Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th July 2010, 14:56   #61
BHPian

Someone sure is kidding here. I am sure the AT everyone is talking about is nothing but an "Export" Model for developing countries. Maruti cant do such strategic mistake of not having an AT on their best selling model "swift" and have it on their failed model "A-Star".

On other thoughts it looks like some one from Maruti Think-tank thought
" if we are making AT for export market, why not launch it for india as well, After all it costs nothing from engineering or investment point of view"

To me it would be just an good option to have... but i wont recommend buying A-Star anyways AT or no-AT. If you want to buy a fuel efficient car , go for alto or Spark. If you want an upmarket hatch, there are plenty of options.
anu21v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 15:58   #62
BHPian

I for one would be happy to have a small second car with the convenience of the automatic. It could be my wife's daily drive and we could also use it for the city/shopping with its added convenience of parking.

Average though should be at least 13-15 kpl or else i'd prefer to wait for the Nano Europa/automatic.
rxpaul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 16:00   #63
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v
Maruti cant do such strategic mistake of not having an AT on their best selling model "swift" and have it on their failed model "A-Star".
Maybe because the Swift is anyway selling like hot cakes, even sans an AT, while the A-star being a laggard (by Maruti benchmark) could see some demand due to the AT option.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:32   #64
BHPian

A* at seems good.
I drive a total of 40 kms daily, mainly through heavy traffic. had considered i10 auto but it is overpriced. I was getting a used idsi honda city run 30k kms for a lakh Rs less. But buying a used car was a strict no at home. Hence using my Baleno currently. had driven a friends A* and liked it.
I drive alone so cramped interiors is not an issue for me for family outings its the Baleno and so if maruti launches A* auto at 4 lacs onroad price I would definitely go for it.
panks15 is offline   Reply With Quote