Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread

Old 20th August 2010, 23:42   #16
BANNED

Yeah...! when guys like us who buy cars less than half the price create havoc on T-BHP, that Merc owner sure has all the rights on earth to do it there in that style at the A.S.C

Cant we just think for a minute, how much frustrated he was.

Waiting for further updates on the incident.
Old 23rd August 2010, 22:18   #17
BHPian

Default Mercedes owner goes berserk in showroom

Guys check out at autoblog.com about a benz customer in Bangalore who was so disatisfied wioth the service that he rampantly drove in the showroom causing damage to other new cars.This is a sorry state for mercedes who charge exorbitant premium and still have customer problems.
Old 23rd August 2010, 23:04   #18
BHPian

Here is the link to the story:

Angry Benz owner goes on showroom rampage — Autoblog
Old 24th August 2010, 01:58   #19
BHPian

Dad always used to say, "Don't get mad. Get even. When you get very angry, the world ignores what you are angry about, and notices only the fact that you are angry. Suddenly you are the bad guy."

I understand but am still trying to implement dad's advice.

Whatever comes out of this episode, the last thing will be the left pull being fixed.
Old 24th August 2010, 02:55   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy View Post
Left pull is when the car pulls to the left on a straight line. Leave the steering and the cars moves towards the left.

So, why dint the idiot just go to a Wheel alignment and balancing shop???
Old 24th August 2010, 03:49   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Dad always used to say, "Don't get mad. Get even. When you get very angry, the world ignores what you are angry about, and notices only the fact that you are angry. Suddenly you are the bad guy."
+1 to that, I wish I could practise it all the time in my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajushank84 View Post
Whatever comes out of this episode, the last thing will be the left pull being fixed.
Considering the damage, He'll have to have a lot more to fix now than just that. Yes sometimes people push us to that extend, from Bad service to bad drivers on the road. However, I love my car too much to do something like that, No matter what!!
Old 24th August 2010, 04:11   #22
BHPian

Heard alot of stories of Merc India and this is not the first time.
I think its about time for Merc India to look into this matter.
Old 24th August 2010, 09:00   #23
Team-BHP Support

If I am right this car is either a CLS 500 or badged as one. silver in colour. I see it in the Club a lot. Driver tends to try overtaking queues during traffic jams.

Mercs traditionally seem to engineer a bit of left pull to compensate for the right edge cambering of the roads in LHD countries. Unfortunately they never admit this nor do they bother about the RHD counties either.

He actually offered to trade in. Sundram refused a potential sale and resale. Blaming the driver blindly is the most stupidest thing. (I remember Pratham blamed me to driving with my handbrakes on for cooking my clutch- I told them to take the rear hubs off and prove it.) They should drive with him and point out if there is a bad habit. It does not take much trial and error to dial in some compensation on the alignment to make the car track straight.

If there is an issue with dealerships. Thry focus too much on process and lose out on what the customer is saying.

Think now - the builder has created publicity, he will tell many high net worth peers about his experience with some masala added. You only need to see how 4-5 peoples experiences with Skoda over here has created a mindset about Skoda

On a lighter note, if he used the right side of the car to wreak the damage, the car might be corrected

Last edited by ajmat : 24th August 2010 at 09:13.
Old 3rd September 2010, 12:56   #24
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
... It does not take much trial and error to dial in some compensation on the alignment to make the car track straight...
In the past, perhaps.

However, it is actually more complicated than that in certain mercs of today. I know someone who went through a similar issue and the offered solution was not easy or cheap. I don't remember all the reasons, but one is the fact that the car had distronic. Changing where the car points by default can affect that (ie cause a possible danger) and thats probably why technicians are not allowed to go outside a small range of values.

Another issue is that certain tyres are known to cause this phenomenon more on mercs. I believe a bulletin was even sent to all merc dealerships / service stations (in the USA) requesting them to avoid a certain brand and model of tyre (i dont remember for sure - put perhaps the asymmetric michelins?).

End of the day, service stations are businesses, and a lot of them care only about one thing -- max profit.
They'll do the max to avoid a costly replacement in warranty, and the max to cause a costly replacement out of warranty!

cya
R

@diwa - He did not own the CLK350. The articles don't seem to mention which model he owned!
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:54   #25
Team-BHP Support

I think I was wrong - this car is a red CLK - only one in Bangalore
Closed Thread