Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 14th July 2010, 18:10   #721
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prince_pervez View Post
Good choice. I would too, if I had the moolah! But for now the Safari seems to be my next target!
Fortuner is my next option too .. Yes suffer from the moolah problem myself.
A question to you.. Why would you want to go for a Fortuner if you stay in California? You have access to the best stuff in the world.
rpmx1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2010, 18:36   #722
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpmx1000 View Post
Fortuner is my next option too .. Yes suffer from the moolah problem myself.
A question to you.. Why would you want to go for a Fortuner if you stay in California? You have access to the best stuff in the world.
Ohh that was for India. I'm sorry about that. I agree, I am having a good time with the Lincon and Hummer here. Some of my colleagues have the best stuff around here. The Caddilac comes with a Bose stock ICE. Can you believe that ? Then the Lincon ICE comes with THX which is gives a home threatre surround effect.. etc etc. I will upload the audio clip if I get time.
prince_pervez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 12:13   #723
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post

Might hang to the Indica (my first car) and get a Polo diesel (got high hopes on it) in 2010 when the Civic's lease expires.
2 years since I made this comment, the Polo diesel ticks almost all boxes except the biggest one - rear space. With a family which feels that the Indica at the rear is not big enough, it looks like the Vista will be my next ride....but I am still hoping that the Micra diesel/Etios diesel will float my boat as and when they appear.
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 12:22   #724
BHPian

Next car in India, Aria for Sure. Hey, but there is still plenty of time. Dubai, EVO X or an IS 300. Would keep my GT for sure, with a nice paint job and some mods for daily run.
jaguar.runs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th July 2010, 12:24   #725
BHPian

Presently using Accent. Will upgrade to Automatic due to the ever increasing traffic.
Might go in for City AT or Verna AT ( Diesel)
Abeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 21:31   #726
BHPian

I am using Premier Padmini which is still running good. My next car will be 100% either FIAT Linea or Punto. ( I am just waiting for Linea1.4 Petrol Active/Emotion to be launched in Ozone blue/electric blue color)
Fiat&Me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2010, 22:20   #727
Senior - BHPian

Past was Tata Indica and Wagon R. Present is Ritz VDi. Future car! waiting for Maruti RIII. When will it be on road.
navan49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th July 2010, 17:32   #728
BHPian

Currently have Honda City which is still working fine. I do miss a second car in family after I sold Wagon R ( was going abroad for sometime) but haven't felt the need to buy one yet.
Well I have two views
Short term - if I need a second car family it will be from hatchback segment current fav is Ford Figo. love Punto but scared of service .. other fav is Tata Nano for the sake of owning one...

Long term, If I plan to change current NHC it will be for sure ANHC if its a sedan and if family needs demand a bigger vehicle I will go for Toyota Innova.

p.s. One car that I can have now if I have money is Fortuner..
SaneOp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 09:57   #729
BHPian

Default SUV I guess!

Hey guys,

I presently have a ANHC and need a SUV pretty soon. I have seen Fortuner, CRV and Captiva, along with Tata Safari. (No endy pls)
I think Fortuner has good road presence, however didnt quite feel good driving it, when I took a test ride at ESPIRIT toyota last month. My family has a Innova also and the interiors are so similar to Innova. Infact I find head room less in Fortuner compared to Innova. The dashboard was a complete letdown. Infact I liked the interiors, seating comfort and almost everything of Prius, however 32L is a bit beyond my budget for now, plus its not a SUV.

CRV rides good, specially after driving ANHC, it feels very similar in driving comfort, however its just too costly for its price, bad discounts from Honda (as usual, they sometimes tend to behave like Rolls Royce in India, I wish these Honda guys go to US and see how humble Honda is in the US). Plus CRV is Petrol with a mileage of 6 kmpl, too costly on the pocket. In fact I found that we can get pretty good deals on second hand CRV's, we can get 4 yrs old CRV at 9-10L. kms < 60K.

Captiva **- I find captiva pretty good for people like me, who dont really need a people mover. It is really spacious from inside for 5 people and very comfortable also rides good. Half way between CRV and Fortuner. I also find the road presence pretty good. Good discounts also if you find the right sales guy in the right showroom. (dont go to Faridabad's Mathura Road dealer, search something in Delhi)

I guess I am still waiting for Hyundai Santa Fe. I have driven a friend's Santa Fe in Singapore and really wish that Hyudai get it before year end and get the pricing SPOT ON. Once it comes I guess chevrolet will also increase its discounts.

I just wish some day Fiat would make Safari, I'd buy it even if its costlier by 1-2 L. At least tata should hire a few quality guys from Fiat to start with. Quality issues are scaring people off. They should also improve on the quality of interiors. ( handling, steering feel, hard clutches etc the already know i guess)

So for me it could be between Santa Fe and Captiva by year end depending on pricing.
akaush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd August 2010, 19:36   #730
Team-BHP Support

By the look of things, it's gonna be a Vento AT

Of course depends on how VW prices the beast, else will "settle" for ANHC AT. Why is this such an underpopulated segment? DO Indians have super-strong knees? (mine are screwed up with the constant clutchwork involved in city driving)

If I had some spare cash lying around, I'd pick up a Jazz in a weird colour (maybe metallic light blue). JLT!

Someday perhaps I will be able to buy a 5 series....sigh!
noopster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 19:29   #731
BHPian

After owning ford fusion, it will be a mini suv for sure.
Dr.Abhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th August 2010, 19:54   #732
BHPian

I've had a Hyundai Getz(petrol) in the family since dec 2004, Presently I'm studying my final year of engineering, so Once i graduate next year, going by the trends on Team-BHP, A *pre worshipped i20 diesel* with the works! sunroof, safety features et all.
By then second hand i20's will be freely available and decently priced and the crdi engine which i missed on the getz is to die for!
raghav.carfreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 13:32   #733
BHPian

It will definitely be a hatch to replace my ageing Zen, mostly from the Fiat/TATA stable( read punto or Vista) but it depends a lot on the new launches as well from the toyota and honda stable.
MihirC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 14:23   #734
BHPian

My next is surely gonna be a black colored TATA SAFARI!
ironshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th August 2010, 16:56   #735
Senior - BHPian

I am also going to have a SUV as my next car. But i want some things which may not be of a typical SUV but of a MPV.

1 I want car that should carry 7-8 people IS A MUST. I always find it a problem for small trips. In normal car you can go only 4 persons or max 5 in comfort. SO it should be like 8 seater Scorpio or Safari.
2 It should be good looking & should have some road presence & respect.
3 Easy on pocket.
4 Good FE & reasonable spares.

I am really looking forward to buy one in next 1-2 years. Hopefully that time new generation Safari & New M&M SUV will be available for choice within my budget
aniketi is offline   Reply With Quote