Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 9th October 2010, 12:34   #601
BANNED

Video of T-Jet launch.
Old 9th October 2010, 12:36   #602
BANNED

@crazyro- I think they have covered themselves by calling it introductory prices so that they should be able to increase the price in future, if required but I don't think they would want to increase it any further. Because this time they have chosen the specs carefully rather than becoming over enthusiastic (e.g. removing alloys from T-Jet to keep the price tag under a certain limit.)

It is important that they highlight the unique features(16" alloys with all 4 disc brakes, give Blue&Me demo on TV ADs, besides other features like Climate Control etc) like other manufacturers. Every Nissan AD in TV or newspaper talks of the i-Key. I don't think many people know how Punto/Linea's Microsoft Blue&Me even works on the other hand. For them it is just a Bluetooth system which is present in so many other cars.

Last edited by PaddleShifter : 9th October 2010 at 12:38.
Old 9th October 2010, 12:45   #603
Awaiting Email Confirmation

The two-page ad in today's ToI [Mumbai edition] is very innovative. Just by focussing our mobile camera to the Linea T-Jet QR Code at the bottom of the ad after sending an sms, we can download two pdf [FE and brochure]. Let us wait and see how this innovation turns into increased numbers for Fiat Linea.
Old 9th October 2010, 12:50   #604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaddleShifter View Post
@crazyro- I think they have covered themselves by calling it introductory prices so that they should be able to increase the price in future, if required but I don't think they would want to increase it any further. Because this time they have chosen the specs carefully rather than becoming over enthusiastic (e.g. removing alloys from T-Jet to keep the price tag under a certain limit.)

It is important that they highlight the unique features(16" alloys with all 4 disc brakes, give Blue&Me demo on TV ADs, besides other features like Climate Control etc) like other manufacturers. Every Nissan AD in TV or newspaper talks of the i-Key. I don't think many people know how Punto/Linea's Microsoft Blue&Me even works on the other hand. For them it is just a Bluetooth system which is present in so many other cars.
@PaddleShifter I hope you are right, any price increase would spell disaster IMHO. This is a great product, we have a fight on our hand City/Vento/T-Jet. Next two month sale figures would be really interesting.
Old 9th October 2010, 13:09   #605
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
The two-page ad in today's ToI [Mumbai edition] is very innovative. Just by focussing our mobile camera to the Linea T-Jet QR Code at the bottom of the ad after sending an sms, we can download two pdf [FE and brochure]. Let us wait and see how this innovation turns into increased numbers for Fiat Linea.
Ford Figo advertisements have this from Day1 IIRC.
Old 9th October 2010, 13:33   #606
Awaiting Email Confirmation

The new Linea is quite the heavy car at 1230Kg its heavier than even the Diesel variant at 1210Kg. Also did you all notice that 170mm GC is only avalible in 1.4 T-Jet Plus Petrol and not in the non Plus.

Fiat India

Overall a ok enough package, the Linea Emotion Pk costs around 7.7Lac and the T-Jet costs 8.8Lac a difference of 1.1Lac for which you get a much better engine and other bits like the soft interiors for one. For comparison sake the Honda City starts from 8.2Lac and ends at 10.3Lac and Vento Highline Petrol costs Rs 8.23 lakh cant really compare the Trendline to the TJet.

What is needed is a compressive review on the TJet, a correct 0-100 figure along with FE. The main reasons why i wanted to buy a diesel car was for the torque now that such engines also have comparable torque i am interested.
Old 9th October 2010, 14:01   #607
BHPian

Now wait for GTO review. GTO in your test drive, please include/compare all the variant from Linea - Diesel, Non-turbo 1.4 Petrol and TJet.
Old 9th October 2010, 14:14   #608
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawan_pullarwar View Post
Now wait for GTO review. GTO in your test drive, please include/compare all the variant from Linea - Diesel, Non-turbo 1.4 Petrol and TJet.
That would be the most skewed comparison in my opinion.

On what basis will you compare ?
Old 9th October 2010, 14:36   #609
GSM
BHPian

What is this "ridiculing" of Petrol / Diesel Sedan comparo all about? Admittedly, there are few buyers who are only keen on Petrol, and there are few keen only on Diesel. There are others as well, who would consider both before taking a decision. I am one such person. Though I am not planning any car purchase in the next six months, thereafter, I would definitely look at Vento Diesel / Linea TJet to either replace / in addition to my Palio. I know my boss is like me, and my friend is still wondering whether to go for i20 1.4 Automatic or CRDI.

Please guys, its a public forum and such passive bullying isn't what we need. And, we are seriously off topic.

The prices of Tjet is more than Emotion Pack, but without Alloys. I seriously doubt if Tjet variant would do any better in sales. The Tjet Plus is what would sell more than the Tjet, followed by the regular 1.4 Fire Emotion Pack.

I am literally dying for an unbiased review on the Tjet. Hope that it gets launched here at Chennai by atleast Pongal / Sankranthi time, for me to have atleast have a test drive. Sad state. I am interested in Vento Diesel, and Tjet Petrol, and both are not available at Chennai. If only Chennai was near Delhi.
Old 9th October 2010, 14:37   #610
BHPian

I'm just back from the test drive of the Tjet+ at Pune... They only had the Tjet+ on display and test-drive.

No doubt, the weaknesses of Linea's past have been eliminated, though the interiors exude the same tackiness despite the "Italian leather". The leather steering wheel does not benefit from the leather treatment... and there's no sign of the "soft" interiors mentioned in the advertisement (the agent told me there is no difference in the interiors between the variants). The thin seat belts really are disappointing. Ok... I'm being too cruel there - the interiors do seem better than the impression I have of the Linea from over a year ago.

By the time I left the showroom, I was told they had some bookings of the Tjet. (I've not booked one yet... as they were not giving any discounts).

In conclusion, I could live with a Linea Tjet+.
Old 9th October 2010, 15:02   #611
gou
BHPian

Default prices in bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkbkr1212 View Post
Quote:
Fiat launches its next generation Linea T- Jet redefining the luxury & performance benchmark in the C plus segment

Ex-showroom Delhi:
T Jet Rs. 8.55 lacs
T Jet Plus Rs.8.99 lacs

Ex-showroom Mumbai:
T Jet Rs. 8.84 lacs
T Jet Plus Rs.9.29 lacs
In Bangalore the prices of the above two will be further high. On top of that add obscene road tax which has to be paid here.
The cost of T-Jet Plus will definitely be > ANHC.

Did Fiat again make a mistake on pricing aspects?( Everything else looks fabulous, at least the features.) Hope not.
One will have to wait and see.
Earlier thought was that Vento and Linea T-Jet will give Honda a run for their money resulting in better choices for customer.
Today in TOI there was a special edition Honda advertisment. Can Japs start thinking of withdrawing all these special edition cars or at least the ads for their cars after seeing Linea prices? Hope not
I and one of my friend (prospective Tjet buyer) also thought the same. But you look at the current ex-showroom prices, prices in Bangalore are cheaper than Mumbai. They are are nearer to Delhi prices. So in base of base model where the difference in price is 30k between Delhi and Mumbai, the difference in price between Delhi and Bangalore is 7k.

Considering this, I expect the expect the ex showroom price in Bangalore roughly as:
T Jet ~ Rs. 8.62 lacs
T Jet Plus ~ Rs. 9.06 lacs

But as you mentioned the obscene road tax here, on road prices in Bangalore will be higher than that of Mumbai.

I guess the on road prices in Bangalore would be roughly around:
T Jet ~ Rs. 10.25 lacs
T Jet Plus Rs. 10.7 lacs
Old 9th October 2010, 18:26   #612
JVH
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by UKR View Post

Any specific reason why you think Vento would be cheaper to maintain? On the contrary, I think Vento maintenance will be costliest, as it is coming from the Skoda stable. This I think would be the same regarding *** attitude also, especially since we have feedback now in the forum itself.
What I meant was the customer perception of the car being a diesel. We don't know the maintenance cost yet since its early days.

What bothers me is - if the engine is imported, what strategy FIAT will or have adopted to train the mechanics? If it is the usual replace instead of repair, won't the parts beome costlier too?
Old 9th October 2010, 18:57   #613
BHPian

Man, 10.7 for T-jet plus is dangerously close or over city. City has always been criticized for over pricing. I am not sure how many will settle with MJD instead.I think Fiat bringing a badge value with T-jet plus.This is the first time where a petrol variant is priced higher than a diesel. Am i wrong ?

Fiat is bringing in one more car priced around 20L. once again to bring premium label to it.I do not recall the name. Can someone try ?
Old 9th October 2010, 19:19   #614
BHPian

Quote:
Man, 10.7 for T-jet plus is dangerously close or over city. City has always been criticized for over pricing. I am not sure how many will settle with MJD instead.I think Fiat bringing a badge value with T-jet plus.This is the first time where a petrol variant is priced higher than a diesel. Am i wrong ?
Thats right, many will settle for MJD. I thinks its for the first time that Petrol Variant is expensive than Diesel, to me T-jet can sell around 100-150 units per month max.

Linea Dynamic Petrol: 7.25 L
Linea Emotion Petrol: 7.96 L
Linea MJD Dynamic : 8.31 L
Linea MJD Emotion : 8.80 L
Linea T-Jet : Expected price 9.4L (Normal T-Jet, not the T-Jet Plus)

All Prices OTR, Ahmedabad, After all cash Discounts, no discounts taken on T-jet
Old 9th October 2010, 20:43   #615
BHPian

Question T-jet effect

I went to RF motors service center in Cochin today. Now they have exclusive service center catering to FIAT Cars in a separate compound. Is this Fiat getting ready for launching T-jet? But when I enquired about T-jet, the chap there hasn't even heard about it asked to check with the sales team
Closed Thread