Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 29th July 2010, 12:46   #61
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACM View Post
The overall top model specs (engine + features + size + tyres) of boths T-jet versions beat most variants of the City, Civic, Laura, Corolla, Cruz, Jetta, Vento, Verna especially when combined with the potential pricing of definately being within 1L of the current top end model. Interior quality will of course be similar to the current Linea - not the best but not too bad, and definately better than the punto and also excellent in some aspects.

Should set the charts on fire (at least a candle flame compared to the current agarbati glow it has for sales).

Neat info timing Sid
I read in an interview of Rajiv Kapoor, (i think in BS Motoring) that the top end linea being introduced will be 30000 expensive than the current model.

The current top end disel model sells at 8.7L Ex show room price. So, they are targeting around 9L ex showroom for Linea T-jet, which is bang in the territory of Honday City.

It will be an interesting fight.
Old 29th July 2010, 12:47   #62
CPH
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post

4) SX4 is 1210 kg with 14.8 kgm of torque. Linea petrol is 1240 kg with 11.7 kgm of torque. Linea diesel is 1290 kg with 20.7 kgm of torque. Linea diesel has got good drive ability.

Secondly, apart from how much, its also matter of where the torque is produced. High torque from around 2.5K rpm will help Linea IMO. And the added power in the top end means high speed cruising would be now much easier.

But I am yet to actually drive the T-Jet.
On paper it doesn't look bad, but in practise I was not convinced. But then we have the 1.9 turbo Diesel over here and after playing a bit with it I am used to at over 430Nm. One of the 1.9s we got to 610Nm, which is serious torque.

With AIR and re-map we get the T-jets to about 270Nm and holding it longer and power depending on ECU generation between 150 and 165bhp.

The 150 turbo, which is a direct replacement power can be increased to 185 and over 300Nm (torque band is quite good)with AIR and re-map. This is where it starts getting interesting.

Still I would rather see the 1.6 TD in it
Old 29th July 2010, 14:10   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
4) SX4 is 1210 kg with 14.8 kgm of torque. Linea petrol is 1240 kg with 11.7 kgm of torque. Linea diesel is 1290 kg with 20.7 kgm of torque. Linea diesel has got good drive ability.
The Driveability and real world performance also depends on the gearing, Fiat India is known for royally messing the gear ratios.

On paper both Europeon and Indian Punto MJD have the the Power and Torque figures, but you will be shocked to know the performance difference, Culprit = Poor choice of gear ratios+Palio based GB.
Old 29th July 2010, 15:59   #64
BHPian

What's the mileage of the Euro & Brazilian Lineas? Maybe the Indian versions are messed up to give the best possible mileage.
Old 31st July 2010, 02:38   #65
Senior - BHPian

This seems like the answer to many looking to replace their GTX / Fiesta 1.6 and so on, and many like me who wish they could move on to a nice, fast petrol sedan with excellent dynamics and steering (sorry, Honda!).

The only thing that would stop me is the service network. Tata may have saved Fiat from closing down in India (and seem to have got a lifetime supply of engines from them in return), but even after the Tata-Fiat JV, the technical competence (and in some cases, the commitment) to maintain such beauties is simply not there. Not to mention the Tata-Fiat parts suppliers giving such great quality (pun intended). Poor plastics one can live with, but what about poor quality critical parts?

Would I buy one if I could afford it? Maybe after waiting for a couple of years. But then, even after almost 20 months, the Linea / GP scene is still iffy as far as maintenance issues are concerned.
Old 31st July 2010, 06:49   #66
Senior - BHPian

Important Question, Are we by any chance getting a T-Jet Punto? Sticking to topic, This car will not set any chart on fire ,rather will do meager numbers in month. The prospective linea buyer will still go for the MJD.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:21   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
(disclaimer: Specifications and equipment may be subject to alteration.)
Fiat Linea T-Jet

Colours
  • cool jazz blue (specific to t-jet)**
  • fox trot azure
  • tuscan wine
  • bossa nova white
  • hip hop black
  • flamenco red
  • medium grey***
  • minimal grey***
**will be confirmed at launch time.
***not yet finalized.
1. Why this "cool jaaz blue" is only for T-jet. Why not for existing 1.3 D & 1.4 P Lineas also?
2. If the c j blue is launched, can I make a special request to FIAT for custom color in 1.4 Petorl active version?
3. Is this the same blue color which was displayed during Autoexpo2010 at Delhi?
Plz discuss on this forum.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:24   #68
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nvkale2 View Post
1. Why this "cool jaaz blue" is only for T-jet. Why not for existing 1.3 D & 1.4 P Lineas also?
2. If the c j blue is launched, can I make a special request to FIAT for custom color in 1.4 Petorl active version?
3. Is this the same blue color which was displayed during Autoexpo2010 at Delhi?
Plz discuss on this forum.
1. and 2. can be answered only by Fiat India.

We need to wait till the launch for exact specifications.
Old 31st July 2010, 23:30   #69
Senior - BHPian

cool jazz blue linea= (pics from motorbeam and Indian autos blog)
Attached Images

Old 1st August 2010, 02:00   #70
BHPian

200NM of torque ! Sounds quiet interesting. The Linea may have a heavier chassis, but still the pulling power should be awesome, a welcome departure from the current linea. The cool jazz blue looks pleasant. But i liked the Grey alloys the black Linea (Brazilian spec) sports.
Old 1st August 2010, 13:54   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by theragingbull View Post
Wow...the Brazilian Linea looks so well built all together! Heck, why are always Indian-spec cars compromised?!?
In brazil fiat dont have a jv with tata . Its evident in fit and finish and plastic quality.Built quality is way ahead of indian version
Old 1st August 2010, 23:10   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cijo View Post
In brazil fiat dont have a jv with tata . Its evident in fit and finish and plastic quality.Built quality is way ahead of indian version
Kindly enlighten us about your definition of "built quality". A blanket statement like the one you've made doesn't say anything, if you are only talking about plastic quality, then take into account the price of the T-jet in Brazil as well (as someone said, it costs 18Lakhs on conversion).
Old 1st August 2010, 23:30   #73
BHPian

we don't know the tax structure there. much of it might be tax
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:13   #74
BHPian

With this kind of Power/Performance if it manages to extract a good Fuel Efficiency then I believe it will give a good competition to cars like Honda, Altis, Cruze etc.

Though service and build quality could play a spoil sport for them.
Old 2nd August 2010, 00:13   #75
BHPian

They should also launch an automatic transmission and also the same engine in the punto would be great.
Closed Thread