Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 5th November 2011, 21:41   #496
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011

Absolutely identical. Its the same greyish brown+beige combination.

I would have preferred the jet black and beige combo of the polo though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Is the dashboard color scheme different from that of the Vento, or is it identical?
bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th November 2011, 21:42   #497
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011

Liked everything in the interiors except the vents, somehow they don't belong in the cabin especially with everything else looking quite upmarket.

The car should do well if priced sensibly, and if it does well, will be interesting to see how Skoda handles the after-sales service since the volumes will be much higher in this segment when compared to the other segments where they compete.
Old 5th November 2011, 22:10   #498

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk
Liked everything in the interiors except the vents, somehow they don't belong in the cabin especially with everything else looking quite upmarket.

The car should do well if priced sensibly, and if it does well, will be interesting to see how Skoda handles the after-sales service since the volumes will be much higher in this segment when compared to the other segments where they compete.
I completely agree.. Morover, the lack of chrome, which is in vogue in India to give that upmarket look is almost absent in the interiors. IMHO it feels really plain-jane. I think, this product will only work, if there is a sizeable price difference as compared to Vento, possibly more than 75K.
Old 5th November 2011, 23:31   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karanraheja

+1 to that. I still prefer Vento's neat lines. One thing that will go Rapid's way is it will be tad cheaper than Vento and it has a middle variant with Driver Airbag and some more features. Vento badly needs a middle variant, the Trendline version is a sales dud !
+1 to that. I am not cancelling nor delaying the delivery of my vento tdi for the rapid launch. Rapid does look muscular but i think the vento's front suits the car more.
Old 6th November 2011, 00:23   #500
Distinguished - BHPian

Detailed features of all 3 variants, courtesy Motorbeam -

Skoda Rapid based on VW Vento begins production. Launch on 16th November, 2011-2011_skoda_rapid_33.jpg
RavenAvi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 01:45   #501
BHPian

A newbie question I guess, What all does the on board computer do? Gives out all the numbers in the MID?
Old 6th November 2011, 08:57   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Absolutely identical. Its the same greyish brown+beige combination.
Actually not. Let's play "spot the difference game" between the two car. Apart from the drive dynamics which official TD will reveal, here are the major distinguishing point vis-a-vis Vento

1. The dashboards darker shade is brown in Rapid. Vento has brey ( brown+grey).
2. Arm rest( front and rear) and Rear AC vents have brown shade. Vento has lighter beige.
3. The beige used here is itself little different than the one in Vento.
4. All chrome used in interior are bright glossy. Vento has interior chrome in matte finish.
5. Carpet is black. In Vento carpet is 'dirt-magnet' beige.
6. Steering, gear lever, instrument cluster are typical skoda elements.
7. The seat fabric used is same as that of Fabia. Which is bit different than in Vento.
8. All Back-lights inside , when one switch on the headlight, are green (Again typical Skoda). Vento's back-lights are red.
9. The HU has got Aux-in and SD card reader. Vento's HU ( the new one) has USB in. Old one had none.
10. Trunk cover has slanted character lines at lower side. The the lower portion here is infact totally different.
11. Tail-lights design is Skoda-ish. The fog and reverse light sits in middle. Vento's fog and reverse lamp are at the bottom.
12. Front is typically Face-lifted Fabia met to Vento. So the bonnet, fender, front indicators, bumper, headlights and fog are from Fabia.\
13. Middle variant is on offer. Vento has lower and the higher only.

There would be more points, I guess.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shome View Post
A newbie question I guess, What all does the on board computer do? Gives out all the numbers in the MID?
Yes.
ritzy is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 13:40   #503
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RavenAvi View Post
Detailed features of all 3 variants, courtesy Motorbeam -

Attachment 837678
Does it mean that middle variant has no cd/mp3 player? If yes then thats good news for me.
BTW I talked to a skoda SR yesterday and he said prices will be from 7 to 10lacs.The bookings will start from 16th and car deliveries should start as early as in Dec. or in Jan. 2012.
Old 6th November 2011, 16:22   #504
Senior - BHPian

The question that I responded to was whether the dashboard colour scheme is the same as in Vento. Nevertheless most of your points are valid differences between the two.

- Dashboard shade is the same as in Vento. Its just that chrome inserts in the vento are being replaced with glossy black finish. And the colour of beige is the same too.

Rest of all your observations are very right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post
Actually not. Let's play "spot the difference game" between the two car. Apart from the drive dynamics which official TD will reveal, here are the major distinguishing point vis-a-vis Vento

bala80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2011, 20:55   #505
Distinguished - BHPian

Rapid could be the first export of Skoda from India!

"This car is specifically designed for India and the launch will be the global launch for the car. At a later stage, it may be introduced in different markets across the world," Skoda Auto India Marketing Head Tarun Jha said. "

Skoda may start exports from India with Rapid sedan - The Economic Times
Old 7th November 2011, 00:32   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ritzy View Post

2. Arm rest( front and rear) and Rear AC vents have brown shade. Vento has lighter beige.
4. All chrome used in interior are bright glossy. Vento has interior chrome in matte finish.
5. Carpet is black. In Vento carpet is 'dirt-magnet' beige.
6. Steering, gear lever, instrument cluster are typical skoda elements.
7. The seat fabric used is same as that of Fabia. Which is bit different than in Vento.
8. All Back-lights inside , when one switch on the headlight, are green (Again typical Skoda). Vento's back-lights are red.
9. The HU has got Aux-in and SD card reader. Vento's HU ( the new one) has USB in. Old one had none.
10. Trunk cover has slanted character lines at lower side. Theo the lower portion here is infact totally different.
11. Tail-lights design is Skoda-ish. The fog and reverse light sits in middle. Vento's fog and reverse lamp are at the bottom.
12. Front is typically Face-lifted Fabia met to Vento. So the bonnet, fender, front indicators, bumper, headlights and fog are from Fabia.\
13. Middle variant is on offer. Vento has lower and the higher only.

There would be more points, I guess.

Yes.
Condone man; these differences areonly there because of difference in the vendors and cutting the cost by using same theme across all models. I person ally think its the Same car
Old 7th November 2011, 04:20   #507
BHPian

http://www.zigwheels.com/reviews-adv...-drive/10412/2 this review says that the suspension of rapid is softer than that of vento.
Old 7th November 2011, 08:43   #508
Senior - BHPian

Do the Rapid headlights also have "Rapid" written on the little chromed plastic bit on the inside? Like the Laura, Superb and Yeti do, and I think even the Fabia has it. Was the "new" Skoda thing a couple of years ago.

Personally, I like the Vento nose better. Though the Rapid is not bad, it just doesn't go with the sides of the car. Skodas don't have the crease line along the side like the Vento, and that doesn't align with the nose too well. Them highlighting the boot "character lines" is pretty silly, as if Skoda is trying to point out how different this car is to the Vento, and finding so little themselves.
Old 7th November 2011, 09:07   #509
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeluM View Post
Do the Rapid headlights also have "Rapid" written on the little chromed plastic bit on the inside? Like the Laura, Superb and Yeti do, and I think even the Fabia has it. Was the "new" Skoda thing a couple of years ago.

Fabia headlights do not have the name etched, unlike Skoda's other offerings presently. I doubt Rapid will either, as the headlights are a ditto Fabia.

Personally, I like the Vento nose better. Though the Rapid is not bad, it just doesn't go with the sides of the car. Skodas don't have the crease line along the side like the Vento, and that doesn't align with the nose too well. Them highlighting the boot "character lines" is pretty silly, as if Skoda is trying to point out how different this car is to the Vento, and finding so little themselves.
+1 to that. The idea clearly is to maximise reach by using their combined dealership network, so hardly any change from the Vento. A more straight linish than those Fabia bean-bag headlights would've changed the character completely.
Old 7th November 2011, 19:21   #510
Senior - BHPian

I'd say we feel so because the vento came in first and we have got used to the way it looks now. Imagine if Rapid had come before the vento, we would have appreciated it much better.
Closed Thread