Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 6th September 2010, 19:29   #76
Team-BHP Support

Some how looks dont look all that great to me!
May be I just came out reading the new Cruze hatch thread!
But on more serious terms, leaving the looks department aside, pricing would be the key again.
I sense very soon we will have a price and segment of the compact cross overs.

Last edited by ampere : 6th September 2010 at 19:36.
ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 19:39   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Some how looks dont look all that great to me!
May be I just came out reading the new Cruze hatch thread!
But on more serious terms, leaving the looks department aside, pricing would be the key again. I sense very soon we will have a price and segment of the compact cross overs.
The Nissan Juke is a hit in Europe and it looks like this

Nissan Juke (2010): the full first official news, photos | Automotive & Motoring News | Car Magazine Online

But not a match for the Cruze hatchback.

I think manufacturers will move from the 5-6L bracket to the 7-8L bracket with their offerings, so we will see more choices in the future.
indivic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th September 2010, 19:52   #78
BHPian

I hope they launch a new category - like a nothcback or hot hatch like the Euro spec Fiesta !. Now - that is bound to spice up the market for sure.
calm_cruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 00:56   #79
Team-BHP Support

What could they launch in the next 5 years? Hmmm..

The Ford Focus sedan is in the pipeline and has been for quite some time. We should be expecting that to hit the showrooms sometime soon. The Cruze/Civic would be it's primary competition.

The Mondeo might make a come-back of sorts and spoil the Accord's party. It nearly did when it was introduced several years back.

Form might introduce the brand new Fiesta sedan/hatch and look to target the City/Jazz.

I've been told that Ford is interested in introducing a small car (smaller than the Figo) that would go head-to-head against the Maruti hatches in the 3-5 lakh price bracket.

The Endeavour might be replaced with something entirely new, since the pick-up variant is very popular in the Thai and South-African market.

As for the other two, let's keep our fingers crossed and hope Ford introduces something that falls under the 'niche category'. Something like the Focus RS that will go directly against the Mitsubishi Evo X.
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 14:40   #80
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
I've been told that Ford is interested in introducing a small car (smaller than the Figo) that would go head-to-head against the Maruti hatches in the 3-5 lakh price bracket.
Actually, the Figo is targetted at the very same segment. Remember the introductory price of the Figo for the base variant?
benbsb29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 14:48   #81
Distinguished - BHPian

Will that Fiesta 4*4 be for real, and not just a tarted-up toy, but a tough vehicle? Hey, understood that it is a Ford Fiesta, not a Landrover, but I'm asking for something that actually takes rough roads in its stride, not just looks as if it should.

Could be very interesting. Would be really sad if India writes it off with the anti-hatchback attitude.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7th September 2010, 18:26   #82
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by benbsb29 View Post
Actually, the Figo is targetted at the very same segment. Remember the introductory price of the Figo for the base variant?
Oh yes Benny! I remember the introductory price of the base Figo. It threatened the Beat and even the A-Star! But isn't there going to be a much smaller Ford in the pipeline; round the size of the Alto? A Ford loosely based on the 'Ka', perhaps?

Happy times for Ford enthusiasts!
suhaas307 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th September 2010, 17:31   #83
BHPian

Ford Motors are unusually tight-lipped about the Fiesta family releases this time round. However, internal sources from corporate say that press releases should be out soon sometime after Diwali season for the early 2011 launch.

The Fiesta brand name is associated with many models across different geographies. Each of has a different avatar of the Fiesta in mind when we talk Fiesta across nations. I personally find this very confusing. It seems as if Great grandad, Grandad, Dad, Son, Grandson and Great grandson of a family are all referred to by the same name.....Fiesta !!

Ford Motors, please revisit your nomenclature, please.

Methinks, Ford Focus would be introduced to dent in the Civic, Corolla segment with a host of new features and the trademark Ford handling.

Last edited by Sugeeta : 15th September 2010 at 17:35. Reason: Add on line wrt Focus
Sugeeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 00:30   #84
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
The Fiesta brand name is associated with many models across different geographies. Each of has a different avatar of the Fiesta in mind when we talk Fiesta across nations.
it's very confusing. To this Brit, the Fiesta will always be a hatchback. I had one once.
Thad E Ginathom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 10:08   #85
Senior - BHPian

This surely can be counted as one of those 8 models that ford plans to launch to take on accord,camry, superb and sonata/i45. Its a development mule for the EU mondeo/North American fusion replacement which will be global premium sedan positioned above focus.

Pics courtesy KGP via insideline
Attached Images

sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 11:23   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
This surely can be counted as one of those 8 models that ford plans to launch to take on accord,camry, superb and sonata/i45. Its a development mule for the EU mondeo/North American fusion replacement which will be global premium sedan positioned above focus.

Pics courtesy KGP via insideline
Looks as huge as the Accord and Sonata indeed, and nice too.
The black door handles don't look good on that car.
And does it have two fuel filler caps---one on each side?
vnabhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2013, 00:21   #87

Default Re: Ford India to launch 8 new cars by 2015!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vineethvazhayil View Post
I guess the Mondeo with the European origins would be a much better offering in the D segment than the Taurus. The latest mondeo facelift was unveiled today I guess - 2011 Ford Mondeo gets spiffed up — Autoblog
Very potent engines, if only Ford manages to keep the upkeep costs less unlike the last version of Mondeo that needed calls to Europe for anything and everything!
Even I would like to see the mondeo in the D segment. I hit upon this link today http://www.carwale.com/upcoming-cars/page/1/, that talks about the upcoming launches in 2014, and in that the only car that really caught my attention was the ford mondeo. What, with its Aston Martin front grill, if ford can package the interiors well, and price it just about right, I believe that this will stir up the D segment, which for many years now i feel has been stagnant and not seen any action whatsoever. The D segment right now is completely monopolized with the civic and the altis, with a few lauras and jettas thrown in and the "once in a blue moon" Kizashi. Its about time that Hyundai and Ford Do something about it. Everybody seems to be far more interested in all other segments be it Hatch, or Entry level sedans, or MPVs, hell even the luxury segment has seen more action than the D segment. But D segment is the place where i feel the maximum interest should have been, with a huge "india shining upper middle class" population of india. Anyways not to digress, asking all the BHPians, please share your views about the new ford mondeo, provided this is what ford Launches in india.
Also the outgoing civic, is going to create some void in the D segment, which if ford times it right, should be able to capture a big market in the D segment. Having said that, anybody knows anything about the launch of new civic?
pmbdcoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th September 2013, 17:55   #88
BHPian

The Mondeo is a worthy contender against the accord. Not the civic. My friend had bought a focus abroad, and i feel it can fit in the spot of the old mondeo( 15-17 lakhs). And ahh, the ST.
1967'stang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th November 2013, 17:03   #89
Senior - BHPian

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/11/2...-brazil-103333

Ford Brazil has organised a press conference on 12th & 13th Nov 13 at their plant, which local media speculate would be showcase the new 2015 Figo.
CARDEEP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th November 2013, 10:12   #90
BHPian

Next gen ford ka concept

http://indianautosblog.com/2013/11/f...concept-103746

Name:  FordKaConceptfrontthreequarters.jpg
Views: 2526
Size:  42.0 KB

Name:  FordKaConceptrearthreequarters.jpg
Views: 1858
Size:  36.5 KB

Last edited by skyfire2892 : 13th November 2013 at 10:14.
skyfire2892 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote