Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th November 2005, 16:27   #16
Max
BHPian

Thumbs down tata group do not care about customers

Quote:
Originally Posted by hell_rider
i really think we as a forum are being a bit irresponsible here in bashing about the TATAS.

In the Pre-Varun Roy (Protest against Tata Motors thread) era, the only grouses about TATA cars, if at all, used to lack of finish quality, refinement etc.

now, going by the bashing they are receiving in the post Varun Roy era, it would seem they are the most unethical manufacturer ever.

This talk about TATAS ripping off customers was never EVER mentioned or implied before. Suddenly they are theives ?

I am not denying Mr.Varun Roy has had an extremely bad experience with his SUMO and his being a return customer makes it all the more unfortunate. His complaint is legit, and his anger justified.

But tell me which manufacturer in the WORLD has not manufactured a lemon every once in a while and which organisation has not failed in its customer satisfaction process flow once in a while. sometimes these things happen. its unfortunate, but it happens.

The TATAS are an institution in themselves and Ratan Tata is probably one of few and most respect worthy Indians ever.

Earlier, (I think a month or so ago) there was this thread on this forum about TATAS acting aggressively against dealers for lack of service and a case of some member's relative getting even a replacement new car.

But suddenly we have members talking about TATAS ripping off customers etc.

IMHO, this is extremely juvenile.
dude, i sent emails to 8 tata official addresses (none bounced back so I guess they received it) regarding varus's case (see varus post for my email) and it has been 4 days and there is no reply from any one yet ????? Not even acknowledgement that they are aware of this issue and addressing it ?

If they would have atleast sent me reply, I would have thought that yes they are here to listen to their paying customers. I would not trust the company who simply don't bother to response to customers emails.

I don't care whatever you say but this is very very bad business practice and I am going to stop my business with TATA group of companies. I had similar bad experience with TATA Indicom so i am sure TATA group is very poorly managed company. They need to learn some lessons in customer relations and after sales relations.
Max is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 16:47   #17
Max
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkollar
I don't think criticizing and pointing out how one feels let down because one was provided with a car that had niggling problems is equal to calling them un-ethical or cheats. At worst I'd call Tata Dealer/service network to be unprofessional and dis-organized.
And what they are doing about it ? Ignoring customer complains and just playing around with his hard earned money? Its not few thousands rupees car. Its damn 6+ lakhs rupees car and they are bound to stand behind it according to their warranty terms. What you have to say about it ? Is it not UN-ETHICAL to provide customer with faulty / damanged product and then ignore him on the grounds that they have 40 pages long warnnty agreement and they can only replace parts where it doesn't matter products work as intended or not. ???

Isn't it their responsibly to provide Varun with new car and take back that 1 faulty car and put it in steel melting machine ?? what it would cost them ??? Actually if you compare amount of salaries which all tata officials and its dealer network spent + bad publicity they are getting, its nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
WEll I wonder if you will bash maruti the same way if some here says maruti makes lemon cars.

Is is not easy to manufacture cars as having discussions here. Its costs money which totals in crores.

While this Mr. Roy case( I dunno the story) maybe genuine there are always such cases happening with each and every company.
Mr. Devarshi, I request you to first read thread here. First read the thread here

http://team-bhp.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8043

and then post your comments AGAIN. Its people like you with "chalta hai" like attitude who encourage big companies to do malpractice with their customers and take them for granted. Because they know no one is going to fight back with them because they are so big, so powerful nothing is going to hert them.

You are saying all this crap because it has not happen to you. I am 100% sure you would have felt very bad, if you had spent your hard earned money on your car and you was delivered with faulty product and was stranded when you decided to protest.

Dude, I really don't have any time to go in front of TATA Motors office and do some legal protest, so I am posting my comments here so that atleast people like you can wake up and help building better India. People wake up and don't ignore mal practices of any company. No matter its TATA or Maruti.

I am very sorry but I got very disappointed after seeing Varun post and I felt what I would have done if I was on his place? For sure, people like GTO and others must have helped but people like you would have suggested me to leave it and run ahead.

Old 13th November 2005, 18:07   #18
Senior - BHPian

I don't know what the issue is about, here.

First, Tata have bagged the excellence award for their Commercial Vehicle Unit. And they were chosen "for adopting a business excellence framework as a long-term strategy with a clear vision to drive improvements across the organisation". Now running a business, specifically an auto business encompasses many different aspects. Customer service is just one of them.

I understand the harrowing experience that Mr. Roy has had to go through. That is unfortunate and points to the sheer incompetence of the dealer and the people at Tata's service wing.

But for one person like him there are thousands of satisfied customers who have no complaints at all.

Enough and more has been said about Mr.Roy's case, and I am sure it has reached the right ears. Hopefully steps are being taken for redressal. So I feel the purpose of this forum in voicing and mobilising public opinion to the extent possible has been served.

There is therefore no need to keep on harping about how Tata is unethical or using any other choice expletives. Doing so is plain childish and hurts Team-BHP's image (remember the Scorpio thread) If you want to express solidarity with Mr. Roy, do so by all means in the relevant thread. Bad-mouthing them here serves no purpose.

Mods I request you to close this thread before it becomes a veritable warzone. This is a waste of everyone's time.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 18:21   #19
Senior - BHPian

actually thats not v accurate. Telco's (ok tata motors') commercial vehicles have a much more satisfied customer base than their cars etc. Part of the reason is also that for comm vehicles, the dealers are old, established and listen really well to the customers (repeat orders are a huge source of sales there, unlike the passenger car segment). In fact some inside the CV plant even say that telco's trucks are really designed by the customer directly Their warranties are much better on CVs (upto lakhs of kms in some cases) and the delaers also respect them way better.
The passenger car story, unfortunately so far, has been one of tremndously poor sales and after sales for a not-too-bad and continuously improving product. The production line has tightened up a lot, but the control over vendors and dealers/service stations is far from decent.
zenx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 18:39   #20
BHPian

Hats off to you Max. I am glad you think the way we do. You can help others only if you put yourself in their shoes. I am sure, if one had to go through this ordeal himself, he would have started a movement long back. When's one hard earned money is not in the picture, one can speak of other customers being satisfied. Would he have kept quiet or said "okay, it does happen once in a while", and accepted his fate? Exactly why India is in this state today. Max, a lot of people known to us have gone through various situations where they have been taken for a ride. ( not with Tata ) Their own family members ask them to keep quiet. We have helped them out of situations where there was no respite, and they were given their due.

People are missing the point here. The fight is against the harassment and injustice that we are going through. No doubt, Tatas have gone a long way in Automotives, but their total inacceptance of this defective piece only exposes their unprofessional approach towards customer satisfaction.

This thread discusses the achievements of Tatas so I don't see any reason why this issue too cannot be discussed here. I would agree with Ananthkamath if the vehicle in question was anything other than Tatas. Fine, they excelled in a particular field, and we should definitely congratulate them. But, if they were so keen on working towards excellence, then they have missed a very important opportunity to show one and all that they care. Doing this would have given them more mileage and customer support than the award they have received.
varunroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2005, 23:16   #21
BHPian

I personally don't think that it is being irresponsible bashing the TATAs-people who are requesting 'being reasonable' would probably change the tune if it were their own money in question. I am sure most of us can recall frustrations when the smallest of things turns out to be wrong with a new car. My dashboard rattles a bit-and I swear I'd sue the manufacturers if I could. If something like that frustrates me, I can empathize when the whole bloody car is crap.
zabcd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th November 2005, 01:51   #22
Max
BHPian

ananthkamath, I am NOT trying to be childish here. I just thrown my 2 cents because this thread was for excellence award for TATA's and I felt hkollar and devarshi84 are under estimating problems faced by consumer (Mr. Roy in this case) and they said its okay for big companies like TATA to take their customers for granted and get through it. It just freaked out my ego a bit, hence the post
Old 14th November 2005, 08:53   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunroy

This thread discusses the achievements of Tatas so I don't see any reason why this issue too cannot be discussed here.

But, if they were so keen on working towards excellence, then they have missed a very important opportunity to show one and all that they care. Doing this would have given them more mileage and customer support than the award they have received.
This thread is not so much about discussing achievements of the Tatas as much as it is about connecting two totally disparate issues. If their passenger car unit were to have received the award, maybe this discussion would have been justified.

Mods again I request you to close this thread as it will do nothing less than harm. One can clearly see where this thread is going and its not going to be pretty.
ananthkamath is offline   Reply With Quote