Go Back   Team-BHP > BHP India > The Indian Car Scene

Old 7th September 2010, 17:05   #16
BHPian

Glad! the indian scene has finally reached the point where we have more and more options within the same car. But compared to US/EU, lot more yet to come.
BuRnT RuBbEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 01:24   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuRnT RuBbEr View Post
Glad! the indian scene has finally reached the point where we have more and more options within the same car. But compared to US/EU, lot more yet to come.
Sadly, there are no options. The colors on the dashboard are fixed to a model and you cant opt for other color even as an option. eg. If i do not like a red dash, I would have to completely rule out figo from my choices.
razrman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 14:22   #18
BHPian

hmm? i think one of my friends just chose black dash over the red one for figo titanium petrol.
BuRnT RuBbEr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th September 2010, 14:53   #19
BHPian

Not so. In the Figo, you can opt for a Black dash. At this point, I would like to indicate the dash of Fiat 500 and the new Nissan Juke. In the 500, the dash has a metallic finish and you can choose any colour you like (only for specific area) and the same is available in the Juke where you can even have the transmission tunnel in two colours - black and red
designersf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th September 2010, 10:37   #20
GTO
Team-BHP Support

It's also a matter of differentiation. Most 4 - 5 lakh rupee hatchbacks are similar in power, space and equipment. Buying decisions are increasingly based on brand, looks & price. Grey is most definitely out as it looks too cheap & bland. I prefer all black interiors or a combination of beige + black.

The i20's brown interior shade ain't to my taste, but the Figo's coral shade takes the cake. I don't know what Ford's designers were smoking when they chose that garish colour.
GTO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2011, 14:32   #21
Senior - BHPian

Default Re: Dashboard colors - any reason behind the myriad of colors ?

Talking about dashboard colors, even Nano has beige and black colours to offer. The car absolutely transforms from it earlier avataar to a more bright and vibrant cabin and looks more roomier for a car that has a lot of cabin space to begin with!

Check Pg.7 in the link to spot the new interiors
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ge-12-a-7.html (Nano Upgrade coming soon. *UPDATE* Launched! Details on Page 12)
girishglg is offline   Reply With Quote