Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2010, 10:23   #76
GTO
Team-BHP Support
 
GTO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Bombay
Posts: 47,696
Thanked: 89,106 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher View Post
Simple. I never buy cars with a long or even a reasonably long waiting period.
And I buy pre-worshipped . Hence, delivery is processed the minute I'm ready with my $$$. Zero waiting period.

Quote:
The sales guy had the guts to tell me that he was pre-occupied and hence couldn't inform me.
90 out of 100 car salesmen are idiots. Don't let this poor sales experience take the joy of a new car away from you. Focus on the car, and the car only! Wish you a fab ownership.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 10:33   #77
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: -
Posts: 4,705
Thanked: 3,845 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Buy a car that has flopped and enjoy it.
sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 10:42   #78
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Chennai
Posts: 393
Thanked: 110 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Bought a vento on august 21 - still waiting!
acidkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2010, 12:00   #79
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Sheel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Purnea(Bihar)
Posts: 5,202
Thanked: 4,808 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedreamcatcher
Simple. I never buy cars with a long or even a reasonably long waiting period. If it is something like a month or so, we always pull strings and get it faster. Got all my cars in 3 days max. ;-)

Pulling strings and being aggressively demanding has always worked for me
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
And I buy pre-worshipped . Hence, delivery is processed the minute I'm ready with my $$$. Zero waiting period.
I can't have this luxury as I am staying in a small place.


Quote:
90 out of 100 car salesmen are idiots. Don't let this poor sales experience take the joy of a new car away from you. Focus on the car, and the car only! Wish you a fab ownership.
Thanks for your words, it made me feel better

Update:--
Have sent them a scanned copy of the Demand Draft assuring them that I am ready with the amount to be paid and have requested him to get my Car out of the show-room and park it (shaded/covered) where no one would touch it.
In the mean while I am trying to get in touch with people who would go personally and cross-check the same. (Have managed to trace a guy in whose place the showroom is rented and hoping for the best and hope my friend does call up the GM)
Sheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 16:24   #80
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,426 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

The Curios Case of Toyota Innova Waiting Period.

As we have ( I will quickly try to make it had ) decided on Innova to replace Baleno, today me and dad visited East Africa Toyota and Narmada Toyota ( the two dealers in Vadodara ).

East Africa Toyota :
Innova Waiting period = 6 months minimum.

Narmada Toyota :
Innova Waiting Period = 8 months
Per month they get :
Innova = 20-25
Fortuner = 1.

Narmada Toyota gets only 1 Fortuner per month !!!!!

I am not able to digest this, toyota manufactures 4000 Innova per month to the best of my knowledge. Sales is more or less equal to that with a few hundred here or there. And only one Fortuner for a dealer ? If transparency is to be maintained, the allocation should be as per the booking number. Is this happening ?

My views :
Why so much waiting period ?
How is transparency maintained for waiting period ?
How is allocation done ?

Toyota clearly is behaving badly.
Called in at their toll free number :

Me : Can you tell me waiting period for Innova ?
Ans : I will give you contact nos. of Vadodara dealers.

Me : I already had visited both showrooms, they said computerized waiting number is generated, so what is the system ?
Ans : Dealer is the right person to answer this, whatever dealer says is correct.

How to Interpret :
There is no system for waiting and anybody can do malpractice in this.
Waiting period of 8 months and allocation of units is fishy.

I am now convincing dad for SX4D or to continue with Baleno.
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 18:10   #81
BHPian
 
ariendj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 503
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

my latest experiencing with our second car at home:
planned for a cheaper automatic and squared on the Astar..
waiting period was 40 days,went the second day to book if dates were earlier..
the dealer rep did everything to push us to get a manual Astar..
got fed up,said i would decide and let them know.
went to chevy dealer..TDed the Beat and ultimately ended up booking the petrol LT version which will be delivered in 2 days!!
thats my story!!
ariendj is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2011, 19:21   #82
BHPian
 
ssh1979's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Chennai
Posts: 395
Thanked: 106 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
East Africa Toyota :
Innova Waiting period = 6 months minimum.

Narmada Toyota :
Innova Waiting Period = 8 months
Per month they get :
Innova = 20-25
Fortuner = 1.
Sounds like insane reality. And no one seems too bothered about it. As @GTO said in his opening post, if the car is worth the wait, WAIT!!! In this case,my opinion would be to wait for the Innova (I'm completely oblivious of your personal circumstances ).

