Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2011, 23:13   #601
BHPian

Default Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishab.k View Post
Today saw a ticker on CNBC mentioning Maruti likely to launch the new Swift sometime in June or July & the new Dzire in December.
I strongly think that this fiddling with the launch time for the new swift is primarily because of the changes in the launch timing of LIVA.
While new swift was initially planned for March/April primarily to counter an April launch of LIVA but was shifted to May once LIVA was postponed. Now with another postponement of LIVA to JULY brought about another shift of swift launch to July/Aug but now with a rejuvinated Toyota confirming the launch of Liva to June end, there are talks of swift coming in JUNE/JULY.
I would not be surprised if now swift is actually launched in June to counter the Liva launch in June end.
Old 20th May 2011, 10:31   #602
Team-BHP Support

The Liva is bound to eat up on the sales of the Swift. Precisely why I feel MSIL will launch the Swift around mid to end of June.
Old 20th May 2011, 10:56   #603
BANNED

Ah personally I can't wait any longer, Our 15 year old 800 is dying and needs to be replaced immediately I'm afraid. I booked the swift about 2 months ago with the dealer offering me an option to switch to the new one if it was launched before I take delivery. I will be taking delivery in a weeks time. Would have liked to have the new one but ...oh well...
Old 23rd May 2011, 12:09   #604
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: New & Shorter D'zire

Guys, just found this news on Yahoo.
Looks like there is a new D'zire also coming with a shortened boot , which would make the car less than 4m in length.
Looks interesting. The first photo in the link , looks same as posted by Sid in his first post of the thread. Have a look.
The New Maruti Dzire to be shorter, sleeker and cheaper - Yahoo! News
Old 23rd May 2011, 13:26   #605
BHPian

When is the new swift being launched?
Old 23rd May 2011, 18:46   #606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkap01 View Post
Thats a million dollar question now and asked by everyone in this thread

-Ravi
Old 23rd May 2011, 19:29   #607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkap01 View Post
From known source in Mandovi motors, Bangalore. It won't be sooner than the September. Deliveries likely to be starting from October end

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Thats a million dollar question now and asked by everyone in this thread

-Ravi
Old 24th May 2011, 17:21   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
From known source in Mandovi motors, Bangalore. It won't be sooner than the September. Deliveries likely to be starting from October end
The all new swift will be lauched in July. And the delivery will take place as per existing booking schedule. Mine is going to be delivered in August . I got my booking done in end april. The waiting period varies through out India. Somewhere it is less than 3 months , but in north India it is 5-6 months.

Cheers.
Old 24th May 2011, 21:28   #609
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by P.S.Grewal View Post
The all new swift will be lauched in July. And the delivery will take place as per existing booking schedule. Mine is going to be delivered in August . I got my booking done in end april. The waiting period varies through out India. Somewhere it is less than 3 months , but in north India it is 5-6 months.

Cheers.
We can hope for this. We have a showroom coming up one of my close relatives land and they are willing to give us the first vehicle they get for there dealership. The senior guy confirmed that the launch will happen only after the production facility for the DZire and swift are sorted out b/w thier plants( It seems they will have Dzire and swift built from separate facilities which is not the case with current gen swift) and launch time is tentatively September and deliveries October end or first week of November.
Cheers
DJ
Old 24th May 2011, 22:21   #610
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneet_b View Post
Ah personally I can't wait any longer, Our 15 year old 800 is dying and needs to be replaced immediately I'm afraid. I booked the swift about 2 months ago with the dealer offering me an option to switch to the new one if it was launched before I take delivery. I will be taking delivery in a weeks time. Would have liked to have the new one but ...oh well...
Nope the new swift isnt going to be launched that soon. I suggest you wait for a few more days. The new Swift is supposed to be better in all aspects.

Good things come to those who wait.
Old 24th May 2011, 22:25   #611
Senior - BHPian

Mods : Can this thread be closed until some more concrete info /spy pics etc is forthcoming ?
Until then all we are going to have is a lot of "When..?" questions and speculation.
Old 24th May 2011, 22:56   #612
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyzen
Nope the new swift isnt going to be launched that soon. I suggest you wait for a few more days. The new Swift is supposed to be better in all aspects.

Good things come to those who wait.
I would love to have the new swift & I would wait but current circumstances won't allow it ..even if I waited a while longer to book the new one I would still have to wait an additional few months to actually take delivery I reckon..
Old 27th May 2011, 09:48   #613
BHPian

Booked a new swift vdi yesterday.Waiting list of around 120 days.SA said launch around july (as per rumours),he has no clue,although it is mentioned New swift in the booking form.I anyways want the car around diwali time,will see beat diesel and liva diesel (if launched) also.
Old 28th May 2011, 08:36   #614
Distinguished - BHPian

Lightbulb Re: Gen2 Suzuki Swift, EDIT:Caught testing in India, Pics on Pg.15

Suzuki is launching the 2011 Swift in the Diesel guise for the Euro market in June. It looks like they have worked on the DDiS. The engine now makes 190Nm of Max. Torque at 1750 rpm. Our DDiS makes this Torque at 2000 rpm. So it should cure the turbo lag to some extent. Hope MSIL launches this engine with the Gen2 here.

IIRC, the Punto also makes the max Torque at 1750, but it’s rated at 197Nm.
Old 28th May 2011, 15:30   #615
Senior - BHPian

The new car, which is expected to be about 10-15 kg lighter with the new improved engines would make the already good driver's car, a great driver's car. Come on Maruti, enough with the testing already
Closed Thread