Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 9th October 2009, 21:15   #586
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Interesting topic..
Mine would be the Ford Figo atleast at the time when it is available for booking. In fact if not for Figo I would have gone for the Ikon now.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 21:24   #587
BHPian

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by xingamazon View Post
Interesting topic..
Mine would be the Ford Figo atleast at the time when it is available for booking. In fact if not for Figo I would have gone for the Ikon now.

Interesting Choice. I like the Figo as well. Very contemporary ... how is it priced ? any idea ??
bigautobuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 22:08   #588
BHPian

I am planning to buy a really beat-up SUV, and bring it back to shape!!! probably might go for a really old TATA SUV.

I will give the project 6 months(weekends and holidays)

Kartik
skartik2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 22:11   #589
BHPian

Regardless of all the hostility I would like to go with the new skoda laura, but if i'll have to compromise, would go with the optra magnum diesel.
amith.2974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 22:29   #590
BHPian

Very interesting topic

My Next Upgrade: With present and day by day worsening Delhi/NCR roads and parking issue, I will split my next car need into:

Sedan: Toyota Corolla Altis (weekend highway trips or for odd hours city drive)
Hatch: Ritz Zxi (regular office usage)
TarCruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 22:30   #591
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by skartik2 View Post
I am planning to buy a really beat-up SUV, and bring it back to shape!!! probably might go for a really old TATA SUV.

I will give the project 6 months(weekends and holidays)

Kartik
If you want there are two Range Rovers for sale. One 87 manual for 4 lakhs and the other is a Range Rover Vogue 94 model auto for 8 lakhs. The prices are negotiable.

My next car is a BMW 325i (come home next week) and a few months down the line the E350 cdi or the S 320 cdi.

Last edited by speedy : 9th October 2009 at 22:34.
speedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2009, 23:35   #592
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigautobuff View Post
Interesting Choice. I like the Figo as well. Very contemporary ... how is it priced ? any idea ??
Not sure but according to the information in the thread meant for Figo, the price for the base one starts with 3.5L. Which would be significant compared to the looks it has..
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 00:10   #593
BHPian

Toyota 4Runner 2010. I live in Canada and this beauty is going to be in Showroom end of November 09. Booking hasnt started yet. Will post the pics once I have it in my garage.
Checkout the pics at Toyota 4Runner - 2010 Pictures & Photo Gallery
NullRock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 01:18   #594
BHPian

Considering that I am potentially returning to India in late 2010, and will constrained by a budget of 7 lakhs, with requirements like Airbags, Climate Control, Alloys, Boot etc, I guess it would be a toss up between Dzire, Manza and Polo sedan, hoping that the latter two will come with Airbags, Climate Control, Alloys at the 7 lakh on road price like Dzire.
prashanthyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 03:11   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Speedy- Wait for the facelift S320 CDi. The LED treatment has transformed the car quite a bit, expect better equipment to match the new 7.
Have u considered the new 730Ld? Since u already have an E, I suggest you step up to a higher segment rather than get the new E.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 03:40   #596
BHPian

My Next Car -
I am already in hunt of a 2005 and above Model Esteem in bangalore, still no luck
I was desperate for a BALENO - being worried about spares and Maintenance cost dropped the plan
My heart says BALENO and Mind says ESTEEM

Long Long term plan will be an SUV - Innova or Fortuner
I will shortly endup with an ESTEEM
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 12:37   #597
BHPian

My next car is my Dream car..one iv'e waited for, written letters to auto magazines for, opened my heart out on Forums like Team BHP for..its the Toyota Fortuner.

I finally booked mine on the 30th of August 2009 and was told the Vehicle would be delivered in Feb end or early March.

Fortunately i have been informed that the car may be delivered in mid to end November itself as the color (Silver) is not as popular as White or Metallic Grey.

Look forward to the Dream coming home..its so close now i can almost smell the leather, feel the cold metal and hear that wonderful roar of the 171 bhp, 3 litre engine..
Manuuj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 12:45   #598
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Speedy- Wait for the facelift S320 CDi. The LED treatment has transformed the car quite a bit, expect better equipment to match the new 7.
Have u considered the new 730Ld? Since u already have an E, I suggest you step up to a higher segment rather than get the new E.
That is why i am waiting for a few months to decide only after seeing the new S. I did consider the new 7 but since it is gonna be my fathers car he was not perticularly happy with the stiff ride compared to the S. As for the self driveing pleasure the 7 won hands down. My dad tends to tilt more towards Mercedes and hence the decission to take the S or upgrade to the new E. My uncles E 350 petrol would come home in the next couple of weeks.
I completely agree with you to step up to a higher segment but the problem of parking space in the building does hold me back from getting bigger cars, hence the 325i. My Dads first choice was the Bentley FS .
Old 10th October 2009, 17:13   #599
Distinguished - BHPian

Well then get the FS, that's the best upgrade

You could get the new 7 and replace RFTs with tubeless for a better ride. But I get what you're saying about the Merc fetish with old men. My father too is itching to get the S even though he has a new respect for BMW after the 5.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th October 2009, 18:04   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Well then get the FS, that's the best upgrade

You could get the new 7 and replace RFTs with tubeless for a better ride. But I get what you're saying about the Merc fetish with old men. My father too is itching to get the S even though he has a new respect for BMW after the 5.
Trust me my father is not that old (59yrs) but would still give us a run for our money behind the wheel. He knows more of cars than my brother and me put together .
He did see all the angles drove the 7 over the last weekend and did not like it as a chauffer driven car. The S on the other hand was perfect for both, driving and being driven in, hence the choice. Mercedes S class with the older generation represents luxury and a certain class that even BMW cannot provide. In my fathers words Mercedes is for those who have been there (old wealth) and BMW is for the ones who want to be there (new wealth). We have the older generation (07) 325i, 740li so the respect is there for the BMW.
Like i mentioned before i am cramped for parking space hence the bigger cars are slow to trickle in. I did see two Bentley FS's and would have taken one of them but it did not fit in the parking. I need a new house to accomadate my cars .