Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 12th June 2010, 17:40   #31
BHPian

What's the deal with the asymmetric grill (around the red fiat badge on the front) in the top picture? Doesn't it look weird?
Dr.AD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th June 2010, 19:42   #32
BHPian

If you look at this closely, it's actually slightly modified Suzuki Splash / Ritz. This looks better than the current Maruti Ritz.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
This picture represents the model that Fiat could produce globally under the name Uno. It is to be decided between the picture shown earlier and this one.

Please excuse me for bad english. The text was in spanish and french and had to translate it.

In Europe come to be below 500, while the Mercosur replace the current model.
In Europe it would be placed in a level below the Fiat 500.
The new model, known as Project 326 / 327, take the 500 platform, providing a good space for four passengers in a vehicle of only 3.50 meters long and 1.50 high.
In Mercosur, perhaps, could be reached using any platform region.
We do not have specific data on the interior finish and equipment.
In Brazil are planning to produce it quickly and eventually present it in November 2009.
This new model could be marketed in Italy and South America, can reach to other emerging markets in eastern Europe and Asia.

regards,
adg_andy
Ritzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 05:13   #33
BHPian

Default ritz like it is

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ritzman View Post
If you look at this closely, it's actually slightly modified Suzuki Splash / Ritz. This looks better than the current Maruti Ritz.
Bang on the money my friend! That is the first thing that came to my mind on seeing the picture- a much better looking ritz
adg_andy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 10:57   #34
Senior - BHPian

How difficult is it to change the grill? I like the car
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 11:00   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adg_andy View Post
Bang on the money my friend! That is the first thing that came to my mind on seeing the picture- a much better looking ritz
To me the Ritz always looked good from the front, it was the side and rear 3/4th angles that didn't. Anyway, I agree about the resemblance.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 11:06   #36
Senior - BHPian

Cant they find any other name? Uno is considered to be a flop in India. People will not buy it with same name ... Fiat better launch it with different name.

Car looks good but. Looks attractive. New name will certainly help to attract people IMO
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 11:15   #37
Senior - BHPian

The only manufacturer in india who could get away with such a design is Maruti. Better FIAT thinks before launch!!!
gemithomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 11:17   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
The only manufacturer in india who could get away with such a design is Maruti. Better FIAT thinks before launch!!!
I would tend to agree. However, judging by the other reactions on this thread, I am not so sure.
Amartya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 11:21   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gemithomas View Post
I agree. Personally, I did not like this Uno. In fact it looks really ugly. I guess Fiat is now influenced to go the Maruti way. If Ritz and Dzire can sell well, Fiat believes the Uno too would sell well. I guess the one of the biggest strengths Fiat has for its current models is the design and looks. Even that is lost with the new Uno.
nurni76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 11:34   #40
BHPian

It looks like cartoon character Popeye, with a cheroot on one side of his mouth.
echo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 12:40   #41
Senior - BHPian

In today's world, no car is ugly. They may not be good looking but are meant to do a job which they do respectfully (DZire, Logan, Wagon R (Old), Santro (Old and Xing) Yada Yada Yada!).

We buy the cars for the utility/practicality it offers and I think UNO fits to the T. It was not a flop, it was made a flop because of the labour issues. Those who have it, swear by it. if priced correctly, I think it would give TATA-FIAT a neat rival to the Maruti/Chevy/Ford/Hyundai gang.
amtak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 13:45   #42
BHPian

How much will it cost? Near about the Spark? If yes then no matter how it looks it will sell. Pricing will be the key not the design or the aesthetics at this price point.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 14:01   #43
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPARKled View Post
How much will it cost? Near about the Spark? If yes then no matter how it looks it will sell. Pricing will be the key not the design or the aesthetics at this price point.

+1 to that . i agree if the pricing is correct and features, FE, A** is good or at par with its compitator surely it will be huge hit in the segment and will be a leader too.
Mr.Bangalore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 14:17   #44
Senior - BHPian

The car seems to strike the right balance between function and style and should look a lot better in the flesh! And I'm sure Fiat'll consider changing that grille(or the lack of one) with a more conventional mesh job with the usual chrome slats!
AyAn! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th June 2010, 14:27   #45
Senior - BHPian

Have many fond memories associated with the Uno petrol we had earlier. So I'll be looking forward to this car being launched here.

This one however, has an entirely different design language, Which is a good thing, however some design element carried over from the older generation should have helped. Anyways this car looks chic and smart without being unconventional. The rear looks quite like a Panda though.

Regards.
YC.BALENO.CHD is offline   Reply With Quote