Quote:
Originally Posted by PCS View Post
Guys, please refer maruti website

Price = 4.83 lacs

Sporty graphics
Leather seats
integrated autio

called swift one million edition. 1000 units to be produced
I don't find anything new in the website. Care to share the link?
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 19:51   #3
BHPian

I always think that graphics are quite a cheesy add on. Really no value addition and a maintenance headache eventually.

P.S: Hope the leather seats are 'genuine' leather
acidkill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 19:55   #4
Senior - BHPian

Not many words on the exact features.

Limited edition of Swift launched by Maruti Suzuki
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 20:03   #5
PCS
BHPian

sorry guys,

could not post the link

but please note the date of press release , its saying sep 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 20:12   #6
Senior - BHPian

Instead of providing silly decals and fancy names, MSIL could have offered something like it does with the Ritz. Real features like rear wash/wipe, integrated audio etc. pertaining to both Petrol and Diesel variants.

Why do they always stick to the Petrol variant when it comes to Swift Limited editions? First the Glam and now this!
DRIV3R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 20:12   #7
Senior - BHPian

Limited editions,so is this a sign of the impending launch of the New Swift?
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 20:14   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by avishar View Post
Limited editions,so is this a sign of the impending launch of the New Swift?
Stock clearance of the old swift - do you mean that?
blackasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2010, 20:15   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
Instead of providing silly decals and fancy names, MSIL could have offered something like it does with the Ritz. Real features like rear wash/wipe, integrated audio etc. pertaining to both Petrol and Diesel variants.

Why do they always stick to the Petrol variant when it comes to Swift Limited editions? First the Glam and now this!

. The cash cow Diesel is always excluded from such things. At least this somewhat ok compared to Ford Fiesta where a limited period offer comes up every fortnight.
sachinj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 02:55   #10
BHPian

I definitely don't want any "Sporty Graphics" on my car. I don't want any "all new" graphics either.
coldice4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 08:02   #11
Senior - BHPian

Really funny; Maruti's site says the date as Sep 2 - Limited edition of Swift launched by Maruti Suzuki

However NDTV's site says the date as Sep 1 - Maruti launches limited edition of Swift - NDTV Profit

Except sporty decals, these features are bit ok "Goldsmith Black" color, special integrated stereo with USB and speakers, luxurious leather seats, cushion. I wish they added a tilt steering & driver seat height adjustable, sporty alloys, rear wipers & steering mounted audio controls for the same price.
aargee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:02   #12
Distinguished - BHPian

Should be a stock clearence sale for the Vxi models. Did I read they achieved the "1 million swift" milestone in late March?? So why the limited edition is coming now?

I feel the Ritz limited edition is much better where they cared to offer some real good features which were not even present as an option [read Diesel variant]. Such moves are real welcome than providing Leather seats and decals which could be easily done after market where we have lots of options too.

P.S.: I wanted to fit the rear wash / wipe for my Swift VDi and all dealers refused saying that they cant do it and it has to be done from company "only" as it required ECU tweaking !!! not sure they bluffed or not !
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:21   #13
BHPian

^^ i agree !! this is nothing but stock clearance of petrol variant. So that means the new swift is on its way

However, what still makes me wonder is why would they launch the limited edition swift when they has 2+ months waiting period (for petrol versions too) ?? They could have might just deliver the waiting customers !
Butters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:28   #14
BHPian

First, they fleece customers (PS - I owned WagonR for over 7 years and enjoyed the reliable and effective product). Black ORVMs, Black door handles on Petrol only. No price reductions - not even discounts - when engine is changed to K12m and is eligible for lower excise duty. And then, they come out with such tack add-ons and charge more money for that.

For what they are offering, existing 'regular' price would be just fine. Poor job ar pricing, MS - esp with positioning of product taking a beating with slew of new products and age showing up.
5kmiles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd September 2010, 10:44   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post

+1 to that
No defogger/rear wiper, no low fuel warning light - these are basic features that every variant should have. Who cares about body graphics. One can always get them from the market. Wonder when MUL will change their priorities.

I'm sure even the new Swift will have these (and other elementary) features only on the top end petrol variant. The diesel is always left out.
fuel_addict is offline   Reply With Quote