Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10th March 2011, 11:43   #346
BHPian
 
theoriginal9321's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Lucknow, UP
Posts: 111
Thanked: 0 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Just found this new article -
Breaking: 2011 Maruti Suzuki Swift probable Launch Details & Pricing! | Indian Cars & Motorcycles Blog
It says about bookings in June, and the prices to be up by 30 - 40k which is brilliant acc. to me !
theoriginal9321 is offline  
Old 10th March 2011, 12:22   #347
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 65
Thanked: 21 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

There are no seperate bookings being taken for the new version.
We hve booked a Swift VDI last week and hve been promised delivery of new model within 10-12 weeks as by that time the deliveries of new model would have begin.
So, effectively, if anybody books the car today (Diesel) is likely to get the delivery of the new version.
RickyC is offline  
Old 10th March 2011, 12:31   #348
Team-BHP Support
 
moralfibre's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: MH-12
Posts: 6,625
Thanked: 6,149 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Great news. I hope they do justice to the Diesel and provide all features at par with the Petrol. Currently the Diesel's get step motherly treatment and are stripped of major features. I am going to put my money on the new Swift soon and hope there is no disappointment.

Related discussion (Why do diesel engine variants get step-motherly treatment from manufacturers?)
moralfibre is offline  
Old 10th March 2011, 14:45   #349
BHPian
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: God'sowncountry
Posts: 106
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

very useful information about launch date indeed Sid. Any idea about the Dzire launch? Kindly enlighten us.

As informed by Indus Motors Tvm today, the waiting period for swift vdi abs is 17 months!, vdi 6, ldi 9. Is it true? I feel the waiting period projected is not actual. Is there a way to find out ones priority number?

Last edited by specialist1968 : 10th March 2011 at 14:49.
specialist1968 is offline  
Old 10th March 2011, 16:44   #350
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,449
Thanked: 6,438 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by specialist1968 View Post
very useful information about launch date indeed Sid. Any idea about the Dzire launch? Kindly enlighten us.

As informed by Indus Motors Tvm today, the waiting period for swift vdi abs is 17 months!, vdi 6, ldi 9. Is it true? I feel the waiting period projected is not actual. Is there a way to find out ones priority number?
I guess they might have stopped the production as of now since the new model is coming out. This would have added to the delivery period. Once they re-start the production, it will get better !
swiftnfurious is offline  
Old 11th March 2011, 16:15   #351
BHPian
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 942
Thanked: 721 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Any idea which dealer from Bangalore gave the information as per ICB? Any recent enquiries?

-Ravi
ravib is offline  
Old 11th March 2011, 17:31   #352
Distinguished - BHPian
 
supremeBaleno's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Weekdays@Chennai, Weekends@Kerala
Posts: 5,164
Thanked: 1,638 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Looks like the new Swift is on sale in most countries. Was just checking the Suzuki.de site and came across this.
Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15-newswift.jpg

Man, the options they have on the Swift are amazing :
- Swift 1.2
- Swift 1.3 DDiS
- Swift 1.2 4x4
- Swift 1.2 AT

Would have been great if we got the AT here. 4x4 version also sounds interesting.
supremeBaleno is offline  
Old 11th March 2011, 17:35   #353
Senior - BHPian
 
Deeps's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Delhi/Noida
Posts: 1,090
Thanked: 67 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Saw this new swift being tested on Mathura road in peak evening traffic. It was black in colour with black tape on all lights. Plus, it had all monograms missing. But you cant really hide something so obvious though.
Deeps is offline  
Old 11th March 2011, 20:20   #354
rmk
BHPian
 
rmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kannur
Posts: 53
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Read in a comment here that if we order a new swift now, we'l probably get the new swift.

I dont think thats likely to happen. When i enquired about this, the sales guy told me that if i book a swift now and later im deciding to change to the new model, my seniority in the booking will be lost.

There is also a price difference mentioned here. I dont think that, atleast some customers who are buying a car (in this case swift ), will respond to the news that the car that'l be delivered, will be 30-40k higher than the booking rate.

Ex : a person X loves sedans. His budget is 6lakhs. But the sedan range starts at 6.4-6.6l (verna, aveo, linea, fiesta)that he cant afford. So he decides to gor for a SWIFT ZXI@6laksh onroad. And then one fine morning, he's being informed that the car about to be delivered willbe the new swift and so there'd be a rise of 40K. (for that 40K, he couldve bought a deccent sedan!!)

X would be very very angry...And if i was X... i'd seriously sue MSL
rmk is offline  
Old 12th March 2011, 00:02   #355
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 207
Thanked: 24 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk View Post
Read in a comment here that if we order a new swift now, we'l probably get the new swift.

