Senior - BHPian

The carwale report is out!
Fiat Linea T-Jet Road Test - Photos - CarWale
Old 22nd September 2010, 08:08   #272
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
"Flat 11.14 seconds"
I don't want to start a FIAT vs Honda debate, but i for one feel Linea with better handling and ride and faster to 100 (11.14sec for 0-100km/h is better than that of Honda City 11.40sec) is a step forward for FIAT. Add to that the out right beauty of the Linea.

Game on...
Old 22nd September 2010, 09:13   #273
BHPian

Finally this car is out. The new golden color looks quite smashing and the ARAI fuel efficiency figures too look excellent. Its great to know that 0-100 timings are better or at par with the City and I am sure with the torque at hand 20-80 and 40-100 figures will be much better too. So can we expect even more discounts on the City now?
Old 22nd September 2010, 12:45   #274
BHPian

the carwale review talks about fiat walking the whole mile to deliver true blue experience to buyers. now, lets hope that actually happens! and that they shower some love on the interiors of other e-pack variants too!

I SOO wish this baby was a 1.6 diesel!

GTO, let' see when you get your hands on it. and i honestly hope this one shores up your opinion about linea/fiat

Last edited by BuRnT RuBbEr : 22nd September 2010 at 12:46.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:15   #275
BHPian

Carwale has covered T-Jet pretty well picture-wise like Yeti, but I personally feel its not any outstanding car power-wise and fit and finish wise for the price in its segment, which may not be much different from M-Jet. This is what Linea Petrol should have been from the outset, but like how Fiat does always, better late than never (remember the under-powered 1.2 Sienna which deserved the 1.6L engine all the while but only launched just before Palio?).

The review mentions it to be the first turbo petrol in its segment, but there is Laura to take that crown. Fast on its heels is the speculated Cruze petrol, which slots comfortably in between Laura and Linea if and when launched price-wise, which may not be much later than early next year.

What could have made this Linea outstanding was the 6 speed transmission it comes with generally worldwide and the power in the region of 120 to 130 bhp. Eagerly waiting for more drives and especially from GTO.
Old 22nd September 2010, 13:23   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.anand View Post
The review mentions it to be the first turbo petrol in its segment, but there is Laura to take that crown.
The Laura is in a Different Segment altogether, it is not right to compare the Linea with Laura.

Yes, the Linea is the First Turbo Petrol Sedan in its Segment, it competes with the Honda City, Vento, Verna, Fiest & SX4.

BTW, the Crown of the First Turbo Petrol Sedan in India (not considering any segment) goes to the Skoda RS Petrol, IIRC.

Last edited by sharma_sanjeevi : 22nd September 2010 at 13:25.
Old 22nd September 2010, 14:23   #277
BHPian

^^@sharma_sanjeevi, agreed its Octavia RS indeed. Don't know why it slipped my mind.

Also agreed there exists a segment difference but a 11L car to 15.5L one (speculative on-road prices, Bangalore) is not too far off unlike something like City to BMW or Benz or even Accord which are a whole lot different IMO. Cruze turbo-petrol can potentially be a very big party spoiler for Linea and City segment as well as Civic, Altis and Laura segment when launched. Size-wise if one compares, Linea is not too far-off from Altis, Cruze, Civic and Laura but these cars pack more finesse, power and refinement to justify the extra cost. They are just cross-segment cars is my whole point.
Old 22nd September 2010, 15:13   #278
BANNED

Quote:
Size-wise if one compares, Linea is not too far-off from Altis, Cruze, Civic and Laura but these cars pack more finesse, power and refinement to justify the extra cost. They are just cross-segment cars is my whole point.
11lacs and 15.5lacs= difference of 4.5lacs. If a company has 4.5lacs extra to spend on a car, then I'm sure Fiat Linea can give tough competition to Laura. But, Fiat has to keep it at a far lower price tag.
Fiat (Linea) has provided one of the longest cars in the mid size sedan segment.
Yes, Linea is longer than Altis, Octavia, Jetta.
But, size alone does not justifies comparing Linea with these cars.
The comparison should be restricted on the basis of price tag only.
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:28   #279
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Carwale has covered T-Jet pretty well picture-wise like Yeti, but I personally feel its not any outstanding car power-wise and fit and finish wise for the price in its segment, which may not be much different from M-Jet.
And you say this without seeing the car in person let alone driving it???

