Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 13th July 2010, 13:05   #706
BHPian

Definitely W124 E220 for me.
Ravindra M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 13:40   #707
BHPian

My next ride has to be a full-on SUV, Safari or Fortuner...
ulhas.ahirrao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 14:21   #708
BHPian

Most probably the Honda City to replace my Ikon. I still think that the Honda is over priced but I guess there is no other car in the market to match it in power and space.
SPARKled is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 15:05   #709
BHPian

I test drove the SX4 automatic, Linea Diesel and ANHC in the last few days. I found the SX4 automatic to be not so smooth on the highway, even though city driving was great. Other than the highway drive, everything else was good - the space, driving comfort, ride quality and above all, price.

Linea Diesel which was brought for test drive had so many quality issues. The right side ORVM was missing already (believe me!), the window glass was not coming up and the indicator was not turning off by itself after taking a turn. Rear seat was not comfortable at all with my head hitting the roof. When I told about the quality issues, the salesman said, the vehicle just needs a service! But unlike what I have heard several times, I did not feel the car underpowered at any time. The long clutch play should be a problem in city driving scenarios. I had very high expectations, but came out disappointed after the TD.

I took test drive of ANHC 2 times in the last one week. Every time, I came out smiling. There is not much to complain except for the lack of ACC and the lower ground clearance (which was a problem in Linea too). The car behaved well in the city and a was a delight to drive on the highway. I was also very impressed with the music system. Have not heard any stock system sounding so nice. I will probably stretch my budget and get an ANHC.
phantom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 18:26   #710
BHPian

If I let go my cedia then my next car would be Mitsubishi ASX.
I wanted a Laura but scared on the A**.
So will wait for Mitsubishi to launch the ASX. Wish it comes with a diesel and at around 15 Lakhs.
Car&me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 19:14   #711
BHPian

Default My next car is a link

My next car is:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/what-c...ul-garage.html (Suggestions for Overhaul of Garage)

I need suggestions. Please go ahead and help me decide my next car
Abhi_Automobile is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 21:09   #712
BHPian

My next car -
MUV - Innova (Probably brand new)
Sedan - Used Civic (Cannot Afford to buy a new one)
Bhargava_sr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 21:12   #713
Senior - BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

My next car would be a Figo TDCi Titanium, I am in love with this car.
Else a second hand Fiesta/ Verna Diesel, I wish SX4 comes with a deisel version then I would go for it.
xingamazon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2010, 22:37   #714
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownerofazkaban View Post
Currently I drive five speed 800. It's done decent 94k and am too tired and sick of it in long drives (> 300kms one way). It's best car city use. My next car could be yet another hatchback, as I luv small cars. Like all others I dream of the safari, pajeros and new city and know ultimately will put my money in a decent hatch.

what will it be ? Current top on the list is white Swift zxi, followed by black Indica Vista quadrajet, White Swift VDi (abs if available) and possibly even A-star or any new sub 4.5 lacs car. Should happen in '09 unless I become part of lay off.
Swept away by the Ford Figo!!!
ownerofazkaban is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 13:03   #715
Senior - BHPian

Going by al the reviews ANHC is the best car in this category, but the price put me off to an extent that I have not bothered to TD it. If they cold only bring the price to a reasonable level

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom76 View Post
I test drove the SX4 automatic, Linea Diesel and ANHC in the last few days. I found the SX4 automatic to be not so smooth on the highway, even though city driving was great. Other than the highway drive, everything else was good - the space, driving comfort, ride quality and above all, price.

Linea Diesel which was brought for test drive had so many quality issues. The right side ORVM was missing already (believe me!), the window glass was not coming up and the indicator was not turning off by itself after taking a turn. Rear seat was not comfortable at all with my head hitting the roof. When I told about the quality issues, the salesman said, the vehicle just needs a service! But unlike what I have heard several times, I did not feel the car underpowered at any time. The long clutch play should be a problem in city driving scenarios. I had very high expectations, but came out disappointed after the TD.

I took test drive of ANHC 2 times in the last one week. Every time, I came out smiling. There is not much to complain except for the lack of ACC and the lower ground clearance (which was a problem in Linea too). The car behaved well in the city and a was a delight to drive on the highway. I was also very impressed with the music system. Have not heard any stock system sounding so nice. I will probably stretch my budget and get an ANHC.
m_upreti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 16:42   #716
Senior - BHPian

Fiat Punto Sport - Delhi Autoshow Spec (If they bring it) or i20 CrDi 6 Speed Asta

Cheers !

Vinu
myavu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 16:54   #717
BHPian

Right now i am having a Punto 1.4 Emotion Pack

Well.......

My next Car will be either VW Vento or VW Polo(if launched with 1.6 Disel) or Punto T-Jet
ashok_lat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 17:06   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanwal View Post
Eagerly waiting for Fiat Grand Punto - MJD.. May consider Linea, if budget permits.
Well, not sure if it is okay to post update as well! but here is mine - as it happens in most cases, I stretched my budget and bought Linea in Oct'09 (almost 1.5 years after this post)
kanwal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 17:10   #719
BHPian

For My Next ride i would a Fortuner please!!!
Even while buying the City i was in 2 minds to go for a SUV.
EasyR1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:01   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by EasyR1der View Post
For My Next ride i would a Fortuner please!!!
Good choice. I would too, if I had the moolah! But for now the Safari seems to be my next target!
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote