Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 28th April 2011, 18:51   #541
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: Next gen Swift Dzire is <4 meter length

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
Thanks for the details. Will maruti discontinue the current dzire and leave a void in the market? I mean they have stated somewhere that the new Dzire (plus 4 meters) with the bigger boot will come in 2014, and im not too sure if everyone is going to buy this 2.5 Box New Dzire instead of an Etios, which is a full fledged 3 box car.
They wont discontinue the current model as of now. The fully fledged Dzire will be launched only by 2014 as per MSIL.
Old 28th April 2011, 19:02   #542
Senior - BHPian

Launch early next year?
Old 28th April 2011, 19:06   #543
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Launch early next year?
Yes, the car will go on sale from Jan 2012 after the Auto Expo launch.
Old 28th April 2011, 20:38   #544
BHPian

Headlamps too big, boot too small. But at the end of the day, it's a Maruti, and love it or hate it that is what matters in our country!
But to be fair to them, Maruti has a big focus on continuous improvements / Kaizens as a company policy. Plus the recent launches like Etios and Manza have forced Maruti to offer more value to its customers. Hopefully someday their cars will stop rattling, too!
Old 28th April 2011, 23:21   #545
BHPian

Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Today I got my Swift booked at a local dealer. The waiting period is 4-5 months. I had a chat with the owner of the dealership regarding the new swift, that I want to do the booking for the all new suzuki swift. He said that the booking procedure is the same , no special/separate booking for the new model. The booking is common for the swift. He said that the new swift will reach the showrooms by the end of july and as per my booking I will get it in August. Till july they will be giving the present swift and when ever the new model comes they will start delivering new model to the current booking customers.

Regards
P.S.Grewal
Ludhiana
Old 29th April 2011, 01:29   #546
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
Till july they will be giving the present swift and when ever the new model comes they will start delivering new model to the current booking customers.
Now this adds to more confusion - as per this statement by the owner of the dealership, there could only be one swift, the new one !! We have been reading info that the new swift will exist hand in hand with the old swift and the new swift will have some additional charge. So we are not going to have the old swift exist once the new one is launched ??
Old 29th April 2011, 01:33   #547
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
MSIL should redesign the headlamps. IMO, it is the headlamps that spoil the proportion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi413 View Post
Headlamps too big, boot too small. But at the end of the day, it's a Maruti, and love it or hate it that is what matters in our country!
But to be fair to them, Maruti has a big focus on continuous improvements / Kaizens as a company policy. Plus the recent launches like Etios and Manza have forced Maruti to offer more value to its customers. Hopefully someday their cars will stop rattling, too!
+1. When I look at the boot alone, it kind of looks ok, but when I see the head lamps stretching back, it looks ugly ! Atleast for this car, they should have retained the headlamps from the current model - that would have helped it retained the proportion. I am seriously looking at the launch of this car - I want to see whether customers are ok for "anything" from maruti !
Old 29th April 2011, 01:41   #548
BHPian

How much ever ugly it might look, how much better may the Indigo CS look, this will be a launch by MSIL. I wonder if there are people who can resist buying it. When the Dzire was launched, nobody liked the B*tt design. It started selling 8K per month, even the ugly back started making sense. Dzire CS, with the DDIS engine, MSIL A*S*S and rock on pricing is all you need to sell it. Infact you just need MSIL to sell it! (Fiat listening)
Old 29th April 2011, 02:32   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
To reduce the excise duty, MSIL decided to come up with this smaller version of the Dzire.

Here re the details:

1. 160mm shorter.
2. New rear door.
3. Plenty of chrome around the grille, fog lamps and on the boot.
4. New alloys similar to the new SX4.
5. Reclined rear seats with more legroom.
6. Steering mounted controls and multiple airbags and more chrome elements here.
7. Keyless entry, Bluetooth connectivity, iPod dock and USB port.
8. Diesel to have 1.3 multi jet engine from Fiat (DDIS) and 1.2 k series for petrol.
9. Softer suspension.
10. 30,000 cheaper than the current Dzire.
Thanks for the details.
If Maruti is able to transform most of the cost benefit earned from reduction in excise duty plus value add features listed above at an marginal increase in price, am sure this would set a new trend in India. With growing urban population IMO 1 foot smaller the length of the car would make a vast difference in ease of parking in tight slots. The new sub sedan segment would be happily welcomed like the big hatch Getz when launched in 2004 when sedans like Esteem started to plummet sales chart.
Old 29th April 2011, 03:51   #550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naveen.raju View Post
To reduce the excise duty, MSIL decided to come up with this smaller version of the Dzire.

Here re the details:

1. 160mm shorter.
2. New rear door.
3. Plenty of chrome around the grille, fog lamps and on the boot.
4. New alloys similar to the new SX4.
5. Reclined rear seats with more legroom.
6. Steering mounted controls and multiple airbags and more chrome elements here.
7. Keyless entry, Bluetooth connectivity, iPod dock and USB port.
8. Diesel to have 1.3 multi jet engine from Fiat (DDIS) and 1.2 k series for petrol.
9. Softer suspension.
10. 30,000 cheaper than the current Dzire.
Only 30 K Cheaper??? Definitely going to disappoint a lot of potential buyers there.
Shouldn't MSIL be passing on much more benefits to the customer.
They are known to produce winners at least in the segments being discussed, Lets hope they don't do a trial and error here
Old 29th April 2011, 07:25   #551
BHPian

When is the Dzire CS going to be launched ? any idea?
Old 29th April 2011, 11:42   #552
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
To answer your questions,
1) God knows when Maruti will complete all their work and announce a launch date for new Dzire. People are waiting for Gen2 swift for more than a year now and still no one has any solid clue when it will get launched. If you can wait and don't need a car urgently, wait for it, but remember even after the launch you have to wait for few months to get the delivery.
2) For maruti, the cancellation charges are Rs. 1000/- usually in all dealers in bangalore.
3) I heard, it takes a week or 10 days. (Suggestion here is not to book with heavy amount)
4) Not sure. I am going to cancel my new Swift booking. Will experience only then

As a side note, there is a limit for everyone's patience and i think maruti should not be taking advantage of it. But, its again upto the customers like us to wait (indefinitely with no known timeline) & take it or leave it and go for cars which are delivered at reasonable time. Choice is individual's....

-Ravi
The question was for Swift 2011. But anyways, I've got my answer. Will go to the showroom and book the car. If finances allow, then will go for it. As other people are saying the waiting period is anyways about 6 months. Now waiting for appraisals and a new job offer!
Old 29th April 2011, 11:44   #553
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Now this adds to more confusion - as per this statement by the owner of the dealership, there could only be one swift, the new one !! We have been reading info that the new swift will exist hand in hand with the old swift and the new swift will have some additional charge. So we are not going to have the old swift exist once the new one is launched ??
No confusion regarding this. The new swift will fit in to the shoes of the existing swift. Might add another trim level but the current swift will seize to exist the moment new one comes.
Old 29th April 2011, 22:50   #554
rmk
BHPian

Nice choice deejay, i too love the i20. But all my cousins and family is against spending 6.5L on a hatchback. They're saying that its an insane choice and advising me to go for the fiesta or dzire.
It steers great, it has such great interiors, all the bells and whistlles.
What say you?
Old 29th April 2011, 23:45   #555
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk View Post
Nice choice deejay, i too love the i20. But all my cousins and family is against spending 6.5L on a hatchback. They're saying that its an insane choice and advising me to go for the fiesta or dzire.
It steers great, it has such great interiors, all the bells and whistlles.
What say you?
In case you are looking for great interiors and loads of space there is nothing better than i20. However I would pick Figo TCDI over I20 any day.
Swift is expected to be launched before September. That's a long way to go.
Closed Thread