starting a New year 2011 and celebrating Republic day with all our Italian Beauties in Namma Bengaluru.

Here we go - the most awaited day of this year - Jan.26, which goes with a special combined meet of FCB - NECB and BCSC.

-- Venue : Cubbon Park.
-- Date : 26.Jan.2011
-- Time : 09.30 AM to 12.00 PM
-- Agenda :
* 9:30 am Assembly at Cubbon Park (enter from Kasturba Rd / Vittal Mallya Rd entrance)
* Individual Club Meets from 10:00 am - 10:55 am
* Combined Meet from 11:00 am - 11:30 am
* Photo sessions and interactions from 11:30 am - 11:50 am
* Rally starts at 12:00 pm.

-- Invities/Guests : All the welcome with your friends and family.
GreenDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th February 2011, 11:27   #198
BANNED

Spotted a Stock Machine near Gullu's on Saturday.

The car was Neatly maintained, no modifications apart from a simple music system, it flaunted the original wheel cap and also the quarter guard as well.

Sorry about the Poor Quality pic :-(
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-05022011001.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-05022011002.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-05022011.jpg  

GreenDay is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2011, 10:39   #199
BHPian

Hey all!

Do we we have a similar 118 NE club in Pune? If yes, can some one please direct me to that forum post?

Though I do not own a 118 NE right now, but plan to purchase one very soon.

Cheers!
ObsessedByFIAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 15:53   #200
BHPian

Dear Folks,

My dikkie is creating a problem. It keeps opening up. It just does not close for long. when i go on some speed breaker or some rough patch, it opens up. this is very frustrating because i need to keep on getting out and shutting it. somebody please offer some foolproof advise.

Thanks
AJ
AJ118NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th March 2011, 16:34   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ118NE View Post
Dear Folks,

My dikkie is creating a problem. It keeps opening up. It just does not close for long. when i go on some speed breaker or some rough patch, it opens up. this is very frustrating because i need to keep on getting out and shutting it. somebody please offer some foolproof advise.

Thanks
AJ
Given that the Dickey lock assembly is good, it may just need to be set correctly. I have faced this issue myself and seen on a few other NEs. The door setters who have worked on the NE's before would be able to set it right in 5-10 minutes.
funkykar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st July 2011, 01:32   #202
BANNED

After a long wait, here we go. The time has come for the FIAT 1100 Club - Bangalore --- > Monsoon Meet 2011

Details:

Date: 24th July 2011
Time: 09:30 hrs
Venue: Cubbon Park near Central Library
Invitees: FIAT/NE enthusiasts with their families.

At 11:00, we drive to the GrassFields @ Hesargatta.

Apologies for the last moment invite.
Old 1st August 2011, 14:33   #203
BANNED

Pics of the FCB Monsoon Rally 2011

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/post-w...ml#post2449606 onwards

Enjoy
Old 25th August 2011, 11:40   #204
BANNED

Found This Modified NE in Chintamani. Inspired from Merc.

Special thing about this car is: actually used to bring patients to the Hospital. Does the work of a Ambulance, But not an Ambulance.
Attached Thumbnails
118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-20082011010.jpg  

118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]-20082011011.jpg  

Old 25th August 2011, 11:55   #205
Senior - BHPian

The mods done are terrible on this. I assume some guy modded and used it for a while, then sold to a doctor at a throw away price. Whatever it is, instead of heading to junkyard, it is saving lives
funkykar is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 12:02   #206
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDay View Post
Spotted a Stock Machine near Gullu's on Saturday.

The car was Neatly maintained, no modifications apart from a simple music system, it flaunted the original wheel cap and also the quarter guard as well.

Sorry about the Poor Quality pic :-(
This is a car that belonged to my friend's father, it was sold to someone he knew recently due to parking space issues. It has enjoyed extremely good care and I would really love to have that car but for parking issues. And yes it is all stock and original, it has a manual water sprayer for the wash wipe. The trunk had a problem and would spring open on its own sometimes.
ssingri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th January 2012, 10:25   #207
BHPian

Unhappy Re: 118 NE Club Bengaluru [NECB]

Hi Dear friends,

I am facing a starting problem with my 1996 NE. the deal is that the water pump was spoilt (engine was overheating), so i bought a new Mikoni water pump from JC road and got it fixed. the mechanic charged about 500 bucks for fixing it, the pump itself costed 600 bucks. now even though the battery is pretty charged up, the car doesnt start, only cranks meekly. Two things i ask from you all :

1. is this a battery problem? Because the horn blows pretty hard & the headlights are strong enough (so battery must be good), but it seems the battery is not enough to crank up the car. Is this possible?

2. Secondly, the fan in front of the engine (the faded red fan), should it be tight? I mean should it be free enough to be rotated by the hand? Because the fan seems pretty tight, and i was wondering if this tightness has got anything to do with the engine starting, you know like the battery getting strained to rotate the fan? My uncle told me that the starting of the car has nothing to do with the rotation of the fan.

I seek your experiental advise/wisdom on this folks. Please let me know.

Regards,
AJ
AJ118NE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th December 2014, 09:39   #208

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkykar View Post
My love towards the 118 NE is ever lasting. It all started when I was a kid. I donít even remember when exactly. It was love at first sight. I had never sat in a 118 NE until recently, let alone driving it. I donít hail from a car family. Neither did any friends of mine during college had cars. My knowledge about cars was literally nil. After I got into my 2nd job in around 2002, I sniffed a possibility of buying a car. OF course I was eyeing for a 118 NE. I was on a mad hunt for an excellent 118 NE. I couldn't really find one as I did not know how to look for a good one. If NE had more than one owner, I rejected. If it looked dirty, I rejected. Even my friends couldnít identify a good one due to lack of knowledge. Once friend had a NE at their home. It appeared excellent. With lot of courage and hesitation, I approached his dad asking if he is willing to sell. He literally got mad at me and shouted he would never sell and dare not to ask him again. Later, my family forced me to buy a new Maruti 800. I just gave up on finding the 118 NE.

Finally couple of years ago, the same friends father called me one fine day and asked if I wanted the NE. A few years before that day, they had stopped using as they had too many cars at their home. My mouth was just watering, head spinning in excitement. Without any hesitation, I said yes yes yes. He said, he is not selling it to me, but giving it to me just like that. Only condition being, any day I feel I donít want it, I have to return it. Then it was over to my friend. He explained me that it was parked elsewhere and wasnít used for more than a couple of years. HE said he will get it to running condition and then give it to me. This was a hell of a wait. The garages that used to service their NE werenít anymore ready to work on this car. With great difficulty he managed to find some garage and the required parts, fixed the car and gave it to me. All this took 3 long months. I felt as if it were 3 long years.

To be continued...

Awesome love this thread. I would love to be there the next time you guys meet. I currently don't have a running car but I will fix that soon enough.
wierd_san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote