Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 16th June 2010, 13:38   #1
Default 24x7 Road-side Assistance : Your Experience

One of the newest trends in Indian Automotive sector is 24x7 Road-side assistance service which is targeted primarily towards people frequently hitting the highways on a long drive. This service is now often bundled with car insurance (insurance companies) and new car purchase (from manufacturers). The service can be bought directly as well from some of the original service providers like TVS.

Since this service is gaining some traction with Indian car buyers, I am starting this thread to have a live discussion on various aspects, effectiveness and utilities of this service.
sabynag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th May 2013, 15:44   #2
Default Re: 24x7 Road-side Assistance : Your Experience

Is there a AAA or Nationwide equivalent provider in India that I can subscribe to separately instead of opting for the package from insurance provider?
hellmet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st August 2013, 19:52   #3

Looks like I am digging up a really old thread. However, it seems to be the best place to share my experience with Nissan Roadside Assistance.

But, oh wait... I don't have one! Yes, just today, the battery of my Nissan Micra drained out, thanks to a valet driver at a Taj hotel. I wasn't too worried. After all, I had opted for the Nissan Extended Warranty with Nissan Roadside Assistance and all.

I called up their number 1800 209 4080. In the IVR System, you're supposed to press 2 for "Roadside Assistance". So, I do that, and nothing happens. I tried it a few more times and with different phones, but it just didn't work. Its just a phone number that plays a recorded message to select one of the 3 options, and that's it.

I would like to believe otherwise, but it seems that Nissan's Roadside Assistance is just like their service, practically non-existent. :P

Well, that's my "experience" with a 24x7, 365 days Roadside Assistance.

I did manage to get myself out of the situation though, thanks to Exide's Batmobile service.
aakash.goenka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2013, 00:09   #4
Senior - BHPian

I have a first hand experience with the RSA of FIAT. Couple of weeks back my car Punto refused to start when I had parked it at the shoulder of the Pune-Mbai highway (NH4) around couple of KMs from Chandani chowk.

I tried for 15 mins but the car did not start. The obvious culprit I thought was the battery. I called up FIAT RSA and I was attended in flat 2 mins. The lady on the other side took all details of my car and promised to call me back in 5 mins. Then after around 7 mins, I got a call back from her and I was put into a teleconference with the pickup car driver. I told the pickup van person my whereabouts and he reached the spot within 30 mins. He used his battery to start my car and then drove back to my home which is around 10KMs from this place.

I got the car fixed this week and the culprit was the starter motor. It is covered under the extended part warranty and so I did not have to shell out anything on that.

I know a person who had his tire puncture on the Pune-Mbai expressway at 1-2 AM and then FIAT RSA reached him and fixed his car in 1.5 hrs flat. I totally appreciate FIAT's efforts on their RSA program But I hope, I wont have to use it again
neoonwheels is offline   Reply With Quote