Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th February 2012, 12:10   #421
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Default Re: India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19

I liked the look of this new next gen civic.

But I guess without a diesel there is no point in even attempting to sell it out here. I todays situation a diesel is essential to sell a car in that segment - unless the govt poke a spoke in the diesel vehicle pricing / tax.
ACM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 11:11   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Some more pictures of the New Civic – recently launched here in Singapore (pics courtesy: www.oneshift.com). Decent interiors, especially the driver oriented dash layout looks very pleasing IMO.
Attached Images

vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 13:52   #423
BHPian

This will be an improved civic no doubts, but I like the centre console of the current generation civic especially the music system. Would like to see in flesh may be then the opinion would change. I also think the upper dashboard in black would look much better that this shade of grey.

Last edited by Shreyas Aterkar : 10th February 2012 at 13:58. Reason: correcting the tyop
Shreyas Aterkar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 14:03   #424
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Aterkar View Post
I also think the upper dashboard in black would look much better that this shade of grey.
I have a strong feeling that the color combination will be changed in the Indian edition. My speculation is Beige and Dark brown. Typically light and dark grey is used in markets where Civic is an entry level car.
dot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 14:13   #425
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
I have a strong feeling that the color combination will be changed in the Indian edition. My speculation is Beige and Dark brown. Typically light and dark grey is used in markets where Civic is an entry level car.
Indeed. That’s quite a possibility. The pictures I shared are of the 1.6 Civic, which is the base version here
vb-san is offline   (1) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 10th February 2012, 14:35   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dot View Post
+1. Now a days Beige and Dark brown are almost Indian 'ized by most of the OEM's.

The Incoming Civic is again more of Arrow based design concept ( Similar to current City design) unlike the out going one, which was 'Python' based.
Some how, I still feel earlier civic was the 'sexiest' looking car IMHO. I always try Never to miss a Civic with out enjoying those curves!
Maverick79 is offline   (3) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 12th February 2012, 22:29   #427
Senior - BHPian

Time to showcase the AU/NZ model.
Attached Thumbnails
India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-img_civic2012_intview1.jpg  

India bound 2011/12 Honda Civic ? EDIT : Clean pictures on pg. 19-img_header_civic2012.jpg  

sidindica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 08:16   #428
BHPian

From the pictures, it looks like ignition continues to be key based than start-stop button. I also do not see back seat a/c vents. Will these find its way in Indian spec?
SafeSteer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 11:30   #429
Distinguished - BHPian

For the Indian version, I am willing to bet that the interiors will receive a dose of "beigifcation" - seats will be beige leather, door pads will be beige leather and the lower part of the dashboard will be beige in colour.

NYTimes recently carried an article saying the market is disappointed with the new Honda Civic, and that a refreshed version is already in the works - and that it would be out by 2013.
smartcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 11:55   #430
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SafeSteer View Post
From the pictures, it looks like ignition continues to be key based than start-stop button. I also do not see back seat a/c vents. Will these find its way in Indian spec?
Back seat a/c vents have always been there below the front seats. I believe this will continue in the new model.
vasoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 12:02   #431
BHPian

This car is already launched in GCC and Oman in oct 2011.

Personally speaking, I liked the earlier Civic better than the new one. The new one looks more like the 2012 Toyota camry (the rear atleast). Interiors are re-designed and looks more appealing.
arunu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2012, 12:35   #432
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartcat View Post
For the Indian version, I am willing to bet that the interiors will receive a dose of "beigifcation" - seats will be beige leather, door pads will be beige leather and the lower part of the dashboard will be beige in colour.

NYTimes recently carried an article saying the market is disappointed with the new Honda Civic, and that a refreshed version is already in the works - and that it would be out by 2013.

The American one is anyways slightly different from the Asia one. I think we will receive pretty much the car we see in the images below. Of course the 'beigification' will happen. The US one is a slightly stripped version of what we see in the images below.

My guess is that Honda is waiting for the Diesel mill to be ready before they launch in it India. Petrol only model will sell for 3-4 months when the novelty factor will keep it going and then they will need to settle down for 200-300 cars a month and that is indeed not worth the effort for Honda. A good diesel mill can see this car do 1000 units consistently.
nik_kapur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 10:33   #433
BHPian

The rear looks Fluidic Verna-ish .

The new gen Civic is not to my taste.

Infact, the first gen Civic was very killer in looks than the next one that had octagonal tail lamps. Not to my taste.

I some how tend to like cars in their first gen look than the subsequent generations.
Although i did'nt like the Dzire initially gradually i started to develop a liking for it.
The Dzire looked better in it's previous version than the current one.
Same goes for the Civic, the Indica (V2 model and Vista).
bharatbits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 10:47   #434
Senior - BHPian

Why is Honda Siel taking it's time bringing this car to market here?
nickatnite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th March 2012, 10:51   #435
BHPian

The rear seems more inspired from the recent C-Class (especially the tail lamps). It is sad to note that the front has lost the futuristic look. In fact from the front it looks like a retro version of Civic. The interiors give me a mixed emotion: The dashboard seems to have gone up a notch while the steering seems bit dull for a car of this segment.

The critical items on which the success depends
1) The diesel motor
2) The price - Going by recent trend, i am hoping they get it right
urajkumar is offline   Reply With Quote