Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2011, 18:24   #361
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 991
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

What if Honda was to plonk in the 2.2 Ltr Diesel that they already have developed in this car? Would it turn out to be too expensive?? I know they have spoken about the engine for the next gen Accord and CRV.
nik_kapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 19:15   #362
Distinguished - BHPian
 
Chetan_Rao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,921
Thanked: 3,374 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
What if Honda was to plonk in the 2.2 Ltr Diesel that they already have developed in this car? Would it turn out to be too expensive?? I know they have spoken about the engine for the next gen Accord and CRV.
The 2.2 diesel would be better suited to a segment above. Doesn't Honda have anything cost-effective in the sub-2ltr range?
Chetan_Rao is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 19:17   #363
Distinguished - BHPian
 
RavenAvi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Flying Around
Posts: 5,361
Thanked: 28,219 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chetan_Rao View Post
The 2.2 diesel would be better suited to a segment above. Doesn't Honda have anything cost-effective in the sub-2ltr range?
They are currently developing a 1.5 ltr i-DTEC for developing countries, which means that the City and the Brio could be the first Indian Honda cars to get this diesel engine, most probably in early 2013.

Last edited by RavenAvi : 16th August 2011 at 19:19.
RavenAvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2011, 19:30   #364
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Is it me or has honda done away with f1 paddle shifter on automatic?

Secondly the three color; beige, black, grey dash looks weird. However, I am pleased with layout, fighter jet like, driver focused.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 19:48   #365
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 41
Thanked: 2 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

I am really confused whether to wait for new civic to be launched or go ahead and buy the current one (V AT). I dont have an urgent need to buy one but I dont want to be in a situation where I dont like the Future model and can not buy the old one as its not available.

I know I can look at used car market but I am particular about few parameters which are constraining me to find a suitable one.
rajanvash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th August 2011, 23:03   #366
dot
Senior - BHPian
 
dot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Ban Chang
Posts: 1,681
Thanked: 714 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by rajanvash View Post
I am really confused whether to wait for new civic to be launched or go ahead and buy the current one (V AT). I dont have an urgent need to buy one but I dont want to be in a situation where I dont like the Future model and can not buy the old one as its not available.

I know I can look at used car market but I am particular about few parameters which are constraining me to find a suitable one.
The new Civic will be a bigger brother of the City and have a few funky features, not to mention an evolved dash. In terms of performance, the new car maybe marginally better. If you love ANHC, then you wont be disappointed by the 9th gen Civic.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 01:49   #367
BHPian
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Delhi
Posts: 274
Thanked: 97 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Indians are gonna miss the current gen Civic just like they still miss the Maruti Zen!
aditya101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th August 2011, 11:18   #368
BHPian
 
nareshtrao's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 410
Thanked: 331 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sn1p3r View Post
Is it me or has honda done away with f1 paddle shifter on automatic?

Secondly the three color; beige, black, grey dash looks weird. However, I am pleased with layout, fighter jet like, driver focused.
Honda has two versions of Automatic. One with Paddle shift and another without. If you see D2 in the Gearshift, that is the one without Paddle shift. The one with the Paddle has S instead.
nareshtrao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th August 2011, 10:46   #369
Senior - BHPian
 
Sn1p3r's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,017
Thanked: 224 Times
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao

Honda has two versions of Automatic. One with Paddle shift and another without. If you see D2 in the Gearshift, that is the one without Paddle shift. The one with the Paddle has S instead.
Thank you! I did nor know this fact.
Sn1p3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 21:15   #370
BANNED
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: in a Toyota!
Posts: 2,686
Thanked: 595 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Diesel lovers can enjoy the 9th gen civic with a 2 ltr high performance diesel engine by end of 2012!

honda is testing a 2.2 ltr diesel engine, might be detuned to 2 ltr for indian market. its a 2.2 ltr I-DECT 4 cylinder, around 150 bhp with atleast 350 Nm of torque. its cleaner too, eco friendly with low emissions of 110g/km and will have start-stop technology.

expect the car to be revealed at Frankfurt motor show.

the same 2/2.2 will be fitted in to CRV and Accord.

Last edited by Parm : 24th August 2011 at 21:18.
Parm is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 22:10   #371
Distinguished - BHPian
 
swiftnfurious's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Chennai
Posts: 6,448
Thanked: 6,428 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Diesel lovers can enjoy the 9th gen civic with a 2 ltr high performance diesel engine by end of 2012!

honda is testing a 2.2 ltr diesel engine, might be detuned to 2 ltr for indian market. its a 2.2 ltr I-DECT 4 cylinder, around 150 bhp with atleast 350 Nm of torque. its cleaner too, eco friendly with low emissions of 110g/km and will have start-stop technology.

expect the car to be revealed at Frankfurt motor show.

the same 2/2.2 will be fitted in to CRV and Accord.
WOW ! 2012 is a good time slot I guess. I hope they bring the next gen CRV with a diesel plant itself. I guess the CRV / Accord might get the 150 PS versions and City will get around 100 bhp ? I hope they give us some 120 bhp. Wish list.

And please, make the CRV a CKD than a CBU and price it on par with Fortuner or slightly lower & see those sales charts on fire !
swiftnfurious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th August 2011, 23:10   #372
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 991
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parm View Post
Diesel lovers can enjoy the 9th gen civic with a 2 ltr high performance diesel engine by end of 2012!

honda is testing a 2.2 ltr diesel engine, might be detuned to 2 ltr for indian market. its a 2.2 ltr I-DECT 4 cylinder, around 150 bhp with atleast 350 Nm of torque. its cleaner too, eco friendly with low emissions of 110g/km and will have start-stop technology.

expect the car to be revealed at Frankfurt motor show.

the same 2/2.2 will be fitted in to CRV and Accord.
I asked the same question this thread earlier although i had my doubts on whether the 2.2 Engine could be used on the Civic. If what you say is true, this is the car to wait for !! Please do let us know your source of info...
nik_kapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 10:24   #373
Senior - BHPian
 
avishar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: kolkata/bangalore,india
Posts: 2,411
Thanked: 686 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
WOW ! 2012 is a good time slot I guess. I hope they bring the next gen CRV with a diesel plant itself. I guess the CRV / Accord might get the 150 PS versions and City will get around 100 bhp ? I hope they give us some 120 bhp. Wish list.

And please, make the CRV a CKD than a CBU and price it on par with Fortuner or slightly lower & see those sales charts on fire !
Agree with you on the CRV part.As we have seen Honda's priced sensibly(read Jazz) have a lot of takers.

These diesels are i-CTDi engines?How do Honda diesels match upto their petrol counterparts considering hallmarks of Honda engines are smoothness,refinement and performance oriented?
avishar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 11:00   #374
Distinguished - BHPian
 
vb-san's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: S'pore/Thrissur
Posts: 4,690
Thanked: 3,860 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
I asked the same question this thread earlier although i had my doubts on whether the 2.2 Engine could be used on the Civic. If what you say is true, this is the car to wait for !! Please do let us know your source of info...
I read about this a few days back, and posted the information on a different thread. Quoting the post here for reference. The news bit was from AutoCar UK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
Here is some information on the Honda diesel. According to this piece of information in Autocar UK, the updated 2.2 diesel is going to have a UK debut in the new euro Civic. Will India also get this next year?

Honda's new 2.2 diesel: 110g/km - Autocar.co.uk
vb-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th August 2011, 16:53   #375
BHPian
 
nik_kapur's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: New Delhi
Posts: 991
Thanked: 465 Times
Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
I read about this a few days back, and posted the information on a different thread. Quoting the post here for reference. The news bit was from AutoCar UK.

Funny thing is that they speak about some old diesel motor in the Civic?? I was under the impression that Honda never had diesel mills before..
nik_kapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PICS: Honda's CUV - India-bound? rubicon The International Automotive Scene 55 20th November 2013 19:29
Honda City Vs Honda Civic E Vs Honda Civic V (pre-owned) drkunaldas Sedans 4 31st October 2010 18:07
2011 Bmw 3 Series India Bound brakehorsepower The Indian Car Scene 4 18th January 2010 20:04
Lateral Movement - Skoda Octavia to Honda Civic? EDIT : Bought Civic! Jay5150 Sedans 44 19th August 2009 06:07


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 20:13.

Copyright 2000 - 2017, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks