Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 5th December 2005, 15:24   #31
Senior - BHPian

Check out the 2006 Honda civic pics.i think it looks a little like the NHC but it looks good.check them out...

just love the interiors.check out the digital speedo...

source : www.vtec.net

Rev
revtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 14:15   #32
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by revtech
i think it looks a little like the NHC but it looks good.

Rev
I agree 100% ... I would even go as far as saying the front-end of the 2006 Honda Civic (sedan) looks a lot like the NHC... That's the only thing I don't like about this car so far.
MrBoombastic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th December 2005, 20:18   #33
Senior - BHPian

Ok the new Civic has kinda controversal looks but it looks much more upmarket then the older version. In the Indian context this is good news because with this version the price tag of about Rs.10 lakhs can be justified to some extent. The older version just didn't look like a car worth million rupees. By the way, that digital speedometer is funky! Was stuck in a 22kmph crawling night traffic a few days back with the civic next to me and that speedo looked really cool. And in case you guys are wondering how I am so specific on the 22kmph speed, I saw it in the speedometer of the Civic!

Last edited by amit : 7th December 2005 at 20:25.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 18:46   #34
BHPian

Cool Some More Pics For Your'll Boys!!!!

Just As I Knw How You'll Love The Civic So Much Here It Is....

Hope You'll Like Them....!!!!

Tak care Have Fun
Brgds
PsychoLyn
PsychoLyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 20:31   #35
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

the new honda civic has been launched in thailand and will make its way here pretty soon.....by the way saw a honda civic 2006 in noida with red number plates which instead of any nos. had "civic" written on the number plate.it looked stunning.it was a silver colour.any idea wat that was.cos i saw it 3 weeks back and it hadnt been launched even in thailand.any idea when the civic was launched internationally.

Last edited by hellspawn : 24th December 2005 at 20:33.
hellspawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 20:38   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

The rear of the civic coupe looks stunning. I hope they get the coupe version to india, better still they should get the 4 door with the rear lamps of the coupe. that would be perfect.
Sahil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 20:44   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
the new honda civic has been launched in thailand and will make its way here pretty soon.....by the way saw a honda civic 2006 in noida with red number plates which instead of any nos. had "civic" written on the number plate.it looked stunning.it was a silver colour.any idea wat that was.cos i saw it 3 weeks back and it hadnt been launched even in thailand.any idea when the civic was launched internationally.
Maybe it was for Auto Expo
mohit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 21:07   #38
BHPian

Default wrong info

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit
Ok the new Civic has kinda controversal looks but it looks much more upmarket then the older version. In the Indian context this is good news because with this version the price tag of about Rs.10 lakhs can be justified to some extent. The older version just didn't look like a car worth million rupees. By the way, that digital speedometer is funky! Was stuck in a 22kmph crawling night traffic a few days back with the civic next to me and that speedo looked really cool. And in case you guys are wondering how I am so specific on the 22kmph speed, I saw it in the speedometer of the Civic!
the speedo you have shown is imposible to come to india
the speedo in the post is of civic si its a coupe
this si is not there in the menu of honda seil india
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th December 2005, 22:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
the speedo in the post is of civic si its a coupe
The instrument cluster is the same for the sedan and coupe. Both versions have the digital speedometer.
amit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th December 2005, 03:51   #40
BHPian

yup you are right PsychoLyn vbmenu_register("postmenu_156194", true); sorry
i thought it may be differeant on si and normal .
trinadha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2006, 04:54   #41
BHPian

Default Test Driven: 2006 Civic

I had nothing much to do today and hence went into a Honda dealership out here in US to test-drive the 06 Civic.

I chose the EX automatic 4dr sedan and I would say that I was pleased with the car overall. There has been a lot of improvement over the older gen Civic.

All trims have now been equipped with 6 airbags and ABS with EBD. The interior has been totally revamped and I would say it's got the OHC --> NHC kind of transition to put it briefly. They have totally got rid of the old analog speedometers and have put in a two-tier instrument panel with a large digital speedometer, a digital temparature and a fuel guage (where the engine temperature and fuel is shown by small bars electronically) at the top and a tachometer and tripmeter beneath it. You can change the speedo units from mph to kmph on push of a button at the left on the dashboard. The steering consists of audio controls along with cruise-control for the EX trim. A MP3 CD player is standard on all models. The EX comes with a satellite radio receiver and 6 speakers. I wasn't able to play any music as the sales guy told me that the fuse for the audio had been removed. Various fabric shades are offered for the interior too, which is again 2-tone for the EX. The steering looked sporty and was very nice to hold. The controls fell pretty much into the hands and I would go in for the car for the interior alone. The overall visiblity was also very good. The car seemed BIG from inside. I was able to get in and out of the car with comfort and was able to sit in with my legs fully streched with ease. The rear seat offered good levels of comfort too my height being 5'11". The boot seemed much adequate to throw in the luggage you would want for a weekend drive. The sales guy showed me a lever using which you can split the 60:40 rear seats from within the boot. The car also had a electronically operated sunroof.

Talking about the exterior, the front half kind of ressembles the NHC with the front windscreen having being elongated into the bonnet which is shortened in length. The sales guy mentioned that this was done to improve the handling. The front doors along with the OVRMs and the small triangular glass next to the front windows reminded me of our NHC. The head lights have gone thinner and wider and the fog lamps were standard on the EX. The car I drove had 16" alloys with 205/55 R16 Goodyear rubber. Overall the car looks much more sportier from outside. I couldn't just lay my eyes off the black beauty.

The tachometer is calibrated to stay at 1200 rpm postion when the key is not keyed in. As soon as you turn on the ignition, the needle gets to 0 rpm and this confused me a bit. The car started with a nice cranky sound and every thing after that was so much HONDA. The US civic has a 1.8 l i-VTEC engine and pumps out 140bhp @ 6300 rpm and 128 lb-ft of torque @ 4300 rpm. It was very silent and the cabin felt well insulated. I put the car into D and there I go. I was a bit cautious in the beginning but the VTEC thingy was getting into my mind. And next, the best thing happens. The sales guy tells me to get into a lane where he said we would have no traffic. As soon as I got there, I stepped on the gas. The car was responding very well to my naughty mind. Within seconds the speedo showed up 54 mph. And I had to restrict myself there as it was 45 mph lane. Overall the car felt quick than the older gen Civic and seemed to handle well too over a couple of curves I came accross. The brakes too were responsive though I couldn't figure out much as I was not able to drive it much. It did appeal to a driver's mind and I was happy with the performance in what I drove. Add to all this the fact that Honda claims a mileage of 30 mpg in the city and 40 mpg on the highway. Now according to US standards this is quite astounding. We drove for around 5 miles and back to the showroom.

This car has made my day today and that Honda is getting it to India is not something that's gonna make my heart burn now. Even if they put in the 1.8 i-VTEC engine and offer most what they have done out here, I'd say it would be a better buy at even 12 lacs for a fully loaded one. The EX here costs $ 17,865 and the 06 Accord V4 LX comes at around 21 k. The new Civic would definately be the choice for a lot of people looking for something between the City and the Accord. And going with recent history I am pretty sure that Honda will get in the 2006 Civic to India and keep it very similar to what they offer in US with modifications restricted to the engine and supsension.

I have a brouchure with me and I would love to scan it and attach images when I find a scanner handy. I did not take any snaps.

Watch out Skoda and Toyota, a winner is in the making!!!

Last edited by hawkeye : 8th January 2006 at 05:11.
hawkeye is offline   Reply With Quote