Quote:
The review mentions it to be the first turbo petrol in its segment, but there is Laura to take that crown. Fast on its heels is the speculated Cruze petrol, which slots comfortably in between Laura and Linea if and when launched price-wise, which may not be much later than early next year.
Cruze and Laura... we are talking a different segment here.

Quote:
What could have made this Linea outstanding was the 6 speed transmission it comes with generally worldwide and the power in the region of 120 to 130 bhp. Eagerly waiting for more drives and especially from GTO.
With almost as much torque as the diesel Corolla and more power and being a petrol, I dont really think it needs a 6 speed transmission.
Old 22nd September 2010, 16:44   #280
BHPian

Guys,

The ACI link for T-Jet is up@ Linea T-Jet review, test drive | Autocar India.

Although ACI is my fav mag; and the one that I remotely trust, I will want to wait for our own GTO to do us some favours GTO, is the drive on or are you guys planning to give this a skip?

ACI says 12.0 sec 0-100. From a car that is all about performance, I may be left wanting. But then I haven't driven one myself to pass judgement. Anyway, I generally believe that most journos tend to give ANHC an invincible feel.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 22nd September 2010 at 16:47.
Old 22nd September 2010, 17:01   #281
BANNED

different ppl have different ways of driving....i am waiting for CNB show review and times drive are fiat fan boys...i think auto car is more about back seat driving of cars. I have spoken to fiat ppl and T-jet might be available for TD in 1st week of oct in delhi. I have held my diesel purchase till then. I so much wanted MJD 1.6, but i will pick and chose between T-jet and MJD if prices remain almost similar.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:04   #282
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I personally feel its not any outstanding car power-wise and fit and finish wise for the price in its segment, which may not be much different from M-Jet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Guys,
ACI says 12.0 sec 0-100. From a car that is all about performance, I may be left wanting.
Extremely well said both of you.
Looks like fiat has messed up yet again.
Still waiting for GTO;s review for the final word.

This is how it stands.
Forget VW diesel. Even the Honda city fares better in each and every aspect of performance.
This is what the autocar says.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp New Bitmap Image.bmp (230.0 KB, 232 views)
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:41   #283
Senior - BHPian

Its no point drawing to conclusions when the car hasnt been launched yet.
I personally feel its a good move on fiats front to do this staged launch.It shows they have recognised the need to get their services right,and want to fine tune it with smaller volumes to begin with.
Wish fiat all the best in making the T-jet a success,and i hope they work hard to get everything right and reward the so many fiat fans(and a new ownwers) in this country with a onwership experience which they deserve.
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:58   #284
Senior - BHPian

Phew, i am visiting team bhp after some months and right away i see this post on T-Jet. feelig very nice!

from Fiat Linea T-Jet Road Test - Fighter Jet (contd...) - CarWale

Quote:
Showrooms will be renovated to offer a premium brand experience, and the customers will be received by a well-trained executive – a hostess – who will walk them through the product features apart from offering them Italian Coffee – for a truly Italian experience! The customer will also get a test drive of approximately 5kms which will include an open stretch of 1km, so that they can experience the power and torque of the T-Jet engine. Fiat India will also make its customers feel special post the purchase of their T-Jet, by sending them a special bottle of wine delivered to their home in a special Fiat Wine case!
now this is interesting move i must say. I sincerely hope FIAT succeeds this time by winning confidence of customers.
Also, long back I remember reading here, this detuned petrol turbo can be unlocked easily to get 120 bhp

PS: Hope FIAT won't forget existing FIAT customers!
Old 22nd September 2010, 19:59   #285
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Its no point drawing to conclusions when the car hasnt been launched yet.
Well said Buddy I also think we should reserve the comments till the actual reviews are out & some of our members take a Test Drive.

Wish FIAT Good Luck this time. I think they have a Very Good Product in their hands, now its upto them, how they plan to Market it & make it a success story for them.
Closed Thread