I dont think thats likely to happen. When i enquired about this, the sales guy told me that if i book a swift now and later im deciding to change to the new model, my seniority in the booking will be lost.

There is also a price difference mentioned here. I dont think that, atleast some customers who are buying a car (in this case swift ), will respond to the news that the car that'l be delivered, will be 30-40k higher than the booking rate.

Ex : a person X loves sedans. His budget is 6lakhs. But the sedan range starts at 6.4-6.6l (verna, aveo, linea, fiesta)that he cant afford. So he decides to gor for a SWIFT ZXI@6laksh onroad. And then one fine morning, he's being informed that the car about to be delivered willbe the new swift and so there'd be a rise of 40K. (for that 40K, he couldve bought a deccent sedan!!)

X would be very very angry...And if i was X... i'd seriously sue MSL
Firstly X can very well cancel the booking then, and buy the Sedan instead.

Secondly, no Sedan except the Dzire/Manza and now the Etios are available for 6.4 - 6.6 on road. And thats for the base variants or at the most middle variant. Someone who wants to buy a Swift Zxi specifically will not want to buy a base model Sedan.
radiokidb is offline  
Old 12th March 2011, 00:41   #356
Senior - BHPian
 
xingamazon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 1,399
Thanked: 110 Times
Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Frankly, except for the tag new with the car there is not much I am seeing as a change. According to me the dash look and feel has changed, but current one was no worse.

In automotive terms people call it minor freshening, see there are two kind of changes. One involving real change to the car. Other involving just the OEM parts change. Cos frankly everyone needs a pay rise, so once the part supplier ask for a hike the car makers suggest them to change the look and feel and get a better price.

These changes involve nothing on part of the car manufact to change, except for inspecting the newly proposed part.
Invariably such change are inferior to the actual version.

I would name it Gen 1.2 instead of naming it Gen 2. Gen 2 sounds like a re-birth of Swift etc which it is not. Its nothing to be excited about.

Note: I am writing this based on my understanding of changes.
xingamazon is offline  
Old 12th March 2011, 02:31   #357
Senior - BHPian
 
foby.sebastian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Amsterdam
Posts: 2,448
Thanked: 1,102 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

The new swift is already up and running in many other countries , may I know any of those countries have dezire ?
foby.sebastian is offline  
Old 12th March 2011, 03:18   #358
BHPian
 
prashanth_benz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: chennai
Posts: 64
Thanked: Once
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Frankly, except for the tag new with the car there is not much I am seeing as a change. According to me the dash look and feel has changed, but current one was no worse.

In automotive terms people call it minor freshening, see there are two kind of changes. One involving real change to the car. Other involving just the OEM parts change. Cos frankly everyone needs a pay rise, so once the part supplier ask for a hike the car makers suggest them to change the look and feel and get a better price.

These changes involve nothing on part of the car manufact to change, except for inspecting the newly proposed part.
Invariably such change are inferior to the actual version.

I would name it Gen 1.2 instead of naming it Gen 2. Gen 2 sounds like a re-birth of Swift etc which it is not. Its nothing to be excited about.

Note: I am writing this based on my understanding of changes.
Your completely mistaken my friend. The new swift indeed is "totally" new. The chassis has been lengthened and the car now is slightly wider than before,apart from the obvious sheet metal changes. Hence it cannot be named swift Gen 1.2 .
prashanth_benz is offline  
Old 12th March 2011, 18:49   #359
BHPian
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: hyd
Posts: 63
Thanked: 14 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

any news that this new machine would have 90 BHP power?
Keralite is offline  
Old 12th March 2011, 20:39   #360
rmk
BHPian
 
rmk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Kannur
Posts: 53
Thanked: 10 Times
Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Saw the comment radiokidb. Dont forget the fact that the swift series have a booking period of around 6 months in many cities. So, after waiting six months, do you think that it'l be an easy decision to cancel the car for which you waited all those days ?? For me. BIG NO!

I just quoted that example to say that its kinda cheating the customer and they wont be happy about that!

But any of these above scenarios that both you and i are so worried about, wont happen in real. Because MSL wont do that!!

Last edited by Jaggu : 12th March 2011 at 21:50. Reason: Please use proper punctuation while composing posts thanks.
rmk is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Will Gen2 Swift give major boost to sales? fz_rider The Indian Car Scene 4 4th February 2011 17:24
Spied 2010 Tata Safari / Indicruz EDIT : Caught testing in India! Pics on Pg. 20 sidindica The Indian Car Scene 1282 5th January 2010 15:42
SCOOP! All New 3rd Gen Honda City Caught Testing EDIT : Interior pics on Pg. 39 awarty The Indian Car Scene 913 25th September 2008 20:27


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 12:17.

Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks