Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 11th September 2010, 00:50   #151
Senior - BHPian

Wowww - if the new Swift's coming, its time to fall in love all over again !!

Even after three and a half years, I miss a beat each time I see her, and have a wide grin plastered on my face each time I drive her !

The Rockstar among cars !
Old 11th September 2010, 02:53   #152
Senior - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Post Deleted. Typing a message which is not a value-addition to the topic being discussed, or is just entirely irrelevant is considered as “Spam” on this community. Spamming is STRICTLY prohibited on Team-BHP.

Last edited by .anshuman : 11th September 2010 at 04:12. Reason: Reason mention in the post.
Old 11th September 2010, 04:11   #153

All Swift Lovers, check out the Videos below & fall in love once again!

Here is the very first Review of Swift 2011, hope atleast one of you get to know what the reviewer want to say.

Old 11th September 2010, 07:50   #154
BHPian

Stop Day dreaming. International swift is different from the current Indian swift from long time. Even if ALL new swift gets launched it will be a trimmed down version than the international model.

today also swift have great demand in spite of quality problems , so why maruti will take pains to change the current model on immediate basis is a big question.
Old 11th September 2010, 08:11   #155
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by okvinu View Post

Nice theme!
This is how limited editions should be! Look what MSIL gave India for selling 1 million Swifts and you ll know.
Old 12th September 2010, 22:10   #156

Default More pictures

Hi, found some more pictures of the European swift, and the spec sheet. Still no usb on the head unit. Hope the Indian version is somewhere close to this!

Source.
Attached Thumbnails
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-2011suzukiswift2.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-2011suzukiswift4.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-2011suzukiswift7.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-2011suzukiswiftspecs.jpg  

Last edited by .anshuman : 13th September 2010 at 01:39. Reason: Edited post to include the source of the pictures provided by Padfoot.
Old 12th September 2010, 22:35   #157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padfoot View Post
Still no usb on the head unit. Hope the Indian version is somewhere close to this!
The head unit supports USB ( Check the button below the Vol. control knob), the connection must be in the storage compartment next to the hand-break or gear lever.
Attached Images

Old 13th September 2010, 02:01   #158

Smile More pictures

@ harishnair
Yes, I think I found the USB port too. Additionally The bluetooth phone buttons on the driving wheel look fabulous. Lets keep hoping !!

Source here:New Suzuki Swift Priced from £9,995 in the UK - Carscoop
Attached Thumbnails
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-2011suzukiswift615481.jpg  

Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-2011suzukiswift2.jpg  

Old 13th September 2010, 09:07   #159
BHPian

^^ i have this gut feeling Indian Swift will NEVER get those features mentioned in the euro spec. This is simply due to the target audience Maruti has. The swift segment currently is only looking for performance, FE and legroom at the rear seats :-)

However, it makes sense for Maruti to have those features in the kizashi which would actually work for them as it would be in comparo with ANHC, Vento, Altis !!
Old 13th September 2010, 09:26   #160
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dar3dev|l View Post
^^ i have this gut feeling Indian Swift will NEVER get those features mentioned in the euro spec. This is simply due to the target audience Maruti has. The swift segment currently is only looking for performance, FE and legroom at the rear seats :-)
+1 to this -- the euro spec cars are always different from india spec -- I dont expect half of the quality seen in the pics -- India - Maruti can sell a real cheap car and Indian mass would still LOVE it and make it a big hit

Quote:
However, it makes sense for Maruti to have those features in the kizashi which would actually work for them as it would be in comparo with ANHC, Vento, Altis !!
I believe Kizashi is going to be launched one segment higher - where it will compete with Corolla, Cruze, Civic etc and not in the ANHC, Vento Category ! we already have the SX4 there and bringing in a Diesel SX4 will still raise the price by a lakh or so -- which will be like 10 lakhs range.

Initial reviews suggest that Kizashi might be priced around 12 Lakhs and is shod with a 2 litre engine which is mostly seen in the 12 lakh bracket.
Old 13th September 2010, 09:38   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Most these features are currently provided by the competition even in cars costing lower than the Swift and Suzuki cannot continue to ignore this fact. Also, the next gen Swift in all likelihood will be positioned at a higher price point so as to prevent cannibalization between Swift and Ritz. So, the new car will have to come with all the bells and whistles to attract buyers from Polo/GP/i20.
Old 13th September 2010, 09:46   #162
BHPian

The euro spec swift looks fabulous.

If the indian spec gets this same swift at least in ZXi and ZDi (hope they introduce it) version at least, then the sales with zoom off again. Better interiors and more features will make it a more desirable car for many more people, not that it needs more customers.

I dont mind it if they increase the price also.
Old 13th September 2010, 11:58   #163
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : One-liners that add ZERO value to the thread are strictly prohibited on Team-BHP. In fact, they are considered as SPAM. Please do not hit the post submit button unless you have something of value to add to the thread.

We advise you to visit our board rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th September 2010 at 12:06.
chetan is offline   Received Infraction
Old 13th September 2010, 20:48   #164
Senior - BHPian

Its no point complaining that a manufacturer does not give us so-and-so features.Maruti constrained by the fact that they have to launch this car at a competitive as demanded by the consumers,so they have to skimp on features.This fully loaded swift in europe will cost around 9-10 lakhs in europe for sure but there no eyebrows are raised because it the norm there.They cant do the same here.
The part where maruti should not dissapoint is build quality.
Old 13th September 2010, 20:58   #165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
This is how limited editions should be! Look what MSIL gave India for selling 1 million Swifts and you ll know.
Is this limited edition really? This colour scheme looks amazing. OMG !!
Closed Thread