Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 14th November 2010, 21:21   #196
Senior - BHPian

He always liked the Swift.Even the first generation model he had remarked that he was fond of this car along with the other 2 in top gear.
Nice to see swift has lost none of its prowess,and it looks like quality has improved too!
Old 18th November 2010, 12:58   #197

Suzuki has done a Great job of retaining the same design while giving it a more updated look. The tail lamp in not to my liking.
Old 18th November 2010, 16:57   #198
BHPian

The rumour mills have gone quiet, is the launch now put off to the 1st Qr of 2011 or later?
The design per se is an evolution of the existing one, which is even after 5 yrs still looking fresh. I thought the tail lamp is now better looking.....
Old 22nd November 2010, 14:54   #199
DKW
BHPian

I had a booking with Aryaman Sai, Goa for the Swift ZXI (Sunlight Copper) in October to be delivered in December. Just got a call from the dealer that they would'nt be able to commit on the color since the Plant has'nt manufactured this color in ZXI for long moreover the plant would be closed for maintenance on 10th December for a month or so.

Seems like Maruti is gearing up for the launch of Swift 2011.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:18   #200
BHPian

Maruti plants gets closed twice in year , to do maintainence of their machines . This is the routine exercise they follow every year . So if u want new swift , i would advice you to cancel the booking and wait for three to four months or so .

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKW View Post
I had a booking with Aryaman Sai, Goa for the Swift ZXI (Sunlight Copper) in October to be delivered in December. Just got a call from the dealer that they would'nt be able to commit on the color since the Plant has'nt manufactured this color in ZXI for long moreover the plant would be closed for maintenance on 10th December for a month or so.

Seems like Maruti is gearing up for the launch of Swift 2011.
Old 22nd November 2010, 17:31   #201
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKW View Post
plant would be closed for maintenance on 10th December for a month or so.
1 month for anual maintenance?. Looks like we can expect new Swift soon. My colleague is planning for a swift and I asked him for the next generation.
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:51   #202
BHPian

This is like one of the well guarded secrets of all times now (if it's really a secret, i'm beginning to doubt that). I'm holding my current VDi+ABS booking and waiting to see if i could get my hands on the new one instead. Anybody has any "authentic" news on when the new swift is due to launch. With so many new car launches impending, i'd rather have MS play catch-up sooner than later.
Old 22nd November 2010, 21:37   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
1 month for anual maintenance?. Looks like we can expect new Swift soon. My colleague is planning for a swift and I asked him for the next generation.
Hi

Dealer in chennai told me that new swift is going to be launched in feb2011 for sure.

Even i am planning to sell my 2008oct Swift VDi and go for new swift provided it looks good and pricing is also decent for the quality what they provide.but -ve points are smaller boot ,hope new swift is less bumpy too
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:19   #204
Senior - BHPian

Is it possible to book next generation Swift now and take delivery when they launch next year(first batch)? :-)
Old 22nd November 2010, 23:29   #205
Senior - BHPian

If its indeed a Feb launch, there would be many spottings for sure in and around ARAI, Pune, where it would come for homologation, but we dont have any spy pictures or even reports of it anywhere. Downtime would affect Ritz production also.

I think the original date floating around (Q2 2011) seems to be the probable one.
Old 23rd November 2010, 02:27   #206
Senior - BHPian

The New Swift is Launched in the UK, but with only 1.2 Petrol motors. They are currently not selling the DDIS and from some news magazine which said that the Swift Diesel with the New shape will be available in UK from Jan 2011. Since the Diesel swift sells in very less numbers here, they ll import the Swift diesels manufactured in India to Uk and hence kinda confirms the logic that the new swift will be launched in 2011 Jan
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:06   #207
BHPian

Is there any plan to introduce Automatic version in the new gen Swift? Why is that manufactures hesitate to bring Auto in small cars? is this bcz of the price? or the demand factor?
Old 23rd November 2010, 09:19   #208
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Is there any plan to introduce Automatic version in the new gen Swift? Why is that manufactures hesitate to bring Auto in small cars? is this bcz of the price? or the demand factor?
I suspect the new Swift will come with all the deal-breaking features and bits that will thrill the customers. The auto tranny should be available as an option at least. Apart from that, expect to see climate-control, auto-retractable-ORVMs, integrated stereo and a host of other features!

After all, its direct competitor, I believe, is the Hyundai i20. The Punto and the Polo are threats too! So, Maruti has to up their game if they want to go up against the new hatch-heavyweights.
Old 23rd November 2010, 11:02   #209
DKW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Is it possible to book next generation Swift now and take delivery when they launch next year(first batch)? :-)

Just to add to my earlier post, Aryaman Sai, Goa is accepting bookings for the new swift as confirmed by their Sales Advisor.
Old 24th November 2010, 18:37   #210
BHPian

Was at Pratham Motors Blr, for a friend's car servicing and upon inquiry the SA tells me that not before March 2011 is the New Swift expected. I'm in a quandary, like lots of prospective swift buyers, whether to wait for the new one or buy the existing gen. Swift.

For now, I have my finances tight (well, that's the reason i quote to myself for waiting for the new swift!) and shall hence wait until Jan 2011 and see what comes of the Auto Expo in Delhi (Maybe some more confusion!).
Closed Thread