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
I am now convincing dad for SX4D or to continue with Baleno.
Now that would be a radical shift from your requirements MUV vs Sedan? Sigh! Look at what waiting times are doing to buyers in the market!
ssh1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 15:28   #83
Senior - BHPian
 
aaggoswami's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Vadodara
Posts: 4,675
Thanked: 1,426 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Sounds like insane reality. And no one seems too bothered about it. As @GTO said in his opening post, if the car is worth the wait, WAIT!!! In this case,my opinion would be to wait for the Innova (I'm completely oblivious of your personal circumstances ).

Now that would be a radical shift from your requirements MUV vs Sedan? Sigh! Look at what waiting times are doing to buyers in the market!
Innova is really a good car, but certainly the way dealers are handling customers make me wonder what they are upto. 1 fortuner per month! 8 months waiting for Innova! They have managed to build significant artificial waiting list. And from what the internal information I have managed to extract, politics has its hand in here too ranging from creating waiting list to getting or rather diverting deliveries to bigger cities.

My friend's uncle in A'bad got Innova in 20 days flat.

I wish we had a stiff computerized system for managing the waiting list, but we are in India so its just a dream. I am significantly arguing with dad not the buy car which is not supported by dealer even for sale. What about service then ? Waiting for service also ?
aaggoswami is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 16:04   #84
BHPian
 
SR-71's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 186
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Wow you read my mind & pain. The moment I read the title, I knew I had to reply. I have booked the Vento TDI let me tell you my story of pain.

- Delivery promised in 4 months !!!
- I almost talk about cars every day, my wife is tired of me to the extent that if I open my mouth, she is like; anything except cars please
- Every other day I think I should change the car cause I cannot bear the waiting period
- I have looked at City, Optra, Cruze, Civic, and even the Innova !! (Please do not expect to explain the logic behind this, there is none)
- I check for any excuse that should make me cancel the Vento & book the Cruze (believe me there is none, that is strong enough to justify the 5L price difference unless you take pure desire into consideration)
- I almost brought the 3D Kagu mats and Cask Unit for the Vento only to be reprimanded by my wife to wait for the car to be delivered (probably she fears that I may simply cancel the car and move to the cruze wasting the investment on accessories)
- I keep talking to people about out of turn delivery for allotment, but my own attitude prevents me from taking any short-cuts.
- And I spend around 6 - 7 hrs a day in team-bhp.com at the expense of lost office productivity
- In jist everyone including myself is tired of me and my impatience with the car delivery

Last edited by SR-71 : 4th September 2011 at 16:13.
SR-71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 16:25   #85
BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Nasik / Mumbai
Posts: 427
Thanked: 591 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Innova is really a good car, but certainly the way dealers are handling customers make me wonder what they are upto. 1 fortuner per month! 8 months waiting for Innova! They have managed to build significant artificial waiting list. And from what the internal information I have managed to extract, politics has its hand in here too ranging from creating waiting list to getting or rather diverting deliveries to bigger cities.

My friend's uncle in A'bad got Innova in 20 days flat.

I wish we had a stiff computerized system for managing the waiting list, but we are in India so its just a dream. I am significantly arguing with dad not the buy car which is not supported by dealer even for sale. What about service then ? Waiting for service also ?
Don't they already have a centralized booking system for managing waiting lists on the Ninja 650R and the CBR250R? If a 2-wheeler manufacturer can implement it, why cant the others? Agreed that these 2 bikes do very less numbers, but so do the cars in question.
antz.bin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 19:08   #86
Senior - BHPian
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Delhi
Posts: 2,131
Thanked: 1,001 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

I believe every car manufacturer has a computerised list, but that does not mean they always stick to it.

This being India, where every one and his third cousin flaunts some sort of "influence", there must be a "discretionary quota" for all the out of turn allotments we hear of, and the Plain Joe, the corner stone for the manufacturers profit is given the short end of the stick. I think it is high time that some one like Anna Hazare takes the manufacturers to task in a PIL. (On diverse issues apart from out of turn allotments - poor A.S.S. performance, bad parts, shoddy manufacturing etc).
Aroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th September 2011, 19:37   #87
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Chennai
Posts: 46
Thanked: 8 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

there is a whole lot more to consider. the companies need to look at inventory capacity at the dealer end, how many vehicles can they hold at a time. financing plays a role. not retail end but bulk, how the dealers pay for the cars. logistics as well, when you say 4000 innovas are manufactured every month, they will need to see how the 4000 innovas are split among all the dealers in the country and ensuring that the expenses of transporting them are as low as possible. dealers have their own compulsions. all of this applies to every car or bike.

i have seen this with activas as well. one showroom has a 6 ~ 8 month waiting period while another in the same city promises delivery in 45 days to 3 months. both get allocated a similar amount of vehicles a month.
JagMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 11:37   #88
BHPian
 
lamboguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Mumbai
Posts: 137
Thanked: 118 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

I now know exactly how it feels to wait for the delivery!

I booked the New Jetta on the 1st of September. We (me and dad) were considering 2 colour options: 'Silver' and 'Silver Leaf'. The sales guy said that the Silver was in stock and we would get the delivery in less than a week! We however opted for the 'Silver leaf' and here i am waiting for the car to get delivered by the end of September!
I also have a countdown widget on my phone desktop which shows me the number of days to delivery!
lamboguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th September 2011, 13:59   #89
BHPian
 
samm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 200
Thanked: 96 Times
Default Re: Delivery Waiting Period - How do you deal with it !

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
Innova is really a good car, but certainly the way dealers are handling customers make me wonder what they are upto. 1 fortuner per month! 8 months waiting for Innova! They have managed to build significant artificial waiting list.
......
My friend's uncle in A'bad got Innova in 20 days flat.
It depends quite a lot on the dealership. The allotment is done by the company based on the dealership. So better dealers get more cars, and waiting period will be lesser. This is the info I got through some insiders. When I checked this across some cities, I found that this is the reality in most cases.

When I booked Innova at Nandi, they said 2-3 months waiting. When I called Ravindu, they said minimum 3 months.

Finally, I got the car from Nandi in about 1.5 months! I booked by mid Feb, and got the delivery by end March, just before the 22K hike! If your loan processing is hassle free, and not too particular about one color (anyways, Innova doesnt have any fancy colors - the blue and red has 4 months waiting, though. Same case with 7 seater variants.), you can get it pretty quickly. There will be cancellations, or funding issues from some customers. Dealers wont like to keep such inventory, and they push to who ever gives $$$ first. I was lucky to get my choice of color, though I was willing to change my first choice. Again, the salesman was quite helpful.



Quote:
Originally Posted by ssh1979 View Post
Sounds like insane reality. And no one seems too bothered about it. As @GTO said in his opening post, if the car is worth the wait, WAIT!!! In this case,my opinion would be to wait for the Innova (I'm completely oblivious of your personal circumstances ).

Now that would be a radical shift from your requirements MUV vs Sedan? Sigh! Look at what waiting times are doing to buyers in the market!
For some cars, there is no competition, so if you are asked to wait, WAIT!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaggoswami View Post
The Curios Case of Toyota Innova Waiting Period.

As we have ( I will quickly try to make it had ) decided on Innova to replace Baleno, today me and dad visited East Africa Toyota and Narmada Toyota ( the two dealers in Vadodara ).

East Africa Toyota :
Innova Waiting period = 6 months minimum.

Narmada Toyota :
Innova Waiting Period = 8 months
Per month they get :
Innova = 20-25
Fortuner = 1.

Narmada Toyota gets only 1 Fortuner per month !!!!!

I am not able to digest this, toyota manufactures 4000 Innova per month to the best of my knowledge. Sales is more or less equal to that with a few hundred here or there. And only one Fortuner for a dealer ? If transparency is to be maintained, the allocation should be as per the booking number. Is this happening ?

My views :
Why so much waiting period ?
How is transparency maintained for waiting period ?
How is allocation done ?

Toyota clearly is behaving badly.
Called in at their toll free number :

Me : Can you tell me waiting period for Innova ?
Ans : I will give you contact nos. of Vadodara dealers.

Me : I already had visited both showrooms, they said computerized waiting number is generated, so what is the system ?
Ans : Dealer is the right person to answer this, whatever dealer says is correct.

How to Interpret :
There is no system for waiting and anybody can do malpractice in this.
Waiting period of 8 months and allocation of units is fishy.

I am now convincing dad for SX4D or to continue with Baleno.
Maybe there is a waiting number, but it is not global, from my experience. It has to be within the dealer. Depending on your readiness with $$$, it wont be too difficult to get your machine, provided the dealer has sufficient quota from the company. Unfortunately, in your case, it doesnt seem to be
samm is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Delivery waiting period : How much can you handle? GTO The Indian Car Scene 91 11th March 2017 01:18
Bangalore Maruti Dealers and VDI waiting period. Ajaybiz Indian Car Dealerships 24 9th September 2012 07:54
Safari GX 4x4 Mineral Red - Booked and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting... HappyWheels Test-Drives & Initial Ownership Reports 166 9th August 2009 11:54
TATA Safari GX Delivery period/should I chuck it? (EDIT: Now post delivery issues!) vivek.singh.73 The Indian Car Scene 108 27th July 2009 22:09
Whats up with this so called "Waiting period" BUSA The Indian Car Scene 35 20th July 2007 15:06


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:29.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks