Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 8th September 2010, 15:05   #31
BHPian

Yup. Vento it is. Honda are too scared by the VW Vento that, for the first time since City's introduction in India, they are offering free insurance (works out to 33.5k) on all variants of the City. I'm not too sure about this claim but that is what the sales person told me.
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 16:25   #32
BHPian

^yep. just noticed. so Insurance + corporate discount brings it to 45k+.
BuRnT RuBbEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 18:27   #33
SRK
Senior - BHPian

Folks at Honda say they need to get things tightened up as VW and Suzuki are coming together.
May be this is just a start. In future we might get to see many variants and cheaper models too.
SRK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 09:43   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

I think what they need to do first is spruce up the interiors, instead of releasing special editions.

Took a TD of the V-AT yesterday and loved the way it drives (the MT even more). But the interiors are pathetic for a 11lakh car. Had a colleague along (who drives an i10) to get an opinion on everything other than the driving part - as per him, the interiors suck and the i20 does a much better job at much lesser price. Also I never liked beige interiors and this has beige all over.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 13:25   #35
BHPian

The Vento effect?

City has up to 42k off in Goa - free insurance (27k for V-AT with Honda Assure) + 15k exchange bonus

In August there was 15k discount + 15k exchange bonus. Before August, there were no discounts offered directly.

However, the increase in loan interest rate from Aug-Sep somewhat neutralizes this offer :(

Last edited by echo77 : 9th September 2010 at 13:27.
echo77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 14:11   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Yeah, in Chennai also insurance off + 15K corporate discount.
supremeBaleno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 17:27   #37
BHPian

This is the new colour for the ANHC - Honda Fest 2010
Urban Titanium Metallic . This replaces the Polished Metal Metallic. Apparently this colour was achieved by mixing Bold Beige Metallic and Polished Metal Metallic.
I thought the colour looked quite impressive and unique.
Attached Thumbnails
PIC : The ANHC Special Edition-imag0143-1.jpg  

Lemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 19:09   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
This is the new colour for the ANHC - Honda Fest 2010
Urban Titanium Metallic . This replaces the Polished Metal Metallic. Apparently this colour was achieved by mixing Bold Beige Metallic and Polished Metal Metallic.
I thought the colour looked quite impressive and unique.
Hmmm, though it looks very nice, I am surprised that they are discontinuing PMM. My sales executive was telling me that PMM was the best selling color.
phantom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2010, 19:51   #39
BHPian

The discontinued colour PMM was confirmed by Capital Honda and Sundaram. Which colour do you have. Though it looks really nice, was suprised to hear that they havent got a single booking for this colour as yet.
Old 21st October 2010, 22:13   #40
BHPian

This is hideous!!... you wake in the morning, have your cup of coffee, put on your suit to go to office, and then you step into a car which has more bling than one of those drug-dealing-rappers!!! i mean c'mon, long and hard has been said about the so called 'fascination' of chrome in the Indian market, but surely the ANHC didn't have to do anything with it. Sorry for all the people who likes the design, but a brushed metal effect would have been fine, but one has to get their sunglasses on to admire the City 'EXCLUSIVE'

No offense, but what next? Chrome plated 17 inchers??
methecupid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2010, 10:37   #41
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemon View Post
The discontinued colour PMM was confirmed by Capital Honda and Sundaram. Which colour do you have. Though it looks really nice, was suprised to hear that they havent got a single booking for this colour as yet.
I have Polished Metal Metallic :-) Probably the easiest to maintain.
phantom76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2010, 18:05   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Yup. Vento it is. Honda are too scared by the VW Vento that, for the first time since City's introduction in India, they are offering free insurance (works out to 33.5k) on all variants of the City. I'm not too sure about this claim but that is what the sales person told me.
This offer is only till midnight of 31st Oct 2010 after which there will be no discounts. I am planning to pick it up before the offer expires.
Old 26th October 2010, 19:07   #43
BHPian

I think it looks nice. Something with the bling factor. A new age car for a well heeled urban citizen. No wonder the City is THE car to beat in its segmant. They are trying to woo all types of customers. Sigh, if it were a lil cheaper :-(
rjalihal is offline   Reply With Quote