Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 18th August 2010, 17:48   #16

Originally Posted by vrprabhu View Post
Oh! I interpreted it as a new car. Because, Panda is an existing model and thought that they will simply mention that they will launch their models from existing range....
Looking at their complete model range (Fiat Automobiles - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia), the Panda does look the most likely candidate to be launched in India. I see the Palio/Stile being phased out.

Originally Posted by atrisarkar View Post
IMO a scenario where FIAT has exclusive dealerships in the tier 1 cities and joint dealership for tier 2 and 3 cities would have been ideal for FIAT.
+1 to that

EDIT: @Himanshu: Yes, the new Uno is nothing but a no frills version of the Panda, launched in South America recently.

Last edited by PhrozenFire : 18th August 2010 at 17:55.
PhrozenFire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2010, 18:49   #17

Great news... I'm told that Fiat is planning to launch a rash of new models in the market apart from the small car. Also, they are looking to expand this engine business - they have already indicated a willingness to provide engines to JLR once the contract with Ford expires in 2012.
acidkill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2010, 19:40   #18

Originally Posted by vasanthn21 View Post
Thank God for TATAs, else we would have to see the back of FIAT!
Totally agree. You are 100% correct.

Let us all hope the current management will put the company into "attack" mode by launching more variants within a reasonable time-frame and of course one or two new models. The best and often the only possible way to keep prospective customers interested is a product launch or re-launch.

They should also increase the budget for advertising.
sandeepmdas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th August 2010, 00:16   #19

It is nice to read that FIAT is selling more cars since the introduction of Linea and Punto. It is my dream to see FIAT on Indian roads after every 1 out of 4 cars by 2015 and every alternate car by 2020.
Best of luck FIAT India! Keep it up!

Last edited by Fiat&Me : 28th August 2010 at 00:18.
Fiat&Me is offline   Reply With Quote