Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2010, 11:57   #1
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 330
Thanked: 182 Times
Default Mitsubishi RVR coming to India

ACI reports that Mini Outlander will be coming next year in 2011 at a price of 15 lacs..
SCOOP! Mini Outlander coming | Autocar India

Car looks nice .. if priced on road 14 lacs - 15 lacs with manual / auto .. i think itll sell well.. since full sized outlander is at 23 lacs mumbai..
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:19   #2
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,602
Thanked: 8,593 Times
Default

Good to see the Yeti segment already gaining momentum even before anything is available! This should be really good! Will watch out!
Only problem is the Petrol Part. Any diesel plans? The site does talk about it though.

Last edited by ampere : 22nd June 2010 at 13:23.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 13:49   #3
Distinguished - BHPian
 
hemanth.anand's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 2,159
Thanked: 5,949 Times
Default

I'm so desperate to see the options in this upcoming promising Mini SUV segment.
1.6L to 1.8L engine with 10-12 lacs pricetag will certainly be a hit.
The same "147bhp 1.8-litre turbocharged direct-injection diesel engine" thats been launched in Japan will be very well accepted I feel...I'm Eagerly watching out for the Indian spec.
hemanth.anand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:28   #4
BHPian
 
sreedotk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Chennai
Posts: 215
Thanked: 22 Times
Default

I am surprised that we are comfortable with a 10-15 L Price tag. Mitsubishi should be sensible and start assembling it like they do the Cedia and price it like the Cedia.

If they can assemble and sell the Cedia at 8.5 Range i am sure they can do this at a little more premium and keep it under 10. If they do it with a Diesel then they got a car that can be a chart buster.

It is after all a small cuv/suv
sreedotk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:30   #5
BHPian
 
JJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: Once
Default

Is there any word on its fuel efficiency? I hope the toned down body in this current "Mini" version would actually improve that aspect from the Outlander (4-5kmpl)...
JJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 14:43   #6
Senior - BHPian
 
vinaydas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 1,362
Thanked: 85 Times
Default

Lol, they scooped the Bigger outlander and also mentioned it would come around 15-16 lacs . The mini also the same?
vinaydas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:08   #7
BHPian
 
Maibaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 284
Thanked: 38 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
Mitsubishi should be sensible and start assembling it like they do the Cedia and price it like the Cedia.
+1 to that.

The mini Outlander should be priced below 10 lakh rupees ex-showroom. The new lancer and the Pajero sports, when launched, should be around 12 to 14 Lakhs.

Boy! I am dreaming
Maibaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:30   #8
BHPian
 
carfanatic007's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 207
Thanked: 9 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maibaa View Post
+1 to that.

The mini Outlander should be priced below 10 lakh rupees ex-showroom. The new lancer and the Pajero sports, when launched, should be around 12 to 14 Lakhs.

Boy! I am dreaming
+1 to that, it will be a dream but if it comes at OTR of 11-12 lakhs many might opt for it. I love the looks of it
carfanatic007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 15:56   #9
BHPian
 
harishnair's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Quilon/ Sharjah
Posts: 512
Thanked: 5 Times
Default

IMO Mitsubishi should launch the RVR in the 12-14L range instead of launching the new Lancer.It will help them avoid direct competition against the likes of Toyota/Honda/Skoda and also garner more sales with the vehicle's SUV like looks.
harishnair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:05   #10
BHPian
 
AlokSriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fremont
Posts: 482
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
Is there any word on its fuel efficiency? I hope the toned down body in this current "Mini" version would actually improve that aspect from the Outlander (4-5kmpl)...
Where did you get this FE figures from for the current Outlander?

Do not blindly believe in whatever you hear. Thanks!
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:10   #11
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 769
Thanked: 376 Times
Default

If this comes I would surely be a serious prospect.

Bring it on Mitsu!

Cheers,
diffsoft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 16:45   #12
BHPian
 
JJames's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 83
Thanked: Once
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlokSriva View Post
Where did you get this FE figures from for the current Outlander?

Do not blindly believe in whatever you hear. Thanks!
There are initial Ownership reports & reviews in Team-bhp & outside that shows this figure. Most reviews I have read speak of about 5kmpl in City conditions. I could point you to this Team-bhp review as of now:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1003820 (Driven : Mitsubishi Outlander!).

Then again, do you really care about FE from Mitsu sports cars/SUVs? It really is a passion car; I just love the Outlander, never mind the FE!
JJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 19:55   #13
BHPian
 
AlokSriva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Fremont
Posts: 482
Thanked: 55 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJames View Post
There are initial Ownership reports & reviews in Team-bhp & outside that shows this figure. Most reviews I have read speak of about 5kmpl in City conditions. I could point you to this Team-bhp review as of now:- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/test-d...ml#post1003820 (Driven : Mitsubishi Outlander!).

Then again, do you really care about FE from Mitsu sports cars/SUVs? It really is a passion car; I just love the Outlander, never mind the FE!
That's what I meant when I asked you not to blindly believe in what folks report.

The on board comp displays mileage in a weird fashion - for short trips (a typical test drive, for example), it could show a consumption of 20l/100kms however, as the vehicle warms up, it settles down to anything between 11-13 kmpl depending on traffic conditions and driving style.

Another pertinent point - the test drive vehicles are thoroughly abused by self-proclaimed auto enthusiasts/petrol heads like us. Therefore, the fuel economy returned by a test drive vehicle should be taken with loads of salt.

Just for the record - my OL gave me an avg of 9.36 kmpl on highway with 100% AC and average speeds of 110-130 kmph. In city conditions, it has till now never gone under 7kmpl - with my kind of spirited driving with 100% AC.

Hope this helps air around FE figures of OL

And yes, you are right - 3 quick flicks on paddle shift lever on the left followed by 3 more sanely timed flicks on right one.. and to hell with godblessed FE
AlokSriva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 20:56   #14
BHPian
 
M00M's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 330
Thanked: 182 Times
Default

mini outlander at under 10 ex fac would be a knockout success but i doubt it will come true. manufacturers tend to milk indians to get the maximum returns on a model, mitsubishi has up till now adopted the approach of sell less price more so lets see how they go about it however if mini outlander on road mumbai around 13 would be just awesome and i would definitely wait to buy it..
M00M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd June 2010, 21:41   #15
Team-BHP Support
 
ampere's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 15,602
Thanked: 8,593 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreedotk View Post
I am surprised that we are comfortable with a 10-15 L Price tag. Mitsubishi should be sensible and start assembling it like they do the Cedia and price it like the Cedia.

If they can assemble and sell the Cedia at 8.5 Range i am sure they can do this at a little more premium and keep it under 10. If they do it with a Diesel then they got a car that can be a chart buster.

It is after all a small cuv/suv
Only problem is that, they would bring it on as a CBU/CKU, which would jack up the price.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Mitsubishi Outlander Diesel coming to India in early 2014 JayPrashanth The Indian Car Scene 13 19th August 2013 01:15
Now, HM-Mitsubishi to expand their dealership network (22 coming up) GTO Indian Car Dealerships 7 17th September 2010 23:13
Mitsubishi Evo IX coming to India : Officially manveet The Indian Car Scene 41 22nd June 2010 23:30
Mitsubishi Outlander coming. EDIT : Now Launched, Specs on Pg 6! navdeep The Indian Car Scene 232 31st March 2009 11:47
Mitsubishi Cedia sports - model change coming up? ajeshnrd The Indian Car Scene 54 6th October 2008 12:13


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 05:07.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks