Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 28th October 2015, 08:15   #76
BHPian

Default Re: That one thing which strikes a chord in your heart...always!

These strike a chord at my heart -

>. the sight of my Grande Punto, those really well crafted & timeless design which is testimony of Guigiaro's genius.
It stands-out so well from crowd even to this day despite all the contemporary lurid competition the Koreans have
been spewing (no offence meant here)

>. go-kart like Fiat HPS - it's simply out-standing and a dying breed. The more I drive it, the more obsessed I grow
over the steering & the more repulsive I grow of all those over-served EPS plaguing our markets
tabrez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 10:49   #77
BHPian

Revving an NA petrol engine all the way to its redline, with an FFE, in every gear
with the windows DOWN!
That definitely strikes a chord in my heart :-D
kkkkkaran is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 11:08   #78
Senior - BHPian

I drive a Swift Diesel and what makes my heart go absolutely ballistic is how the turbo spools and leaves those N/A guys thinking 'What got into this guy suddenly'? Secondly the way she takes corners even when the accelerator is pinned down is just crazy. Although I stopped driving fast, but whenever I am alone with the car and on the Kasara Ghats, I do have my little fun and it makes me want to do it again and again and again and again raised to N
humyum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 11:30   #79
BHPian

The smile that is plastered on my face when I floor the accelerator and let the turbo push me back into my seat in 2nd gear, 20-60 kph.

Adrenaline rush unlike anything else on my fluidic Verna CRDi 😁

Sent from my iPhone using Team-BHP
drhoneycake is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 13:59   #80
BHPian

The sound of our (around 20 year old i guess) Bajaj Chetak been revved before turning the handle to engage the first gear !!
Dieselritzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 17:32   #81
BHPian

Have been driving quick diesel cars from last 7 years.
What I miss the most is old lazy diesels in my Toyota Qualis and Tata Sierra. They surely felt more involving to drive.
Also, in my P220 I used to love the low end torque in 4th gear and chugging near 2K rpm mark.
sudeep.pandya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 17:38   #82
BHPian

For me it's the music from the engine of the new Honda City Petrol. The way the engine sounds post 2500-3000 rpm is just awesome. Performance is literally like a sleeping tiger who was waiting for a prey and is now running after it roaring and running as fast as possible!
avdhesh15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 17:54   #83
BHPian

Each time I see a Thar on the road. "I will own one, someday".
asingh1977 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 19:54   #84
Senior - BHPian

Things that strike a chord for me:

1. The characteristic "burnt" smell you get when you drive a 2-stroke bike hard and then stop, switch it off.
2. The ticking sound of the all aluminium block of the carb Zen/Esteem as it cools off after being driven hard.
3. The whine - not turbo, gearbox whine - in a Premier Padmini. Reminds me of countless journeys in Bombay cabs, and the first time I ever hit 100kmph
4. Every time I take a corner in my Figo, the feel of the steering and chassis, transports me to a different, blissful place.
KiloAlpha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 19:54   #85
BHPian

Talking Re: That one thing which strikes a chord in your heart...always!

Pure Keyless Go! Oh the utter convenience!

Walk up to the car, watch as the mirrors unfold, press the request senor, unlock the car and slide into the seat. No more fumbling around looking for the slot behind the steering column to put the ignition key in. Depress clutch, and press a blue backlit button to fire up the engine. Job done!

All parked up in your garage and time to go home? Simple! Press the Start/Stop button again, doors unlock automatically, get out, press the request sensor to lock the car, and just walk away! Key? What key! Oh, you mean the key fob that has been sitting in my pocket/laptop bag from day one? Yeah, times have changed. Meesa doesn't want to use a key anymore
sourav9385 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2015, 20:35   #86
BHPian

1. 5 persons and a boatload of luggage in boot@40 kmph in my optra magnum - downshift and floor the accelerator -devilish torque & never ending pull making me pass even 5 -6 vehicles at a go !!

2. Silent cruising at 110 kmph@2250 rpm in my optra magnum on butter smooth highways.

3. The wide stance of the sculpted back and clear,timeless side view - never missed turning back and admire my magnum after walking up a few metres.

These are things always strike a chord in my heart ,

And a similar thing in my vento is,

1. Straight line "German" stability at good triple digit speeds on flat expressways !!
printh is offline   Reply With Quote