Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 2nd November 2005, 16:56   #16
Senior - BHPian

Firstly I think this whole idea is crazy. Use that money to improve infrastructure. I remember looking at a picture of a hummer type vehicle called Jaggernaut in Overdrive a few years back. Revive that project if they really really want to give the cops something like the hummer. The Jaggernaut will be cheaper to buy and spares will be cheaper and avaliable more easily.
Anyway, i don't think the proposal will go through. The Deshmukh government can't take any decision on their own. Everything comes from the madam in Delhi.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2005, 18:11   #17
BHPian

are the police having choppers atleast then is take over any calamity rather than only rains.
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2005, 19:03   #18
BHPian

realx everyone...it was juts a suggestion.. and i am sure its really exggerated....its like geting the cops a bently flying spur to catch speeding vehicles in the mumbai pune highways.....look indian gov. takes a lot of time to issue bills.. just like the planes they brought for airindia and IA. the decision was taken recently..after a decade of decision making...so hold u r hummers(horses)....cheers.....
racing4cure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd November 2005, 23:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

Would be funny to see a Paandu spitting out of a Hummer.
The cops should get Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSi's and the old regular TATA Sumo with power steering and a Pete's box. Even a Tata Safari would do, for regular city duties.
For the expressway, to catch speeding people the cops should get 5 - 6 Hyundai Tuscons.
The rest of the money should go to speed cameras, better roads, hawker free roads and sidewalks.
lamborghini is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2005, 11:33   #20
Senior - BHPian

the report is just one of things that make us go hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm...........haha
normally_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2005, 11:57   #21
Senior - BHPian

Talking about police vehicles... here in Delhi they switched over from Maruti Gypsy to Toyota Qualis a few years back (i think since 2001)..
But now with Qualis no longer in production.. wonder what alternative they will look into.. Innova??... should be interesting....
DCEite is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2005, 17:10   #22
Senior - BHPian

LOL hummer for Indian police... man LMAO. Man it is better they stay to gypsy. Coz if they get hummer they will thrash everyone here and there and if by mistake some one dies when they hit him with hummer they will say "Sala Gadi dodaraha tha. encounter main mara gaya".

So it is better they stay in Gypsy.
abhibh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2005, 17:27   #23

Don't know who started this, but it sounds absolutely bull****.

Our cops need discipline more that anything else now.

It's like saying, "now you have a faster and powerful vehicle... pls come and hit my a** & bal*s out".

please be more sensical... our police and leaders enjoy more than what they deserve. Saying this, I always have high respect for few cops and leaders (like our PM and FM) people who are honest and have real concern for the society. if you are talking about these people, then I can tolerate this topic.
shanki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2005, 17:33   #24
Senior - BHPian

Shanki right man they sure will do what u say. I m with ya...
Old 3rd November 2005, 17:39   #25
Senior - BHPian

LOL even in America police drive Crown Victoria. Even americans ministers dont trust their police ppl with Hummer. Man anybody can get mad after entering that car.

I heared on tv a woman said thsi about hummer she had "Anythign i Bump Into I bet i WIN". So please no hummer for police.

Though it is a good suggestion for Military of India. But they whould only be allowed to use it on Borders not city. omg..
Old 5th November 2005, 13:08   #26
BANNED

I don’t think giving Hummers to the cops in India or anywhere makes sense. The size of the Hummer would not let them get to where they are needed and even if they do get to where they are needed, it will be even later than ever. I often wonder if many of my fellow BHP-ians realize that there is a real world out there… Traffic, small roads etc. In India, even fire brigades have a problem reaching the scene due to small roads etc. Even if we forget the cost of the vehicle, the top speed, the maneuverability and the cost of running the vehicle, Hummer is just not practical for Police work in MOST countries due to it's size. Also, have you seen the way our cops ride their bikes? They are the first ones to break the law… Imagine them driving a giant!!!
MrBoombastic is offline   Reply With Quote